A public acknowledgment and thanks for people who helped me succeed at this malarkey

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Wow. I can't believe I have been mentioned with the likes of some of these folks. Definitely not worthy.

Most have already been mentioned that have inspired me but I would like to bring up @jonnythan (I think that was his handle). Not sure he is around anymore but he is the guy who single handedly tore me to shreds in the beginning and made me "see the light". Without him, who knows? I may be on the other side of the fence preaching clean eating and sending Lustig Christmas cards. He gets a BIG thanks from me.

Also, how the hell you guys missed him.....I'm not sure and you all should be ashamed but @dieselbyte is the man. Stays on point and the physique to back up his claims.

Besides that, there are too many. From the hot gals that lift more than me to the blunt dudes that always speak the truth and everyone in between. You all know who you are. THANK YOU!
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited June 2015
    Funny that all the mentioned people probably have a "mean people" thread or two floating around about them... LOL
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Have to say @Hornsby I think you rock :D
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Have to say @Hornsby I think you rock :D

It's your world, I'm just living in it. ;)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    mantium999 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    funny story …when I first signed into MFP I never ventured into the forums or I would lurk and then I started posting a little and this was still in my dumb days of six small meals or starvation mode, sugar is bad, bla bla ..so I remember posting that someone should eat six small meals a day because starvation mode and I got reemed out so bad lol …

but instead of getting all butthurt it made me start doing my own research and I found out that most of the stuff that I thought was true was bunch of pseudo/bro science….

Yeah, I remember JoRocka whooped my *kitten* for repeating something stupid a bodybuilder friend once told me. And instead of running with my tail between my legs, I started learning. And the result was a "hardgaining ectomorph" gaining 25 lbs in 2 and a half months. Didn't quite learn properly though, as that was mostly jiggle pounds. So, now I am learning the right way to cut, with the intention of doing another, more educated, bulk in the future. Without the "mean" people, I for sure would still have no idea what I am doing, trying to get knowledge from Mens Health magazine.

awww yay!!! YAY for progress. HA- I'm harmless I swear!!! I swear!

Very happy to see this thread back- also people reading- if you make it this far- the lists of people on here... if you need some friends- this is a good shopping list/wish list if you really need some help or advice.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    snikkins wrote: »
    I started MFP on 1200 calories, eating frozen healthy choice meals for dinner every night! my first post included the phrase " I thought we were here to support people! You guys are soooo mean!" Omg I'm so embarrassed :# but I started lurking the forums and I learned so much. No more nasty healthy choice for me! So I completely agree to the list!

I have noticed that a lot of the "meanies" are here. ;)

This is quite a different thread than one happening in the Motivation and Support forum right now.

For my part, again, you have given me the ability to roll my eyes and judge people who say dumb things IRL by imparting your knowledge. And judging people silently is one of my favorite things to do. :open_mouth:

I remember the first time someone posted I was mean...my response was "finally...yes!!!!!!!!!!"

HA HA HA- I can't remember who it was- but she was like SUPER aggressive about how "mean" I was. She flagged me all the time and called me the most condescending person on the forum.

I was like- daayumn- I've really arrived if you think I'm THAT big of an a## to dominate the forum with my sarcasm and "condescension".
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    I haven't been called mean yet. Or gotten a strike / warning / ban... Am I foruming wrong?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    I haven't been called mean yet. Or gotten a strike / warning / ban... Am I foruming wrong?
    Yes... yes you are. Hell even i had a warning and several complaints against me.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    psulemon wrote: »
    Yes... yes you are. Hell even i had a warning and several complaints against me.

And yet, I somehow made it in here!

Hmmm... how can I stir up enough trouble to get some heat... hmmm

Oh wait, you're a mod... um... *sings songs and throws flowers, happily skipping away*
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member

I've had two warnings, for the same thing. I deserved them and don't regret them.

I have only been called a mean person once and it was a misunderstanding. I'm sure I've been reported multiple times.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator

And yet, I somehow made it in here!

Hmmm... how can I stir up enough trouble to get some heat... hmmm

Oh wait, you're a mod... um... *sings songs and throws flowers, happily skipping away*

Just go into any sugar thread and its almost a guarantee to get a warning.

I got mine for thread hijacking by steven. He laughed at it though when he made me a mod.

And its currently ironic.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I have a lot of appreciation for the people that have been mentioned in this thread. Not only do they take the time to share their knowledge, but they take the time to really help people by doing research to help give the best advice. It's given me the tools that I need to be able to look at my own situation and see where improvements need to be made.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    I looked at my 'criminal record' yesterday. 2 for "Abuse" and 1 for "Spam." Spam? That made me laugh and laugh...
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    I looked at my 'criminal record' yesterday. 2 for "Abuse" and 1 for "Spam." Spam? That made me laugh and laugh...

You need to up your game...
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited June 2015

Ha, ha. I have you beat, I am up to 2 spam and 6 abuse. I even got called a "potty mouth" in a thread because I posted a gif that had a four letter naughty word in it.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »

Ha, ha. I have you beat, I am up to 2 spam and 6 abuse.

I'm at -18 (6 spam, 12 abuse). Astonished that I haven't been flagged in a while.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited June 2015
    earlnabby wrote: »

Ha, ha. I have you beat, I am up to 2 spam and 6 abuse.

1 and 10 9. And that's still considered low around here...
This discussion has been closed.