awareness and focus is coming

Options
Booksarenice
Booksarenice Posts: 70 Member
:drinker: I just started logging my food and exercise yesterday on MFP. I know from past experience that I do best at staying on target if I have a day planned out and I just have to look at what I am suppose to be eating.
Yesterday I was in my classroom just working away when all of a sudden I realized I was shoving mini peanut butter cups in my mouth. I swear- I just wasn't aware I was doing it. I actually dug through the trash and counted how many I'd eaten-5. I sat down and added them right way to my food plan.
It put me over my cal. limit by 35 but that's okay. Today I WILL be more aware of that hand to mouth action. On to day two.
116027.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Replies

• Booksarenice
    Options
    :drinker: I just started logging my food and exercise yesterday on MFP. I know from past experience that I do best at staying on target if I have a day planned out and I just have to look at what I am suppose to be eating.
    Yesterday I was in my classroom just working away when all of a sudden I realized I was shoving mini peanut butter cups in my mouth. I swear- I just wasn't aware I was doing it. I actually dug through the trash and counted how many I'd eaten-5. I sat down and added them right way to my food plan.
    It put me over my cal. limit by 35 but that's okay. Today I WILL be more aware of that hand to mouth action. On to day two.
    116027.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

You are on the right track. Congrats for logging those peanut butter cups and trolling the trash for the exact amount - that took a great deal of willpower - you will excel at this..

Just keep tracking. The more you get used to tracking, the easier it is to plan ahead and make sure there are no demon foods around you during the day - and even if they are, you can plan for them.

Good luck on the journey - keep in touch. jb
  • Booksarenice
    Options
    :glasses: I love these little faces! Thanks for the encouragement. When I go back to school on Friday -top of my to do list is to scour the classroom for candy and get rid of it. I use candy for incentives- or rather I did! No more. Think I'll hand out stickers instead. If its not accesssible in the room I won't eat it. Oh but about 1:30 every day that chocolate does serve as a well needed stress soother! Gotta find a better way- maybe hike the egdes of the classroom while my kiddos are out.