My dietitian gave me this diet program i need your opinion

Replies

• rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Fruit for dinner? lol. Maybe as a side... but not for the whole meal, surely?

Are you sure it wasn't a nutritionist?

Either way, find someone else, cause that's bunk.

Even for a nutritionist that seems very shady. I'd also report them to whatever governing body controls their liscensing as they're obviously not qualified if they're telling you to starve yourself.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited June 2015
    Was she a dietitian or a nutritionist?

No reputable dietitian would ever recommend this diet.

An unqualified nutritionist would, however.
  • Laramary602
    Laramary602 Posts: 52 Member
    Yes she is a registered dietitian she is famous here, i payed 100$ for my first appiontment
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Call her licensing board and report her. Go get a second opinion.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Yes she is a registered dietitian she is famous here, i payed 100$ for my first appiontment

You need to report her.
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    three, good meals.

Try and Eat clean but you can eat whatever.

olive oil. olive oil butter .cheese .Greek yoghurt. avocado .fruit .vegetables .meat. fish. rice. Potatoes. Eggs. Theres so many foods you can eat. And never under1000 cals for to many days.

Meal one. egg omelet Add whatever you like weight and count the cals.
    Meal two. Salad.
    Meal three. Chicken veg rice.

don't focus on results. enjoy the journey. its a long slow journey that takes time. So give it time. Plenty of vegetables. Water. And daily workouts gym bike walk ect.
    Its the small changes like having junk meal once a week. Dont drink coke ect. Its the small changes . . make home made fresh meals. Take daily walks ect. It will come off. Dont think now now now. And make yourself sick... Think later future next year and do it slowly and healthy.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Anniepi66 wrote: »
    Where did this dietitian get his/her degree? Seems to lack everything healthy. Find another one ASAP!

I noticed that the OP's been asked several times if this person was accredited and those questions have gone ignored. I find it hard to believe anyone who would want to keep their job and not be reported would recommend this.

If this person truly is accredited I'd find the appropriate authority to report them to.
  • Laramary602
    I called her yesterday and i told her that im feeling hungry escpially at night, so she changed my dinner she replaced it with a cup of yogurt and one brown toast
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member

Then you were bamboozled/hoodwinked/whatever.

Report her.
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Is this diet healthy?
    Breakfast: 1 cup of instant coffee with no sugar + 1 banana
    Lunch: large bowl of salad + 200g of protiens
    Dinner: 2 kinds of fruits

So...
    A banana for breakfast.
    TWO POUNDS of hamburger for lunch. (that's 8 Big Mac's.)
    An apple and a grape for dinner.

Sounds pretty idiotic. You should probably get a second opinion.
  • Azexas
    edited June 2015
    I called her yesterday and i told her that im feeling hungry escpially at night, so she changed my dinner she replaced it with a cup of yogurt and one brown toast

That's still not enough calories.

Protein and Fats will keep you feeling fuller longer. Try incorporating chicken or fish to your dinner. Take a look at my food diary if you need meal ideas.

OP: How tall are you? How much do you currently weight? What is your activity level?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member

And you think that's any better? Please find a new dietician

Where did she get her degree? A cereal box?
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Next time you have $100 you want to waste please direct message me. I'll gladly take your money and will provide you with a meal and exercise plan that you will enjoy and is sustainable.
  • Laramary602
    I don't want to waste more money, i had wasted enough, i just want a healthy filling diet that can make me lose 6 lbs in a month
  • Azexas
    How tall are you?
    How much do you weigh?
    What is your activity level?
  • Laramary602
    157cm
    73kg
    I just walk one hour a day
  • Azexas
    I used this calculator http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

To lose 1 pound a week you will need to eat 1464 calories a day.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    157cm
    73kg
    I just walk one hour a day

I wouldn't classify that as obese either. Are you joking?
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Ditch her fast. Never call or answer the phone. And ditch her plan.

Thats a crazy diet plan. I could make one up. Meal one 2egg. Meal 2 200g of veg 150g of veg. Meal 3.. Toast with cheese.

Its madness. Dont eat so little, i started i weighed 324pounds. I had take away every friday. I ate. Small egg egg omelet With cheese tomatoes peppers and mushrooms. lunch i had fish with vegetables. Dinner. I had fish or meat with vegetables and potatoes or rice. With home made guacamole.. And i also had small meals of pasta bake shepherds pie roast dinners stir fry

Its about long term, learning about right food choices. So smaller portions of the food thats not so good for us.

And to learn to make. Healthy meals at home from fresh.

Thats a fad diet. You will snap go mad eat more. Get stressed you added more weight and eat even more.

Think slow and long term, hey you can even have a small slice of cake if you like.

Its all about being in a calorie deficit. Lets say a person needs to eat 3,000 calories to stay at 250 pounds. But wants to get down to say say get down to 150pounds. So eat 1500 calories a day your lose weight and still get to eat food.

So what does a healthy 1500 calories look like. A plate of carrots are only 200cals. See low in calories and very filling. So mix vegetables chicken cocked in a frying pan using olive oil. With some brown rice. Your going to lose. Weight.

Think about it, lets say large person. Eats 3,000 calories a day. For a week thats. That adds up to 21,000 calories. So if they eat at 1,500 calories a day. Thats 10,500 calories in a week. So thats a drop of 10,500 calories a week. You need to lose 3,000 calories to use one pound a week. So do the maths. Thats. 3 pounds a week. life While still eating 1,500 calories a day.

So lets say, you only drop a few hundred calories when your daily diet. Your still going to lose weight. You dont need to cut so low. Your going to give up in a week. This is all about long term for life. For life.

If you carry on eating so low, you will become ill. And i mean organ failure . eye sights failure. hair will fall out irregular periods not being able to have children. Please stop. And think long plan. For life
  • Laramary602
    My body burns 1400 daily? And she gave me a 450 cal program omg