A public acknowledgment and thanks for people who helped me succeed at this malarkey

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    edited June 2015
    snikkins wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Oh, someone not around anymore who I haven't seen mentioned and learned a lot from is @neandermagnon.

+1
    +2 Adding @Nony_Mouse. Between those two, I learned plenty about what a Paleo diet is.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    snikkins wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Oh, someone not around anymore who I haven't seen mentioned and learned a lot from is @neandermagnon.

+1

+2
  • ndj1979
    I will also say that @Nony_Mouse is great for debunking the paleo folks and actually explaining what paleo really is.

@mccindy72 is another helpful user
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    I kinda feel like I want to send FRs to everyone included in this thread. Y'all be awesome in book!
  • ndj1979
    mantium999 wrote: »
    I kinda feel like I want to send FRs to everyone included in this thread. Y'all be awesome in book!

I think a good chunk are already on mine..

but you all are free to add me….
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »

no you add them... :p
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    There's another MamaPeach on here? Cool. I need to change my name.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    SezxyStef wrote: »

I'm too chicken. lol

It's like being the normal schmuck surrounded by celebrities. It's intimidating. B)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I was looking for this thread earlier, I am glad it is back so I too can pay homage to those who have helped along the way...

As someone who originally just lurked and learned, many of the people who helped me out have already been named but a couple may not have been or need extra props... some of these people don't venture into the forums anymore so not sure if they will see the props or not.

@GiveMeCoffee
    @JoRocka
    @ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    @Barbell_Jules
    @lemurcat12
    @Phoenix_Down
    @cwolfman13
    @MrM27
    @Hornsby
    @kgeyser
    @diannethegeek
    @isulo_kura

Also @MamaPeach30 @Sarauk2sf @rabbitjb @usmcmp I have been admiring you ladies from afar for quite a while...

And not to exclude the guys: @trogalicious that beard is magnificent and so is your gif... @ndj1979 you never back down from a fight... @tincanonastring I love the Peeps cleanse

I'm just going to quote this because these folks have become some of my MFP heroes. :)

If not for many of you, I might have given up or would at least be spinning my wheels... and maybe hating life because I thought I had to give up pizza and cheese.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Ninkyou wrote: »

I'm too chicken. lol

It's like being the normal schmuck surrounded by celebrities. It's intimidating. B)

That's how I always feel...MrM actually added me a couple weeks ago and it felt SO weird to see that request
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member

I totally meant you - I was just being lazy.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member

Oh man that's my fault! Totally you!
    (Although I'm sure the other mama peach is nice too)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Now you guys have have me feeling bad, I stopped reading FR months ago. :blush:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I was looking for this thread earlier, I am glad it is back so I too can pay homage to those who have helped along the way...

As someone who originally just lurked and learned, many of the people who helped me out have already been named but a couple may not have been or need extra props... some of these people don't venture into the forums anymore so not sure if they will see the props or not.

@GiveMeCoffee
    @JoRocka
    @ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    @Barbell_Jules
    @lemurcat12
    @Phoenix_Down
    @cwolfman13
    @MrM27
    @Hornsby
    @kgeyser
    @diannethegeek
    @isulo_kura

Also @MamaPeach30 @Sarauk2sf @rabbitjb @usmcmp I have been admiring you ladies from afar for quite a while...

And not to exclude the guys: @trogalicious that beard is magnificent and so is your gif... @ndj1979 you never back down from a fight... @tincanonastring I love the Peeps cleanse

wow thank you that's an amazing list to be included with.
    galerie-14-nejdojemnejsich-a-nejkrasnejsich-kocicich-objeti7.jpg

So many helped me I can't list them all but here's a few:
    @LolBroScience
    @ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    @isulo_kura
    @_SammieGirl_
    @CallMeCupcakeDammit
    @randomtai
    @MrM27
    @downsizinghoss
    @usmcmp

If you're on my FL you deserve to be in this list and I thank you for all your love and support
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    I am more of a lurker because I feel like there are so many more people more knowledgable than me (everyone who's been listed on this thread) who can answer questions. I have learned a lot so thank you all for your awesomeness.
  • ndj1979
    funny story …when I first signed into MFP I never ventured into the forums or I would lurk and then I started posting a little and this was still in my dumb days of six small meals or starvation mode, sugar is bad, bla bla ..so I remember posting that someone should eat six small meals a day because starvation mode and I got reemed out so bad lol …

but instead of getting all butthurt it made me start doing my own research and I found out that most of the stuff that I thought was true was bunch of pseudo/bro science….

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    funny story …when I first signed into MFP I never ventured into the forums or I would lurk and then I started posting a little and this was still in my dumb days of six small meals or starvation mode, sugar is bad, bla bla ..so I remember posting that someone should eat six small meals a day because starvation mode and I got reemed out so bad lol …

but instead of getting all butthurt it made me start doing my own research and I found out that most of the stuff that I thought was true was bunch of pseudo/bro science….

Right! I didn't venture in for months, but I lurked and I learned!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator

Just make sure they arent mods. Apparently, being friends with mods is terrible.

Also, one of the most inspirational stories and a person i admire is @CyberEd312
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member

Yep my story too.

My first post was questioning the accuracy of those body fat scales.

Who knew that was the beginning of what would totally reshape my entire outlook on weight loss and even more so my overall health and fitness.
This discussion has been closed.