WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2015

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :flowerforyou:
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Annr wrote: »
    Forgive me for I have sinned. (saw that earlier and its fitting)
    It's my birthday, so I had my sandwich from yesterday I never ate, (because I ate the KFC chicken instead). I ate the sandwich for breakfast. My husband looked at me and said...weird. I purposefully talked with my

Happy Birthday! Best wishes for a wonderful year ahead! :)<3

Cheri
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Got to spend a couple hours with Violet today.I sure miss my days with her,since her dad lost his job.We played Operation and another game.Then they took me to the dr.Was in and out in 5 min.As long as the sciatica is getting better,not mri or anything.Did say I have arthritis in the back as I know.So Violet and I made a date for wed.
    Hugs to all
    jane
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Good evening beautiful ladies :flowerforyou:

Carol NC :) I hope your shoulder feels better soon! I knocked my shoulder out in high school playing tennis and it gives me fits every once in awhile, a heating pad is one of my best friends!

Terri :) I'm sorry I laughed at "painfully balanced" ...I hope you feel better soon!!! Does a heating pad help RA? Congrats on getting past the dreaded plateau!!! I'm doing a happy dance for you :bigsmile:!

Lisa :) Wow! I would say you had a busy day!

Yanniejannie :) Your outfit sounds very sassy!!! I was like you too, always skinny, until they put me on Paxil after hubby died....I call that the evil pill :mad:!

Becca :) Happy birthday :flowerforyou:!!! Wishing many more years of health and happiness!!!

Like so many of you, I can't seem to keep up either :'( . There were over 90 posts when I checked in. I did read all the posts, just have no time to sit and reply. Wishing everyone the best <3

Hugs,
    DeeDee in steamy NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    .smiley-happy026.gif.@KateKyi thank you for the stew recipe....I added to my files so when I'm ready to cook I can refer to it...you are welcome to my word...it's working for me and I hope it will be useful to you...having a schedule for my day helps me finish the important things and keep my meals on track.

.smiley-happy026.gif.Carol/Peach.congrats on your exercise...the longest journey starts with a single step

.smiley-happy026.gif.One of the blessings of my years with MFP has been that the more I refine my eating plan to include only foods that nourish me, the less able I am to go off the path and pig out on stuff that's not good for me. I may eat too many cashews or too large a portion of something, but my detours are very close to the main road.

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

smiley-bounce015.gif Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    .smiley-happy026.gif.One of the blessings of my years with MFP has been that the more I refine my eating plan to include only foods that nourish me, the less able I am to go off the path and pig out on stuff that's not good for me. I may eat too many cashews or too large a portion of something, but my detours are very close to the main road.

I love the way you have worded this phenomenon. I find that the "better" I eat the more my eating forays slightly outside of this don't stray too far. I believe in my 100 days of logging that I am over my sugar addiction and for the most part my carb addiction. Sometimes fruit almost tastes "too sweet"! I haven't binged in all this time, which was a frequent eating activity for me to engage in. A serving size is enough now as in the past 1 serving led to another and then the whole box/bag/sleeve was gone. I hope and pray this continues. I believe it will! Thanks in helping me see this about myself and acknowledging my progress towards "good" eating habits.

Cheri :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    Annr wrote: »
    Pip!!! Hey girl quit marking your spot and just give us words of healthy wisdom!! You are our mascot of healthy hot momma, so you can't just spell P-I-P on the ground here... hahaha....

hahahaha lmao!!!! annr -
    my words of healthy wisdom for today? don't depend on the weight scale so much!! there !

stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym - 12.01min,14.6amph, 2.9mi = 99c
    spin- 33min, 84ar, 110aw, 11-16g, 13.6ni = 285c
    ride gym 2 wk - 52.59min, 12.8amph, 11.2mi = 425c
    ride dome 2 hm - 16.26min, 10.3amph, 2.6mi = 180c
    total cal 989
  • pipcd34
    HAAAPPPYYYYY BDAYYYYYYYY ANNR!!!!!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    Carolpeach-Great and NSV! Keep it up!

Renny-those grandkids sure take it all out of you don't they!

Janetr- I go to the hotel pool and swim. My DSIL and a friend go and we're all business! Good workout.

Becca- happy birthday! Have a great day celebrating!

Jane - I love operation! That was a fun game when I was a kid. Glad you had fun with Violet.

Barbie- good advice on eating!

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited June 2015
    @Annr - Happy Birthday!!! "I will have spaghetti flavored AIR and breathe deeply" so...what happened?

Becca - Happy Birthday too!! I have a birthday on the 30th. Here's to a great birthday month!

@cityjaneLondon - Heather, I admire your discipline for writing. I sometimes wish to become a writer. Once I retire, I will check how to proceed with that wish.

Mary from Minnesota, grandkids do take a lot out of me, but also give me energy and such sense of happiness and gratefulness. I got to spend a day with my DD and her little boys today. "Ring-around-the -rosie, Klap is in je Handjes, blij blij blij (that's Dutch)". And DD was able to get a nap in. I can do this because I am currently on vacation. Loving the weather and love summer anyways B) .

Barbie I find your advice on eating so valuable.

Casey - congrats on the year free of smoking. Admirable.

Anyone else getting email from (supposedly) Paypal? It's a scam that you've spent money buying Facebook's Farmville. Don't go for it >:)

Renny
    Warm and sunny Vancouver Island, BC
  • jac_m_56
    jac_m_56 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Janice. I have been on the site off and since January. I want to loose weight, learn to love myself, get and stay healthy, and to feel good all the time. So far my weight loss is just over 9 pounds. I walk everyday, and try to get in my 10000 steps. Other than that, what I am lacking is motivation, and need to figure out what to do when you are having 'one of those days', the kind that makes you eat everything in site and still not be satisfied.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Mary In MN I requested my DH to put a pool in the back yard. I have a feeling I'll be avoiding the crowd for a long time.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Happy Birthday Becca B)B)
    Chris in MA
  • Charm4u76132
    Charm4u76132 Posts: 94 Member
    Happy Birthday and Welcome Newbies! :D
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Heather, who knew? I’d have never guessed that you were not always this motivated, self-sufficient writer that we see here today. Good for you, even if you took a while to get there. (((Hugs)))

Carey, a big CONGRATS on the not smoking. I quit for 12 years about 20 years ago and I swear it was easier at that time than this time. I guess I was working and staying busier? I just want to eat something constantly. Way to go!!!smoke.gifNO MORE

Sylvia, you are absolutely right that breathing the mold is not good for you. I hope you don’t put off the repairs too long.

Poop, you have to stop peeing on the thread. Plus, leg lifting is for boys—girls squat!

Katia, I can’t believe your neighbor said something about your wrinkly skin! How old is she? Great that you can now let it not bother you. I’d have probably had so say something smart like, “thanks for noticing”. So glad you aren’t buying cartons of ice cream and having “piggy parties” all by yourself. 

Sylvia, I love the page you shared with us!!!!!

Elizabeth, just know it happens to the best of us. The funny thing is that sometimes it doesn’t affect the scales. That feeling stuffed an bloated is to remind us why we don’t want to do it again. eatarrow.gif Talk about a piggy party. Lol

Lori, what a beautiful park. Do you do any exercising there? Well, in the summer, I mean; unless making snow angles counts?

Penny, even if you don’t get your jogging in, it’s not like you have been sitting on your *kitten* all day. Beautiful mountain.

Jules, yay is right for your A. Yay for your A. Oh shoot, I can’t carry a tune in a bucket. You get the idea. I’m proud of you.

Mary, LOL that you don’t want to come out of the closet.

Heather, OMG, I had no idea. I’m one of those huggy people and was planning on giving you a big hug if we got to meet. hug.gif It will be so natural for me, so you’ll just need to put your hand out flat in my face, like a stop sign. I don’t want to hug you then have you say “yuck” in that cute British accent.

Barbie, and we thank you for the same plus keeping this going all this time. ((((Hugs))))

Carol, I hate that your shoulder is giving you so much pain. Sometimes the MRIs and CAT scans can be so very painful because of a position they need you to hold. Please feel better fast! (((Hugs)))

Terri, I hope that RA flare burns out quickly. I’m so excited for you approaching onederland. It is so very wonderful to get there. I actually keep forgetting that my weight starts with a 1 and not a 2. Lol We’re all pulling for you. I’m with you on the hanging lumps of yuck. I’m so excited that mine aren’t still full of fat, but really?? Ya gotta laugh, right? At least under clothes, it all looks better.

Ydaily, love your walking buddy. Thanks for sharing.

Chris, ok, what is the occasion for all of this gluttonous eating? And why weren’t we all invited? Girl, you get back on track and stop bragging about all that fun.

Yannie, I’ll bet you looked stunning in your sundress and hat! I lived in Milwaukee in the 70’s and every time I stuck my toe in Lake Michigan it was COLD! You must be a lot younger than me, cause I wouldn’t have gotten in it with a wet suit on. LOL

Carol, good for you on going “you tube”. The fact that you tried it is what counts. We all have to start at the beginning. Good for you.

Janetr, I keep seeing all the floods on the National Weather. Stay safe.

Becca, I for one like the light padding in the bras. Why? Well if I don’t have it, and wear a silky type fabric or a tee shirt fabric, one can see my nips. It might have been sexy when I was young, but not so much at my age. LOL Good for you on turning down leader at TOPS. It is not always easy to do but I figure we deserve to put ourselves first for a change and let some others take the helm. I don’t know about you but I have been a leader most of my life so I’m making myself say no for a while. Happy Birthday, girl!!! Hope you celebrate big time but low calorie.

Barbie, I like that one: “My detours are very close to the main road”.

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I did take a picture with my phone at the beach yesterday, but can’t get it to post. Next time I’ll take my camera and see if I have better luck posting. I had a meeting tonight and luckily they didn’t serve food. It was really hot today so I stayed inside and was rather lazy. I’m eating good lately but moving the scale ever so slowly. I told a friend tonight that I’m sticking with it if I only lose a pound a month. Thank you all for sharing and caring. I wish you all to have your dreams come true and be as healthy as possible.

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Love, <3
    Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    Damnit- I like to lift my leg, I'm a rebel[/b]
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    csofled wrote: »
    barbiecat wrote: »

I love the way you have worded this phenomenon. I find that the "better" I eat the more my eating forays slightly outside of this don't stray too far. I believe in my 100 days of logging that I am over my sugar addiction and for the most part my carb addiction. Sometimes fruit almost tastes "too sweet"! I haven't binged in all this time, which was a frequent eating activity for me to engage in. A serving size is enough now as in the past 1 serving led to another and then the whole box/bag/sleeve was gone. I hope and pray this continues. I believe it will! Thanks in helping me see this about myself and acknowledging my progress towards "good" eating habits.

Cheri :)

I joined MFP and this thread at age 62 after decades of failure to find a satisfactory eating plan and stick to it.....I had no idea that it would work this time. Tracking my food was the big eye opener that helped me change the most destructive of my eating habits and reading wise words from other women helped me find a path that worked......and, of course, never never, never give up.

smiley-happy110.gifBarbie
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Becca:

bday.gif

Carey-Edmonton
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    DJ - I love reading your responses to everyone, because you are so witty, caring and motivational! Thanks for being you!

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Damit Janet - My grandson is south of Houston right on the gulf coast. I'm praying tropical storm Jim doesn't cause too much damage for them.

Pip , yah for rebels :)

I'm getting back to where I feel totally full and satisfied when I'm done with a meal. I know making sure to drink all my water and eat good portions is making a difference.

I have 5 olders sisters, two of them have been very negative about my weight loss surgery and subsequent weight loss. I haven't decided if its just because misery loves company or if it makes them feel guilty cuz they know they should do some thing about their weight also. They have also voiced the opinion that everyone they know who had WLS gained it all back. Sisters, I TRULY thank you for my motivation. Ha!