A public acknowledgment and thanks for people who helped me succeed at this malarkey

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited June 2015
    Many who have already been mentioned got me going ad have kept me on the path. I was going to say straight and narrow, but I learned early on that you need to take some side trips in order to maintain your sanity. So many along with many on my friends list have kept me going. I would say @ndj1979 and @lemurcat most of all.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Adding in @vismal for his wealth of knowledge and all

Cosign! I'm getting boring now, right?

It's sad that a lot of the main forum activity isn't taken up predominantly by posts from all of these posters listed here. There'd be a lot more factual, useful information available.

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    @rabbitjb

What a sweet thing to say, I certainly feel all warm now.
    (Hopefully that doesn't mean I've wet myself again.....)

thats the problem with recomp …wetting yourself…bahahahahaha JK man ...
    @ndj1979
    Young whippersnapper!
    Will wait until your next cut when you are weak and feeble and then give you a damn good thrashing.
    (JK too.)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited June 2015
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Many who have already been mentioned got me going ad have kept me on the path. I was going to say straight and narrow, but I learned early on that you need to take some side trips in order to maintain your sanity. So many along with many on my friends list have kept me going. I would say @ndj1979 and @lemurcat most of all.

Earlnabby, you are another one of those people on here that whenever I saw a post of yours I took the time to read it because I like what you have to say. :)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    And mamapeach, you are definitely on my list! :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    For me it was @JoRocka , @3laine75 and @PwrLftr82 who helped me the most when I first started my bulk. Thank you :smiley:
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    I have learned so much from all the people here, you have saved me from restriction diets and eating only 1200 calories. I would add @hornsby.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member

Earlnabby, you are another one of those people on here that whenever I saw a post of yours I took the time to read it because I like what you have to say. :)

Agree with this
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    @rabbitjb

What a sweet thing to say, I certainly feel all warm now.
    (Hopefully that doesn't mean I've wet myself again.....)

thats the problem with recomp …wetting yourself…bahahahahaha JK man ...
    @ndj1979
    Young whippersnapper!
    Will wait until your next cut when you are weak and feeble and then give you a damn good thrashing.
    (JK too.)

Ha!

I am slowly coming out of this cut and feeling better for it..

amazing what a re-feed and increasing calories by 250 a day will do …

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2015
    usmcmp wrote: »
    @LolBroScience wasn't around when I started and I hated him at first, but he's a smart guy and has more to offer than just that V taper ;)

@lolbroscience is the Godfather of the ice cream cleanse diet:).

That then lead to the creation of the ice cream & gelato group.
  • ndj1979
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I agree with the OP...I will add @ndj1979 just because I like his brand of no non-sense posting...and I have learned from all mentioned above as well...still learning...
    Mine was/is @Acg67
    @LolBroScience wasn't around when I started and I hated him at first, but he's a smart guy and has more to offer than just that V taper ;)
    @chrisdavey does not post as much but he helped me out a lot when I first signed onto MFP.
    I knew I was forgetting some names...

oh damn ..I forgot about @LolBroScience he has heaped me big time with form on my lifts….
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member

QFT. Another sensible poster, with experience backing up what she says.

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    AliceDark wrote: »
    I agree with everyone on the list so far, and want to add @SezxyStef, @GiveMeCoffee and @JoRocka.

*blushes* thx but I have to say those listed first and later is who I learned it from...and continue to learn from others as well.
  • ndj1979
    @springfield1970 is not on that much but she is very helpful as well...
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Stroutman

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    @LolBroScience helped me tremendously. He's even set my calories and macros, gives advice on form and has no problem explaining things like they are.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    giphy.gif
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Co-signing pretty much all of the above. I've been here since January, and while I'm only 1/3 of my way to goal, there is no way I would have lost the 62lbs I have so far without the people on my friend list, and the no-nonsense straight talkers on the forums.

For me, off the top of my head, the posters that while I may not interact with, I certainly do listen to, and credit with some of my success - even though they haven't known it until now, are:-

@MrM27
    @rabbitjb
    @ndj1979
    @mamapeach910
    @Liftng4Lis
    @lemurcat12

And thanks, Rabbit, for starting this thread and reminding me that there are some people I need to acknowledge.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Great post, agree with all the names mentioned :)
This discussion has been closed.