My dietitian gave me this diet program i need your opinion

Replies

• allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    I think you saw a quack.. you can figure out on here how many calories you need to lose weight.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    How exactly is she so famous? And where?
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    OP your profile says you need to lose around 60lbs? That's close to what I've lost and I did it by eating at a weekly calorie deficit. Simple as that. I didn't cut out any of the foods that I liked, I just started eating less of them :)

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    bpetrosky wrote: »

Now that I'm thinking about it... Famous isn't always a positive thing
  • Laramary602
    Laramary602 Posts: 52 Member
    Troutsy wrote: »

She has many clients, she has several clinics, she goes on tv shows
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member

She goes on tv shows and only charged you 100 dollars? That's less than my haircut.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

is her name Mrs Oz?????
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »

is her name Mrs Oz?????

lol
  • Laramary602
    OP your profile says you need to lose around 60lbs? That's close to what I've lost and I did it by eating at a weekly calorie deficit. Simple as that. I didn't cut out any of the foods that I liked, I just started eating less of them :)
    Thats great :) im glad that you have reached your goal :D god bless

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    I need to open my own "nutrition clinic"
  • Laramary602
    ndj1979 wrote: »

is her name Mrs Oz?????

Lol no, not even close to her
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    If she works for a Dr.'s office or clinic, I'd report it to them....before she ruins someone's health.
  • bpetrosky
    Assuming you are in the UK, is this person a member of the BDA? You should review that plan with your regular doctor before going any further or restricting yourself like that one more day.

Also, your BMI factors out to 29.6, which is just short of obese by most measurements. That means you can benefit from a moderate calorie deficit but you certainly do not need something drastically restrictive.
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Ditch her fast. Never call or answer the phone. And ditch her plan.

Thats a crazy diet plan. I could make one up. Meal one 2egg. Meal 2 200g of veg 150g of veg. Meal 3.. Toast with cheese.

Its madness. Dont eat so little, i started i weighed 324pounds. I had take away every friday. I ate. Small egg egg omelet With cheese tomatoes peppers and mushrooms. lunch i had fish with vegetables. Dinner. I had fish or meat with vegetables and potatoes or rice. With home made guacamole.. And i also had small meals of pasta bake shepherds pie roast dinners stir fry

Its about long term, learning about right food choices. So smaller portions of the food thats not so good for us.

And to learn to make. Healthy meals at home from fresh.

Thats a fad diet. You will snap go mad eat more. Get stressed you added more weight and eat even more.

Think slow and long term, hey you can even have a small slice of cake if you like.

Its all about being in a calorie deficit. Lets say a person needs to eat 3,000 calories to stay at 250 pounds. But wants to get down to say say get down to 150pounds. So eat 1500 calories a day your lose weight and still get to eat food.

So what does a healthy 1500 calories look like. A plate of carrots are only 200cals. See low in calories and very filling. So mix vegetables chicken cocked in a frying pan using olive oil. With some brown rice. Your going to lose. Weight.

Think about it, lets say large person. Eats 3,000 calories a day. For a week thats. That adds up to 21,000 calories. So if they eat at 1,500 calories a day. Thats 10,500 calories in a week. So thats a drop of 10,500 calories a week. You need to lose 3,000 calories to use one pound a week. So do the maths. Thats. 3 pounds a week. life While still eating 1,500 calories a day.

So lets say, you only drop a few hundred calories when your daily diet. Your still going to lose weight. You dont need to cut so low. Your going to give up in a week. This is all about long term for life. For life.

If you carry on eating so low, you will become ill. And i mean organ failure . eye sights failure. hair will fall out irregular periods not being able to have children. Please stop. And think long plan. For life

You know every week. A new diet. A new book a new tv show. A new dvd.

You know what. Losing weight aint. rocket science. you dont need to waste money. And follow a fab diet.

Learn that junk food is bad, but ok in small not that often portions

Learn, that clean healthy food is great for you.

Learn to cook fresh from scratch

Learn, that you need to move more. Download some songs or audio book. And go for a walk instead of watching tv. Damn watch tv while you ride a bike. Join some fittness clubs and groups.

Damn, small changes like walking instead of taking the bus. Ditching the coke drinks. For water. Its all small changes
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    My body burns 1400 daily? And she gave me a 450 cal program omg
    Just wondering how youre coming up with that #450?
    You cant just say a banana is a piece of fruit...you need to weigh it for the cals!
    And in your original you claimed you were to have an additional 2 pieces of fruit...again cals depends on what fruit(s) and their weight.
    Your 200grams of protein....that in itself can be a lot of cals.
    IF that is in fact the food list shes made for you then you could in essence break those up...right?
    Have some protein in the AM w/ your banana since surely you couldn't eat 200 in 1 sitting.
    Instead of a "big salad" w/ protein at lunch, have 1/2 of the greens w/ some more protein.
    Either have 1 piece of fruit for lunch or split it w/ your dinner.
    For dinner have the same concept as lunch.
    For a snack have your 3rd piece of fruit.
    IMO, that is more than 450 cals but the layout is a lot better in a days worth.

• walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Carol_ wrote: »
    If she works for a Dr.'s office or clinic, I'd report it to them....before she ruins someone's health.

Doctor pill is a joke. He has been forbefore. A select committee under oath Saying pills he plugged on his tv show never worked

Or is that doctor oz, so many doctors show in America what happened cant you go moan to your own doctor's
  • Laramary602
    Assuming you are in the UK, is this person a member of the BDA? You should review that plan with your regular doctor before going any further or restricting yourself like that one more day.

Also, your BMI factors out to 29.6, which is just short of obese by most measurements. That means you can benefit from a moderate calorie deficit but you certainly do not need something drastically restrictive.

Im not from UK im from Lebanon ( middle east)
  • bpetrosky

Im not from UK im from Lebanon ( middle east)

Ok, I stand corrected. There is probably no certification organization there that covers dieticians or nutritinists, unfortunately. You are best off simply cutting her off, and working out a plan on you own or discussing with your doctor.
  • HappyDann
    HappyDann Posts: 4 Member
    OP = TROLL ???