A List of Calorie Dense Foods

Replies

• megmoore1991
    megmoore1991 Posts: 5 Member
    This is a good post to have! I think that a lot of these are good to use as a replacements or subs to a lot of the higher caloric things like a 6 cheese homemade mac and cheese bake.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    congrats on getting labels as "announcement" @diannethegeek !

Great list of foods :)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited June 2015
    XOXOMiriam wrote: »
    This isn't a food but Green Tea speeds up metabolism and it only has 1-2 calories per bag! It's my new fave drink! leo switch out regular milk for almond milk!
    Green Tea does *not* speed up metabolism.

Not sure why you posted this, as it's completely off-topic.

Thanks for a great list, OP! <3

• lovelylkg
    lovelylkg Posts: 5 Member
    This i know will help me and my mom alot thank u ! :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    kjdaniel06 wrote: »
    I'm new to the weight loss thing. So just know that I'm not saying anything to try to be rude or offensive. And I also don't have much time to read all of the comments to figure this out lol. But why do you want to have more calories? I thought you were supposed to intake less calories and exercise to burn them off?
    Also, some people make such drastic changes to their diet in order to cut calories, that they have hard time reaching their calorie goal for the day. It's surprisingly common, actually. So, it's easy to make up the difference with a tablespoon of peanut butter, or putting butter on their vegetables, etc.

• StellaMA20
    StellaMA20 Posts: 31 Member
    I'm a big fan of figs, dates, feta, olives - everything spread on a cracker tastes fabulous....sometimes raisins...
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    I appreciate the nutrient dense list. some days I am always hungry and this will help me stay full longer and less likely to graze
  • mbaker566
    I appreciate the nutrient dense list. some days I am always hungry and this will help me stay full longer and less likely to graze
  • cassie5j
    cassie5j Posts: 4 Member
    Oh I am so happy for this list because this is actually my problem. I have been struggling with this for a week. Thanks so much.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    moyer566 wrote: »

I think this list was meant as the complete oposit for people who are trying to gain weight and need extra calories without feeling full.

Op, thanks for this list!
  • mbaker566
    AsISmile wrote: »
    moyer566 wrote: »

I think this list was meant as the complete oposit for people who are trying to gain weight and need extra calories without feeling full.

Op, thanks for this list!

doesn't matter, nutrient dense foods will still keep you full longer in general.-there are always exceptions
  • Charlene_27
    Charlene_27 Posts: 1 Member
    Thank you for taking the time to do this! It's really helpful!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Bumping this thread and trying to add some fresh ideas to it. I hope that others will add any ideas they have.
    • whole wheat toast with peanut butter, sliced bananas, and maybe some chocolate or honey drizzled over it
    • baked sweet potato with black beans, cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole etc.
    • pita bread drizzled with olive oil and hummus on the side for dipping
    • unsalted popcorn drizzled with dark chocolate peanut butter
    • tortillas rolled up with lunch meat, cream cheese, regular cheese, or your favorite toppings
    • Greek yogurt (go for the higher cal. versions) with chocolate chips, granola, nuts, fruit, and maybe some whipped cream on top
    • milkshakes
    • bagel with cream cheese and lox, or peanut butter and fruit, or an egg and bacon, or whatever your favorite toppings are
    • pancakes or waffles (replace the syrup with Greek yogurt, honey, or fruit if you're worried about it)
    • chicken salad or egg salad sandwiches

If you're really struggling to eat enough, look for weight gain recipes online. Don't worry about the label if you're trying to lose. These are just recipes with higher calorie counts and usually a high amount of protein. They won't make you gain weight unless you go over the calories you'd need for maintenance. Adding some of them in your weekly routine can help give you that calorie boost you need.