Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited June 2015
    Is this diet healthy?
    Breakfast: 1 cup of instant coffee with no sugar + 1 banana
    Lunch: large bowl of salad + 200g of protiens
    Dinner: 2 kinds of fruits

That's all you get to eat for the day? I don't think I would be able to eat 200G of protein in one sitting.

I would seek a second opinion. This doesn't seem right.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    Fire your dietician. If that's all they've told you to eat, they're a hack.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I doubt a qualified dietitian would tell anyone to eat that. It's lacking in everything from calories to macros to nutrients
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Fruit for dinner? lol. Maybe as a side... but not for the whole meal, surely?

Are you sure it wasn't a nutritionist?

Either way, find someone else, cause that's bunk.
  • Laramary602
    Laramary602 Posts: 52 Member
    She said that im considered as obese so according to this she gave me this diet
  • Ninkyou
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Is this diet healthy?
    Breakfast: 1 cup of instant coffee with no sugar + 1 banana
    Lunch: large bowl of salad + 200g of protiens
    Dinner: 2 kinds of fruits

That's all you get to eat for the day? I don't think I would be able to eat 200G of protein in one sitting.

I would seek a second opinion. This doesn't seem right.

I'm thinking maybe she means 200g of a lean meat containing protein? 200g of straight protein would be a bit... hard to accomplish...
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    No.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Find a new dietician and report this one to... Whoever the heck regulates these fools.
  • Azexas
    edited June 2015

And she was a registered dietician and not a nutritionist? I'm not a registered dietician and could give you a better meal plan that that. Honestly- seek out another opinion. I'm not so sure she knows what she's talking about. If she is a dietician, I would give her licensing board a call and tell them the meal "plan" she gave you.
  • Alatariel75

I'm obese and lose weight on 1600 calories a day.
  • Ninkyou
    When I started MFP I was Obese. I ate a heck of alot more than what you've listed and in tons of varieties and flavors. What you're describing is pretty sad and miserable.

Fire her.

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member

And she was a registered dietician and not a nutritionist? I'm not a registered dietician and could give you a better meal plan that that. Honestly- seek out another opinion. I'm not so sure she knows what she's talking about.

This plus instant coffee is gross.
    what is wrong with brewed from grounds?
  • Alatariel75
    How did you find this 'dietician'? were you referred by a doctor? Is it really a registered dietician and not a 'nutritionist' or some other dietary advisor?
  • Laramary602
    Laramary602 Posts: 52 Member
    I tried to sum up the calories for this diet, the total is 450 cal per day!!!
  • Ninkyou

Yeah... no. Not healthy in any way, shape or form.
  • Alatariel75

That's ridiculous.
  • Azexas

run very quickly in the opposite direction
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member

But eat some more first..... You wouldn't want to waste the few calories you have by burning them through exercise!
  • Anniepi66
    Anniepi66 Posts: 45 Member
    Where did this dietitian get his/her degree? Seems to lack everything healthy. Find another one ASAP!
  • Azexas

But eat some more first..... You wouldn't want to waste the few calories you have by burning them through exercise!

Valid point! I didn't think that one all the way through.