A public acknowledgment and thanks for people who helped me succeed at this malarkey

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,451 Member
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Ditto to all the names mentioned and for that matter most of the people posting in this thread who haven't already been named.

One I'd add that I don't think I've seen mentioned is @ninerbuff
    Gratitudes. I enjoy engaging and doing what I can on the boards. Eventually there will be people who learned from some of us, who will carry on and help others too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I know we've derailed a little bit, so I wanted to bring it back a bit.

I want to say, there's several users who aren't even on my FL, and some now that are (because I'm a chicken when adding people and shy about it for some reason) that offered me heartfelt congratulations and well wishes when I had my baby in January. It really gave me "dem feels". I felt so accepted and cared for, I can't even express it properly. It really made me feel that there are some truly great and wonderful people on MFP. I really appreciate that, and I think it's something that will stick with me forever. It's a shame those messages get lost in the inbox feature of MFP.

So, thank you, MFP community. Thank you for being caring (in all forms). Truly, it's wonderful to be a part of.

Well, she is the cutest baby ever (outside of my niece), and you're obviously an excellent mom to her and your other one. You deserve all the love.

Aww, thanks! <3
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    @ninerbuff yes you are up there in people I've learned from, but I'm still smarting from you moderating me in the first few weeks for picking someone up on lack of white space ;)

hold a grudge?

me?

laughsss

also kgeyser for da gifs

most of you mods do a banging job
  • ninerbuff
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    @ninerbuff yes you are up there in people I've learned from, but I'm still smarting from you moderating me in the first few weeks for picking someone up on lack of white space ;)

hold a grudge?

me?

laughsss

also kgeyser for da gifs

Lol, I'm consistent though. I modded one of my own clients who posts on here. Talk about awkward at the next training session.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member

hold a grudge?

me?

laughsss

also kgeyser for da gifs

@kgeyser is the bestest mod on mfp (sorry ninerbuff, you're a close 2nd). I actually look forward to her thread locks!
  • Ninkyou
    ninerbuff wrote: »

hold a grudge?

me?

laughsss

also kgeyser for da gifs

Lol, I'm consistent though. I modded one of my own clients who posts on here. Talk about awkward at the next training session.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

lol!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Just stroll my friends list, and you'll see a plethora of awesome people - some of the best MFP had to offer to my husband, sister, and best friend. They all offer me different bits I need from a good throat punch, hugs, kind words, and solid advice when I'm floundering. When I'm ready to begin my lifting adventure I have the best of best to guide me.

If you're awesome and not on it, well then fix that ish. ;)
  • ninerbuff
    edited June 2015

hold a grudge?

me?

laughsss

also kgeyser for da gifs

@kgeyser is the bestest mod on mfp (sorry ninerbuff, you're a close 2nd). I actually look forward to her thread locks!
    I don't disagree. But I bet I run a faster 40 yard dash though. :D

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    There are so many of you guys that I have learned so much from recently. I may have been here on and off since 2012, but I didn't know nor understand half of what I do now since lurking and reading posts from certain posters, who may or may not all be named on this thread. I appreciate the no bs, cut & dry, and blunt honesty. So, to all of you, a sincere and heartfelt "Thank You"!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Hey guys, this discussion was begun with the intent to thank folks who have helped us along our way. (YAY) It has turned into something else (BOOO), and will be removed for a bit while we take a look.

Cheers,
    davis_em
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    davis_em wrote: »
    Hey guys, this discussion was begun with the intent to thank folks who have helped us along our way. (YAY) It has turned into something else (BOOO), and will be removed for a bit while we take a look.

Cheers,
    davis_em

We have cleaned up and moved this discussion back. I am respectfully requesting if people have criticism of specific members or moderation to message me but please let's keep this discussion a positive one about the folks who have helped you in the forums.
  • Ninkyou
    So glad to see this back. :)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    So glad to see this back. :)

Same!
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Yay for revival!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    I was looking for this thread earlier, I am glad it is back so I too can pay homage to those who have helped along the way...

As someone who originally just lurked and learned, many of the people who helped me out have already been named but a couple may not have been or need extra props... some of these people don't venture into the forums anymore so not sure if they will see the props or not.

@GiveMeCoffee
    @JoRocka
    @ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    @Barbell_Jules
    @lemurcat12
    @Phoenix_Down
    @cwolfman13
    @MrM27
    @Hornsby
    @kgeyser
    @diannethegeek
    @isulo_kura

Also @MamaPeach30 @Sarauk2sf @rabbitjb @usmcmp I have been admiring you ladies from afar for quite a while...

And not to exclude the guys: @trogalicious that beard is magnificent and so is your gif... @ndj1979 you never back down from a fight... @tincanonastring I love the Peeps cleanse

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I was looking for this thread earlier, I am glad it is back so I too can pay homage to those who have helped along the way...

As someone who originally just lurked and learned, many of the people who helped me out have already been named but a couple may not have been or need extra props... some of these people don't venture into the forums anymore so not sure if they will see the props or not.

@GiveMeCoffee
    @JoRocka
    @ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    @Barbell_Jules
    @lemurcat12
    @Phoenix_Down
    @cwolfman13
    @MrM27
    @Hornsby
    @kgeyser
    @diannethegeek
    @isulo_kura

Also @MamaPeach30 @Sarauk2sf @rabbitjb @usmcmp I have been admiring you ladies from afar for quite a while...

And not to exclude the guys: @trogalicious that beard is magnificent and so is your gif... @ndj1979 you never back down from a fight... @tincanonastring I love the Peeps cleanse

<3
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Yay, it's back! I'm happy to reiterate, how thankful I am to all the wonderful peeps in my FL (most have been named already), who I look forward to daily both on my wall and in the forums.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Glad to see this back too!

Would make for a good sticky (hint hint)
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    I'm glad this thread is reopened. I read through it when it was locked and wanted to reply.

There are sooo many, so I'll just say I cosign all of those mentioned before.
This discussion has been closed.