A public acknowledgment and thanks for people who helped me succeed at this malarkey

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Ditto to all the names mentioned and for that matter most of the people posting in this thread who haven't already been named.

One I'd add that I don't think I've seen mentioned is @ninerbuff
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Can I just say that I love this thread, and up to this point, it's pretty much my "favorite forum people Hall of Fame?"

I also have learned a LOT from a few members who got banned. For truth speaking. Which pisses me off.

there is a certain group that would disagree..but I won't go there….lol

I said MY hall of fame! Not the MFP machine at large.

I see lots of names of sensible deficit eating, heavy lifting, good humored folk on this thread so far. Which, you know, can run in short supply some days....

LOL I was messing around …

and I agree .. :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Ditto to all the names mentioned and for that matter most of the people posting in this thread who haven't already been named.

Him, @psulemon, @kgeyser, and the rest of the mod team
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »

I was gonna say them too but didn't want to look like I was sucking up to the mod team
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member

I was gonna say them too but didn't want to look like I was sucking up to the mod team

Suuuuuuuuurre. ;)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member

This made me laugh!
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    I love this! Pretty much everyone mentioned, and most of you that have participated, are my favorites. I basically stalk the forums to enjoy when one of you corrects some nonsense. And then gets "yelled at" by the poster. And then blows minds with your wisdom. Better than TV. I wish I had been in the forums earlier, your advice is invaluable.
  • Angiefit4life
    Angiefit4life Posts: 210 Member
    @mamapeach910
    She has been so supportive! It's nice to have someone who is not going to let a health issue stop them from achieving their goals.
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Orphia wrote: »
    In turn, I am learning lots from @rabbitjb

This right here! I feel like whenever you post I should be taking notes. Same with mrm, usmcmp, mamapeach, kgeyser, and liftng4lis. I have learned so much from these forums!

As far as my news feed goes, every time I see anything from @fatjon73, I have to smile. I swear, he keeps me coming back every day just to see his latest updates
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    I'm going with @TXEXrunner! I've been on and off this site since 2011, and he was one of the first people to add me on my current 448 day streak. Always a positive influence on his MFPals!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    One of these things is not like the others...

Great list and great additions from the gallery. The one common theme with all these names is a willingness to speak the honest truth. Achieving and maintaining weight/fitness goals is *kitten* hard and the people mentioned in this thread aren't afraid to correct any misconceptions to the contrary.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    I would also like to add @heybales . He was one of the OG's on top of most of the people mentioned already.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I agree with the OP...I will add @ndj1979 just because I like his brand of no non-sense posting...and I have learned from all mentioned above as well...still learning...

LOL, I think you are the only one…

careful, you might get in trouble admitting that...

I can genuinely say i like the non nonsense posting as i have learned a lot from it and tend to post that way.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited June 2015
    One of these things is not like the others...

Great list and great additions from the gallery. The one common theme with all these names is a willingness to speak the honest truth. Achieving and maintaining weight/fitness goals is *kitten* hard and the people mentioned in this thread aren't afraid to correct any misconceptions to the contrary.

Agreed. I also like that we have the knowledgeable ones who seem to really study how the body works and can reference science and scientific studies but also those who may not be as science based but have good common sense and experience and have learned from both, plus can cut through the mumbo-jumbo and BS. I have learned from both types.

• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    I'm relatively new here but your posts and feedback have helped me a lot. :)

So many people on here have lifted me up. Truly amazing.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Yes, yes, yes to all of this!!

This once again seems apt:

r524oqq99jb0.gif
  • heartsstarspll
    heartsstarspll Posts: 47 Member
    I have been lurking since I came back here in March and only just started getting brave enough to start posting.
    I enjoy reading everyone's posts, I find a lot even entertaining at times! I find myself laughing at some(in a good way). :) I also lurked here back in 2013, but never got up the nerve to post. I think that actually posting and reading will help keep me on track this time!

@MrM27
    @rabbitjb
    @ndj1979
    @mamapeach910
    @lemurcat12
    @Sarasmaintaining
    @Sarauk2sf
    @usmcmp

Those are people I always look out for in posts! They know what they are talking about! :) There are more I'm sure. But those are the ones I can think of right now.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    What a great post, @rabbitjb !

I think most of the people I would have mentioned have already been posted, so I am just going to give a huge thanks to all of the posters here in the forums that taught me about moderation, accurate logging, and that it's okay to push my boundaries when it comes to physical fitness. Most of their names have already been mentioned :)

54674664.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    oh, wow...

x1duzt785grp.jpg
    kkhqr1i0f3ic.gif
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    @rabbitjb is someone who I listen to. MrM I thought was a bullish ape when I first started using the forums. I soon realised he was a vast wealth of knowledge and I warmed to him and his churlish ways. He even loves Gelato. So yep he is up there with Rabbit for me.
This discussion has been closed.