Foods/drinks you don't log

StereophoneyGaz
StereophoneyGaz Posts: 406 Member
edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Are there any foods or drinks you don't log the calories in.

I personally don't log things like diet coke or flavoured water and I'm curious to know if others do similar

Replies

• Dennee123
    Dennee123 Posts: 1 Member
    Can't see the sense if they are zero calories?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    All food is logged, and drinks without calories (or with minimal calories.)

If I was drinking litres of diet drink I would log those, but I only have a glass /small bottle on occasion.

I don't log spices unless making a big recipe with tablespoons full of spice.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Just spices. I don't measure them out so I don't bother. It's kind of silly if you consider that I weigh and log stuff like lettuce and onions that have similar calories.
  • forgivensins
    forgivensins Posts: 90 Member
    I don't log light fruits/veggies so lettuce/spinach etc.
  • Addiewe
    Addiewe Posts: 65 Member
    I dont log my vitamins even though it totals about 30 cal. I dont want to be tempted to skip them.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Franks Red Hot, any small quantity spices. I do log the spice blends that have a corn starch base - they have a lot more to them than people realize, even with just a teaspoon or so.
  • StereophoneyGaz
    I forgot spices, I don't log them either but I log fruits and veggies
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    I don't log coffee and tea.

I also get some powdered drink mixes that are about 5 cal/8 oz serving. I don't log them, but I'm not drinking enough of that stuff in a day to make a huge addition to my totals.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    I don't log water or spices.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Diet colas, tea with splenda, mustard (does mustard have calories? lol) <:: I suppose it does. But sometimes, I will log them as zero cals, if I feel like it. I log everything else.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    • crystal lite
    • mio
    • diet soda's
    • sweetener packets
    • seasoning (I tend to forget. I do log it sometimes just to see the effect on sodium)
    • hot sauce
    • mustard (forget)

I'm sure there's more, but you get the gist of it.
  • StereophoneyGaz
    Reassuring that I don't log most of these either
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Anything that's 0 calories. If I just have 1 bite of something, sometimes I won't log it. I also frequently forget to log my Diet Mtn Dew, which has 10 cals per 20 oz.
  • ravenstar25
    ravenstar25 Posts: 126 Member
    Mostly what others are saying here: diet soda, green tea, fake sugar packets, sugarless gum, vitamins, medicine, spices like basil. At the very most those could possibly add up to 20-30 calories a day and that isn't going to make or break a day and would just be annoying filler.
  • Lumamar
    Lumamar Posts: 4 Member
    I would only log diet drinks if you are tracking your sodium intake. Or maybe you want to see how much you are really consuming to determine if you should eliminate them from your diet.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Coffee and spices. Spices because I don't use that much and honestly, I have no idea how to log them, considering they don't give nutrition info.

I definitely log mustard, the one I use has 15 calories for 10g or something.

Stevia drives me nuts though... I don't log it, but if I could find the nutrition info for 100g, I would... otherwise it always says 0 calories, even though it's more. Same with Splenda but I very rarely use it so it's less an issue.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Spices, vitamin D pill, and cough drops.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Coffee and spices. Spices because I don't use that much and honestly, I have no idea how to log them, considering they don't give nutrition info.

I definitely log mustard, the one I use has 15 calories for 10g or something.

Stevia drives me nuts though... I don't log it, but if I could find the nutrition info for 100g, I would... otherwise it always says 0 calories, even though it's more. Same with Splenda but I very rarely use it so it's less an issue.

Powdered stevia with erythritol? Look up natvia - they have nutrition info for their Powdered product, and the little tablet sweeteners
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    zyxst wrote: »
    Spices, vitamin D pill, and cough drops.

I log cough drops, those things can be 15 calories... have 3 or more a day, and it adds up :(