Vegan/raw plant diet.

2»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    It can be done, but why would you want to do it when equal or better results can be achieved with less effort? Vegan eating is more about having control over going into your body than it is about health. There is no health benefit to being vegan, but it does seem to give you points on the superiority scale.

Veganism is actually an ethical position on animal exploitation and suffering.

Given your deep hostility to veganism and vegans, it might be a better idea for you to stay out of threads involving it unless you have something useful to contribute. Your main interest here is to proclaim your own superiority and to remind everyone what you think of vegans. It isn't necessary or helpful.
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Good luck with that. I can't get past 2 days lol
  • melissalatzel25
    melissalatzel25 Posts: 148 Member
    amwood1528 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I have decided to do a challenge with my friend; raw diet for two months. I know I know, might sounds crazy but I wouldn't know if I could do it if I didn't try. I have done a lot of research on this lifestyle and there is a lot of information out there. However, do any one know of any good smoothie recipes or simple recipes in general for a plant base diet? A lot of recipes I found are complicated, require a lot of ingredients(someone things I never heard of) and may be heavy on my pockets.

Thanks
    Ms Doubleu

You dont need to supplement on a raw vegan diet IF you eat enough :) the only thing most take are b12 shots / sublingual drops but this is something even meat eaters are deficient in because our soils dont have the b12 they used to have before humans destroy it.

As for calcium youll prob be getting more beneficial calcium from plants / superfoods thst have calcium / than meat eaters hecause milk isnt beneficial to adults, it leeches calcium from our bones actually ( in tinyy amounts)

The US is the country that consumes most dairy of all countires and they also have most osteoporosis. The country that has least osteoporosis, doesnt even have dairy in the diet.

Enjoy your raw diet experience! Please see fullyrawkristinas youtube channel for inspiration / rawvana / dateswithlove / thisrawsomeveganlife - she has a nice blog :)

Xxxx

Ps ive just got blood results after 1 year vegan and im perfect and my cholestrol came way down !

• LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    It can be done, but why would you want to do it when equal or better results can be achieved with less effort? Vegan eating is more about having control over going into your body than it is about health. There is no health benefit to being vegan, but it does seem to give you points on the superiority scale.

Given your deep hostility to veganism and vegans, it might be a better idea for you to stay out of threads involving it unless you have something useful to contribute. Your main interest here is to proclaim your own superiority and to remind everyone what you think of vegans. It isn't necessary or helpful.

Veganism is a means of control over what you put in your body, nothing more, nothing less. It's like any other way of eating. Nothing I said was untrue. If a person believes that it has an impact on "animal exploitation and suffering," then that's all well and good. However, most people who take this position know nothing about animals or farming and buy into the animal rights propaganda. Since I have a vested interest in correcting the misconceptions perpetrated by animal rights propaganda AND because this is an open forum for comments on ways of eating, I feel I have every right to comment on a thread in which the OP seems to think that is some health benefit to having a vegan diet.

There is no benefit to eating a vegan diet, not in terms of weight loss or in terms of health. You can maintain the same standard of health eating a balanced, omnivorous diet. However, taking an "ethical" stance on food by extension judges what other people are eating as "unethical." If that's not all judgeypant superiorpointscoring I don't know what is. :)
  • _sacar
    _sacar Posts: 80 Member
    ^ To be fair, the topic at hand is some vegan recipes, not our thoughts on veganism. But it's a public forum, so I guess we could derail if we must.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Why does it need to be raw? I can understand why you might want to become vegan for ethical reasons, but as far as I'm aware there are no ethical or health reasons for not heating up your vegetables?
    Some vegetables like carrots are actually better for you cooked because it's easier for our bodies to absorb the nutrients.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited June 2015

Veganism is a means of control over what you put in your body, nothing more, nothing less. It's like any other way of eating. Nothing I said was untrue. If a person believes that it has an impact on "animal exploitation and suffering," then that's all well and good. However, most people who take this position know nothing about animals or farming and buy into the animal rights propaganda. Since I have a vested interest in correcting the misconceptions perpetrated by animal rights propaganda AND because this is an open forum for comments on ways of eating, I feel I have every right to comment on a thread in which the OP seems to think that is some health benefit to having a vegan diet.

There is no benefit to eating a vegan diet, not in terms of weight loss or in terms of health. You can maintain the same standard of health eating a balanced, omnivorous diet. However, taking an "ethical" stance on food by extension judges what other people are eating as "unethical." If that's not all judgeypant superiorpointscoring I don't know what is. :)

So you would consider anyone with a position that an act may be unethical to be acting superior? Honestly, your insistence on demonstrating your paranoia about being judged in every thread about veganism is very derailing.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member

I don't judge people for not being vegan, but I have to say that baseless hostility and unwarranted assumption making don't really tend to make me think highly of a person.

And with that, I will now cease feeding the troll. Perhaps if we all do, his tantrum will eventually blow over.
  • Jille0
    Jille0 Posts: 62 Member
    I was raw vegan for a few years. I was hoping that my pituitary tumor that I had partially removed ( the other part was inoperable) would not grow back. I read a lot regarding the diet and a lot of the health claims about reversing disease. I was very strict in my diet. The tumor grew back. Certain conditions cannot be turned around by diet.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    avocado is also great in a smoothie (in small doses) to help with consistency :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    I think if you try and make it too complicated you will fail. This has to be one of the easiest diets ever because it SHOULDN'T require extensive preparation. That's the joy of eating fruits and veggies.

My advice would be to stick to easy to eat and in season veggies and fruits.

If you want to stick to "raw" you can search some of rawvana or fullyrawkristina's recipes. Bear in mind that THESE are the ones going to burn a hole in your pocket and are usually VERY high calorie.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    shell1005 wrote: »

This is all just a bunch of bunk.

People can make a bunch of different decisions of what they put in their mouth, ethical included. And as the above poster said, just because someone makes an ethically based decision as to what they put on their plate doesn't automatically mean they judge what others put on their plate.

And saying vegans buy into propaganda? That's laughable. I guess in your extensive knowledge of farming there is a way in which animals are turned into meat/meat biproducts and the animal is still left to live and roam. My apologizes. I didn't realize the error of my propaganda filled ways. P.S. I grew up around farms. I have spent more time than the average Joe or Jane on farms.

P.S. Stop derailing this thread. It's against the forum guidelines. This is an open forum, but there are rules. All of us have to live by them. Thanks in advance. Sorry to the OP. Read the good, ignore the bad and misinformed.

I also have to point out that that poster doesn't seem to realize that most ethical vegans dont believe there IS a humane way of exploiting, raping, and murdering an animal.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Oh, I can't believe I forgot to mention this. Check out OKraw.com. John has been raw for 15 years now. He has a ton of videos on YouTube.