Pork tenderloin, a good alternative to chicken?

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Good g-d I responded to this thread on like the 2nd page and then kept reading.
    Now I wish I had never responded in here. I....need to bash my head against the wall now.

I can't even blame a previous response. But I have no idea why I came back here. I feel the same way but it messes up my tinfoil hat when I do and I just got it right.
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Yeah. I bet there would be no money to be made with a cure for cancer.

And a vaccination against the polio virus is super comparable to curing the myriad types and causes of cancer. I guess, in your world, there's some sinister reason for the lack of a bulletproof cure for the common cold because, hey, polio vaccine.

Read the income and expense statements of nonprofits. Horrendous.

So, you complain because a charity isn't giving free glasses, complain because a non-profit organisation with no "big pharma" backing hasn't found a cure yet, complain about the running costs of said non-profit charities who you expect to come up with a cure which won't be exploited by big pharma/gov for mega cash. You also complain that cures haven't been found for the gazillion types of cancer with a gazillion causes because "the govt figured out polio quick enough" - even though polio is a straight forward virus.

Does that about sum up your views?
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Don't shoot me down for this... But there is a theory that the government does not want to cure cancer, they make millions from the medications people have to be on to keep them alive. Not to mention the astronomical amount of people who die everyday from cancer related illnesses keeps the population to a more manageable level..

I'm not saying this is true or not, it does seem pretty far out. It was just a heated discussion in the office the other week.

I have a feeling that the British government, the Canadian government, and pretty much any other government that funds their population's healthcare would probably respectfully disagree with that statement.

As for population control, I'm all for it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Don't shoot me down for this... But there is a theory that the government does not want to cure cancer, they make millions from the medications people have to be on to keep them alive. Not to mention the astronomical amount of people who die everyday from cancer related illnesses keeps the population to a more manageable level..

I'm not saying this is true or not, it does seem pretty far out. It was just a heated discussion in the office the other week.

YrKkAB7.jpg
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    DavPul wrote: »

YrKkAB7.jpg

LOL I told y'all not to shoot me down for it :tongue:

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member

It sounds sadistic, but it really does seem with all the millions of dollars that people contribute, that surely a cure could have been found for the diseases that are killing us now. When polio affected thousands of people, a cure was nearly immediately found and not by a nonprofit agency collecting donations.

mWpqCW1.jpg?2
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member

YrKkAB7.jpg

+1
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member

And a vaccination against the polio virus is super comparable to curing the myriad types and causes of cancer. I guess, in your world, there's some sinister reason for the lack of a bulletproof cure for the common cold because, hey, polio vaccine.

So, you complain because a charity isn't giving free glasses, complain because a non-profit organisation with no "big pharma" backing hasn't found a cure yet, complain about the running costs of said non-profit charities who you expect to come up with a cure which won't be exploited by big pharma/gov for mega cash. You also complain that cures haven't been found for the gazillion types of cancer with a gazillion causes because "the govt figured out polio quick enough" - even though polio is a straight forward virus.

I haven't complained about anything; just stated the facts.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member

I have a feeling that the British government, the Canadian government, and pretty much any other government that funds their population's healthcare would probably respectfully disagree with that statement.

As for population control, I'm all for it.

Oh, good, isn't Planned Parenthood nonprofit?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member

I haven't complained about anything; just stated the facts.

15499_eraserhead-black-and-white-animation-animated-gif-david-lynch.gif
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member

They also manufacture AIDS to keep the gays and Africans from rising up and conquering the world dontcha know?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member

They also manufacture AIDS to keep the gays and Africans from rising up and conquering the world dontcha know?

Yowsas that's the first time I've heard that one!

• myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Ooh look, flags!

Raise your flag (higher and higher!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P5xSntVWQE
  • Fitmum84
    Fitmum84 Posts: 6 Member
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Mellouk89 wrote: »
    So I live in Canada and chicken is very expensive while pork is significantly less expensive. I'm just wondering if it's safe to eat pork everyday?

I hear you should only eat red meat twice a week, but in the context of a mostly plant-based diet is it safe?

You hear what now?

yep, that's what is recommended here too

Red meat as often as possible

haha no. Red meat no more than twice a week :disappointed:

no

I'm not saying I agree with it. It is just the latest "recommendation " from the nutritional powers that be.

Don't they have a min/max amount for red meat in America?

I don't care if they do. You know what I mean? Who do you have in game two of State of Origin?

Indeed :wink:

Which team is indeed?

I was agreeing with your first sentence. State of origin... No idea. I don't follow it, it's played across the border.
    what is it you're trying to say?

Thought you were Australian.

That I am. I'm in south Australia. They play Rugby in New South Wales/Sydney and Victoria/Melbourne. We don't have any horses in that race.

You would think that a country that small that you would all be on the same page.

Wow, this thread escalated quickly!! Just to lighten things up a bit, I am Australian and State of Origin is starting right now. Queensland versus New South Wales and they are playing at the Melbourne stadium...I am kind of surprised that another fellow Aussie didn't know which states actually competed in State of Origin!! Always been Queensland versus NSW...I live in Queensland and most people I know make a pretty big deal about it, my hubby's workplace allows them to wear their team's jersey's, hats etc on Origin days. I guess it wouldn't really interested the other states though.

Anyhow, back to the original topic at hand...I haven't had pork for ages (bacon is a regular though) but after reading this I might add it into our rotation of foods so we don't have so much chicken. I always overcook it though, sigh.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member

YrKkAB7.jpg

+ million

you can't say "Don't shoot me down for this" then post the most asinine comment ever written

what on earth are you thinking?
  • Sued0nim
    54800494.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    I'd love to know who that guy is by the way ...