Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    @CountessKitteh - I'd say use the supervisor at current job. Ask first, and I'm sure she knows to be discreet.

I worked at the same company for 10 years before I made the last move. I had to use colleagues from that company. I searched for a while, and my references were contacted more than once. It didn't come out until the last interview before the offer for the position I accepted. That was only because the interviewer knew a senior level VP at my company and asked him about me (without my permission).

@crosbylee - If you find the secret to launching him, let me know. I fear my 20 year old son will never leave. He lost his job, and he doesn't seem in a big hurry to find another one. I actually co-signed a car loan for him while he was working, thinking that would help his motivation. He has several months of payments saved up, I should have made him start paying rent while he was working. Ugh.

I'd have been absolutely pissed if someone did that. What if you didn't accept their offer (I'd hope they were definitely planning on making one if they did that)? That's obnoxious.

I *think* I am going to see how the interviews (yes, plural - one dept, one HR) go on Friday and call her on my way home if I think it went well enough that there will be a second round interview/reference calling. If it goes terribly, no harm done.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    peleroja wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I wish TJMAXX would hurry up & open their store that's closer to me.
    Fun fact: here it's called TK MAXX (not really that fun a fact...) They also don't seem to have as much good stuff. In America they seem to have proper cut price designer items, here it seems to be cheaper, but I think a lot of the stuff are labels I've never heard of they have made for them.
    I always wondered about that. In Canada it's called Winners. I rarely have the patience to shop there - I find it a bit of a jumble/rummage sale.

Thank you for saying that. I always thought I was the only one that didn’t like shopping there because it looks like a mess. It’s hard to find what you want.
    I dislike Winners too. It's okay when it's very clean and organized, but that's so rare. It also often smells weird, but the thing that I always hate about it is that you have to flip through every single item on the rack in your size to find anything. I also have a lot of trouble finding anything in my size there because I'm fairly small and for some reason they never have anything below a 4 in the women's section. Juniors is sometimes a little better, but nothing there is appropriate for my office. It's just really weird that they carry so few small women's sizes.

Yes, I'm not the only one who's noticed this! Every one I've been in stinks! Literally and figuratively.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/
  • Jonas1058
    Jonas1058 Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2015
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Did anyone else find one of the recent confessions super creepy? Not quoting it because no judgement, but I confess I am totally judging that!

I think I know which one you're talking about....agreed.

I must be clueless because I have NO IDEA which one it is lol

I wouldn't worry about it most don't - it's just one of those group dynamic things we always see on FB. Someone always has to be put down for someone else to feel better. The fact that you don't get it is probably a good thing, gossip brings out the cowards.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/
    I love raisins in rice (and maybe with a bit of cinnamon). So delicious :smiley: Then again I think you'd be hard-pressed to find something I don't like. I do prefer grapes to their dehydrated format, though :tongue:
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    @CountessKitteh - I'd say use the supervisor at current job. Ask first, and I'm sure she knows to be discreet.

I worked at the same company for 10 years before I made the last move. I had to use colleagues from that company. I searched for a while, and my references were contacted more than once. It didn't come out until the last interview before the offer for the position I accepted. That was only because the interviewer knew a senior level VP at my company and asked him about me (without my permission).

@crosbylee - If you find the secret to launching him, let me know. I fear my 20 year old son will never leave. He lost his job, and he doesn't seem in a big hurry to find another one. I actually co-signed a car loan for him while he was working, thinking that would help his motivation. He has several months of payments saved up, I should have made him start paying rent while he was working. Ugh.

I'd have been absolutely pissed if someone did that. What if you didn't accept their offer (I'd hope they were definitely planning on making one if they did that)? That's obnoxious.

I *think* I am going to see how the interviews (yes, plural - one dept, one HR) go on Friday and call her on my way home if I think it went well enough that there will be a second round interview/reference calling. If it goes terribly, no harm done.

Well, of course it's gonna go well. ;)
    Oh, I was pissed. The guy that spilled the beans was a consultant that they had hired to ask me engineering-specific questions. I was the only engineer at the new place. I didn't find out about it until after I accepted and went to tell my old boss.
  • Susieq_1994
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

I love raisins in rice (and maybe with a bit of cinnamon). So delicious :smiley: Then again I think you'd be hard-pressed to find something I don't like. I do prefer grapes to their dehydrated format, though :tongue:

Cinnamon in savory rice? O.O That's even worse! No judgement from me, of course, but you have some weird tastes... :p
  • ShibaEars
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Okay i am now back on page 908...almost back to where I left off on Thursday and encountering myself. Looks like my next post is my 1000 so I was going to post something but then chickened out. So will post this 'would you tell someone they look terrible' confession.

When I go to the gym I never wear underwear. A LONG time ago I basically totally exposed myself to a trainer wearing looser shorts when he was holding my ankles and I was doing sit ups. I know he saw EVERYTHING. But we just pretended nothing was going on (both too embarrassed I think...and its funny that Bare A**ed is part of that word) so to this day, when I go to a dressing room and try on looser shorts that don't have a built in panty I do the 'stress test'... basically stand with my butt to the mirror and contort myself in every way possible. As long as nothing gets exposed, I buy them. :)

My friend and I now have a standing joke whenever I buy something new...did it pass the stress test?

I do this with workout pants, to make sure they aren't too sheer, and jeans - gotta make sure I don't have "plumber's butt" lol
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Jonas1058 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Did anyone else find one of the recent confessions super creepy? Not quoting it because no judgement, but I confess I am totally judging that!

I think I know which one you're talking about....agreed.

I must be clueless because I have NO IDEA which one it is lol

I wouldn't worry about it most don't - it's just one of those group dynamic things we always see on FB. Someone always has to be put down for someone else to feel better. The fact that you don't get it is probably a good thing.

Disagree. I think every person who read that confession found it creepy. And quite illegal if the person who posted it acted on it.
  • ShibaEars
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Oh man.... I just watched this video about ten times :lol: One of the most perfect things ever...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE8PTMSFMUg

This totally made me laugh!

That is amazing! I'm going to have to watch it again later when I can have the volume up louder
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

Cinnamon in savory rice? O.O That's even worse! No judgement from me, of course, but you have some weird tastes... :p

Well, actually I guess it's more of a rice dessert :lol: Sometimes I'll add milk in there too, or cook it with coconut milk. My boyfriend thinks I'm weird though... the cherry on top for him was when I mixed orange juice with milk and vanilla and drank that repeatedly over a couple of weeks (strong craving). So good, like a creamsicle drink!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

Well, actually I guess it's more of a rice dessert :lol: Sometimes I'll add milk in there too, or cook it with coconut milk. My boyfriend thinks I'm weird though... the cherry on top for him was when I mixed orange juice with milk and vanilla and drank that repeatedly over a couple of weeks (strong craving). So good, like a creamsicle drink!

My mom makes this. Sorry but yuck lol
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

Is your accent more Downton Abbey or Dick Van *kitten* Cockney?
    Edit: That's hilarious, it censored Dick Van D y k e!!

Um, I'm not sure. I don't say governor, or tally ho ole chap (this reminds me of a friends episode where Ross is teaching a class and starts speaking with a TERRIBLE British accent).

It's more like Kate Winslet or Kate Beckensale. So what would that be?

LOVE LOVE that episode! Haha
  • Susieq_1994
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

My mom loves BOTH of those. Rice pudding, she calls it, and the orange milk stuff too! I think she's weird, too... :p My sister loves them as well. Maybe I'm the weird one...

When I said traditional rice, I meant savory food; it's usually cooked with spices like cumin and bay leaves, and it often also has fried onions and nuts on top. And then there are those evil little raisins mixed in, pretending to be nuts. I don't actually like any of the toppings, although the nuts are okay. :p The best part is always the meat! Mmmm, meat. I miss my aunt's cooking. :o
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Are we watching cricket and eating cake?

I don't care what we're doing as long as there are real English people there who I can listen to speak :)
    My husband has a fairly 'posh' English accent (his mother - RIP - sounded like the Queen) and he has no idea that women swoon when he talks to them.

You are one lucky lady!!
    Well, to me he just sounds like any other Englishman, so...

Haha I know..I'm just jealous! But hopefully I'll get to be with my Englishman full time in the next year :)
    I hope you do to! What is your plan?

Well as of right now I'm heading over there in August and we'll see where we're at after that! There's talk of me going there or him here in the next year but nothing concrete yet.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    xsklhtu9rjtq.jpg

My son after his first day of work. Worn out and so cute!

How cute!!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Embarrassing Confession: A few months ago, I found out about a website called BeautifulPeople.com through another forum. They were laughing about how ridiculous it was, and I thought it was pretty shallow a concept. However, everyone jumped in and tried to get approved. You upload a picture and if the members deem you ''beautiful enough,'' you get to become a member. Ratings are ''ABSOLUTELY NOT!'' ''No.'' ''Hmmm ok'' and ''Beautiful!'' I uploaded a picture of me (plus a false name) out of curiosity, and to my overwhelming surprise I got in! You have to pay to use their site, so I wasn't going to do that (not that I had any plans of using the site anyway :/). I feel a little embarrassed at having done that though.

(Also, yay, I haven't been flagged!)

EDIT: I have actually used it a few times, because as a member I can vote for people to get approved. I can't do anything for the women, but I always vote ''Beautiful'' on every man I see. I know how hurtful it feels to get those ''absolutely nots,'' and I want them to have at least one beautiful, because I'm one of those dopey people who think everyone has a beauty to them.

That's because you're the ONLY one that feels that way! I know the rest of us see your beauty. No need to be embarrassed if it helped with your self-esteem. You deserve it!

And, it's NOT dopey to see beauty in everyone. That is a priceless quality to have.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    All these TV confessions are making me fess up: My wife & I love Big Brother.

We love to hate the hateable ones, root for the underdogs, love the cheesy challenges & also love it when they are clueless that they are broadcast 24/7 and just spout the most ignorant crap. Young fools thinking they know everything & getting a harsh dose of reality once they leave the house. So crunchy.

We call it our "Vapid Summer Fluff" ... ha ha

I LOVE Big Brother and I'm so excited that it's starting again!!! :)

Interesting that there is a pro poker player in the house this year (Vanessa Rousso.)

She's a good pro (big poker fan here) & has awesome people reading skills...but if she gets recognized (a distinct possibility) then she's probably toast.

I haven't had a chance to check out the HG's yet! I plan to do so in a little bit!
  • BZAH10
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

That's called "sweet rice" or "rice pudding" around here and it is quite common.
  • BZAH10
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    xsklhtu9rjtq.jpg

My son after his first day of work. Worn out and so cute!

How cute!!

Adorable! @quiksylver296 did your son go back to work today?