What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    bump
  • Megeffer
    Megeffer Posts: 48 Member
    Nobody told me that even 37 out of 50 pounds down, I would feel exactly the same. I feel like I look exactly the same. Its a fluke anytime something nice fits me at the thrift shop and I feel guilty and like a liar wearing a medium. I cry because I feel the same so clothing sizes must be changing. I am happy, but there is guilt there as well. I dont understand why, but at least ive recognised the emotion.

I feel the same way. I'm 34 pounds down of about 75ish that I want to lose. Started out as a 14/16 and haven't bought new pants yet because I feel like I would be kidding myself to try them on. I just keep going to goodwill and getting dresses because I feel better in them. I know I've lost weight, but it hasn't clicked yet.

• EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    No one tells you that you will get buzzed so much faster... (65 pounds ago it took three or four drinks to get buzzed. Now it takes like 1 1/2.)

Ohhh!!! I never thought about it, but I can see that. I'm down 70 pounds from where I started, and about 25 from where I was over 5 years ago.

I've always been a lightweight, but it's definitely more noticeable now.

• jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    don't forget to have your thyroid medication adjusted every 10-15 pounds...
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    2ledbetter wrote: »
    Now that I've lost 90 pounds, with 80 still to go it's like having a double body. I feel the muscle and bone structure underneath the fat. I can grab fat and skin and feel where when I finish losing weight my body might be. My fat just seems to jiggle more now, but I can feel the muscle underneath. Does anyone else feel this?

Yes! I'm 50 pounds down... so far to go... but there is a tight muscular body, a hard body under all this fluff. So weird to feel the body underneath.
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    balboasuze wrote: »
    Also, that for some people the logistical process of losing weight is not the start of success. For some people, the mental side of it has to come first.

Congrats on your loss so far! I couldn't agree anymore! It took years of me dieting and working out and barely losing anything, only to gain it all back plus some! After having previously lost 70 lbs, nothing could be more frustrating. In October, I moved cross country and definitely had the click moment! On January 1st, I officially started on here and I'm like a whole new person now!
  • RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member

How runny your poo gets if you eat loads of veggies :smile: [/quote]

Right there with you! :smiley:

How After eating healthy for so long, you take one cheat meal, and you feel like utter crap!
    How much better you feel, more energy, no more knee problems, stay up later and wake up earlier because of your energy!
    so many feels
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    kab789 wrote: »
    Friends say how small I am getting but when I look in the mirror I still see a larger person. I know I am getting smaller as my clothes have dropped in sizes but I still don't see it.
    I'm with you on this. I'm 9 lbs. from my goal, with 41 lbs. lost, and I still feel fat.
  • rayw89
    kab789 wrote: »
    Friends say how small I am getting but when I look in the mirror I still see a larger person. I know I am getting smaller as my clothes have dropped in sizes but I still don't see it.
    I'm with you on this. I'm 9 lbs. from my goal, with 41 lbs. lost, and I still feel fat.
  • rayw89
    edited June 2015
    Duplicate posts. Wish there was a delete button!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!