Water Tracking Apps?

Does anybody know or use any water tracking apps? I would be interested to see just how much water I drink in a day and to see if I can hit my initial target of 3L? I just can't get on with the water tracker MFP

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Plant Nanny is my fave. Apparently I am the sort of grown woman who will drink water to keep a fake plant alive!
  • BumbleBreeBuzz
    BumbleBreeBuzz Posts: 83 Member
    Water your body is ok, nothing fancy
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Does anybody know or use any water tracking apps? I would be interested to see just how much water I drink in a day and to see if I can hit my initial target of 3L? I just can't get on with the water tracker MFP

MFP does that afaik
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    +1 for Plant Nanny
  • itsMcKay
    itsMcKay Posts: 131 Member
    MyFitnessPal has a water tracker on the FOOD page.
  • FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member

Get a 1 LT bottle and drink it threw the day and make sure to refill it 2 times. by the end of the day you know you will hit your goal
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    just tally it old school way
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Aqua alert
    Quite good
  • robynmoosehead
    robynmoosehead Posts: 66 Member
    itsMcKay wrote: »
    I can't get my head around the MFP one. I mean, what the hell constitutes a cup? I'm English and don't have anything using those measurements. Much prefer being able to adjust it to a 1L bottle, or a pint say.
  • robynmoosehead
    Plant Nanny is my fave. Apparently I am the sort of grown woman who will drink water to keep a fake plant alive!

Hahaha that sounds right up my street. Make it a game. I'll give it a try
  • robynmoosehead
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll download them all and see what works. I'd love to be able to do it normally but I work between 15-18 hours everyday and chop and change where and what I drink from so I just lose track when I'm trying to do it in my head. A pint here and there, then maybe a bottle if i pop out, gets confusing quickly.
  • itsMcKay
    itsMcKay Posts: 131 Member
    I can't get my head around the MFP one. I mean, what the hell constitutes a cup? I'm English and don't have anything using those measurements. Much prefer being able to adjust it to a 1L bottle, or a pint say.

Totally understandable. A pint is two cups. A liter is just over 4 cups. Drink 1 to 2 liters per day and you're golden. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I don't understand people who have a target of x litres of water

can't you just check your pee for dehydration signs and if you are in the wrong colour band drink more
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member

Well if I can take to Google to discover what a stone is or what kilos are in pounds....I would think you can Google it to figure out the conversion....no?
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I don't understand people who have a target of x litres of water

can't you just check your pee for dehydration signs and if you are in the wrong colour band drink more

This.

People generally need different amounts on different days depending on activity/weather etc. Just go with the flow (literally, I suppose)

Other than that, I basically just keep a bottle of water with me 24/7. I know roughly how many I drink on average per day, but I have absolutely no idea how big the bottle is!