Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    About Big Brother. I've been watching it the past few years. Every year, I say I'm not going to watch it because it's so silly. Then, summer comes and there is absolutely nothing else on TV and I get sucked into it anyway.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Sending happy thoughts to @orangesmartie. I hope things go well with your mom and boyfriend and I hope pill taking gets easier somehow. Don't worry about the mountain - look at your profile picture - you're on your way!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:
    Is your accent more Downton Abbey or Dick Van *kitten* Cockney?
    Edit: That's hilarious, it censored Dick Van D y k e!!

Um, I'm not sure. I don't say governor, or tally ho ole chap (this reminds me of a friends episode where Ross is teaching a class and starts speaking with a TERRIBLE British accent).

It's more like Kate Winslet or Kate Beckensale. So what would that be?

LOVE LOVE that episode! Haha

I liked it when Monica went WAY overboard with her Scottish accent or when Rachel attempted the Indian one.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    I did it. I messaged my stepdaughter. This is what I said.

"You need to message your dad. He needs to talk to you, but you haven't returned his text message. Also, Sunday is Father's Day and I didn't know if you were planning on being around."

It was probably not the nicest message, but it's a lot nicer than what I wanted to say which is this.

Come pick up your cat from hell, give me my key, get your stuff, and get out. You obviously don't want to be a part of our lives and I'm not going to be your storage unit and cat's caretaker anymore. Your dad has tried really hard to make sure you feel a part of our family, we all have, and you've done nothing but take advantage of that and I've had enough. Oh, and I expect you to have a check for $400 for your tags to your dad by Monday.

Every time I think about her and what's been going on, I get so angry and want to cry (that's probably more PMS) and I just hoped when she came into our lives, things would be so different. I'm sad now. :'(

Good for you for sending the message! I have to admit though, I do like your would-be message more! :)
    Good luck, and as always, keep us posted!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited June 2015
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Embarrassing Confession: A few months ago, I found out about a website called BeautifulPeople.com through another forum. They were laughing about how ridiculous it was, and I thought it was pretty shallow a concept. However, everyone jumped in and tried to get approved. You upload a picture and if the members deem you ''beautiful enough,'' you get to become a member. Ratings are ''ABSOLUTELY NOT!'' ''No.'' ''Hmmm ok'' and ''Beautiful!'' I uploaded a picture of me (plus a false name) out of curiosity, and to my overwhelming surprise I got in! You have to pay to use their site, so I wasn't going to do that (not that I had any plans of using the site anyway :/). I feel a little embarrassed at having done that though.

(Also, yay, I haven't been flagged!)

EDIT: I have actually used it a few times, because as a member I can vote for people to get approved. I can't do anything for the women, but I always vote ''Beautiful'' on every man I see. I know how hurtful it feels to get those ''absolutely nots,'' and I want them to have at least one beautiful, because I'm one of those dopey people who think everyone has a beauty to them.

That's because you're the ONLY one that feels that way! I know the rest of us see your beauty. No need to be embarrassed if it helped with your self-esteem. You deserve it!

And, it's NOT dopey to see beauty in everyone. That is a priceless quality to have.

True! You're so CUTE! And you remind me of my sister-in-law, actually. She's 18, and she's adorable.

Edited to add... I think that might have sounded creepy. Sorry. O.O
  • Jonas1058
    Jonas1058 Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2015
    Jonas1058 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Did anyone else find one of the recent confessions super creepy? Not quoting it because no judgement, but I confess I am totally judging that!

I think I know which one you're talking about....agreed.

I must be clueless because I have NO IDEA which one it is lol

I wouldn't worry about it most don't - it's just one of those group dynamic things we always see on FB. Someone always has to be put down for someone else to feel better. The fact that you don't get it is probably a good thing.

Disagree. I think every person who read that confession found it creepy. And quite illegal if the person who posted it acted on it.

Whatever it was - if it was illegal then you should report it to the mods on this forum or take it upon yourself to report it to the police. Gossiping about it or labelling it 'creepy' just makes people paranoid and encourages nothing but hatred. In any case no one knows who or what someone else may or may not have done from an online post, we only like to think we do.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/
    I love raisins in rice (and maybe with a bit of cinnamon). So delicious :smiley: Then again I think you'd be hard-pressed to find something I don't like. I do prefer grapes to their dehydrated format, though :tongue:

Cinnamon in savory rice? O.O That's even worse! No judgement from me, of course, but you have some weird tastes... :p

Well, actually I guess it's more of a rice dessert :lol: Sometimes I'll add milk in there too, or cook it with coconut milk. My boyfriend thinks I'm weird though... the cherry on top for him was when I mixed orange juice with milk and vanilla and drank that repeatedly over a couple of weeks (strong craving). So good, like a creamsicle drink!

Rice pudding, right? It's sweet, creamy and has raisins and cinnamon.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    I was looking earlier and it seems as if the modern gift for the 15th anniversary is a watch. The traditional is crystal, but I really can't think of anything crystal my husband would like. I think I'm going to get him a watch but I'm not sure how to sneak it to Florida with us without him know what it is. Do they allow wrapped items in a suitcase or carryon? I would hate for it to get lost of broken on the way there, so I would feel safer if it were in my carryon or in my backpack. Any suggestions on nice but not Rolex-priced time pieces? I was thinking Bulova or Citizen. Are those nice?!

Also, T-10 DAYS!!!
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    About Big Brother. I've been watching it the past few years. Every year, I say I'm not going to watch it because it's so silly. Then, summer comes and there is absolutely nothing else on TV and I get sucked into it anyway.

I didn't watch it initially & just thought it sounded idiotic. Then I watched Season 4 for the reasons you described above, got hooked & have watched every season since.

So funny that what happens on the feeds & the network show are 2 very different versions of the same chain of events, hah. Can't decide if I want to keep up with the feeds this year, or just watch the show.

(I'm not one of those people that actually WATCH the feeds, but there are a couple of really good recap sites that tell you the story behind the story. As I'm sure most you know.)

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    I am so far behind on this, tried to go to the current and read backward but I just can't, it is too confusing for me. I am on page 922.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

YES, a scone! I'll take a scone and some tea!

Let's have a proper afternoon tea, with little sandwiches (not cucumber), cinnamon toast, little pastries, cakes and shortbread. And a nice light afternoon tea, Lady grey perhaps, or lapsing souchong
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member
    I was looking earlier and it seems as if the modern gift for the 15th anniversary is a watch. The traditional is crystal, but I really can't think of anything crystal my husband would like. I think I'm going to get him a watch but I'm not sure how to sneak it to Florida with us without him know what it is. Do they allow wrapped items in a suitcase or carryon? I would hate for it to get lost of broken on the way there, so I would feel safer if it were in my carryon or in my backpack. Any suggestions on nice but not Rolex-priced time pieces? I was thinking Bulova or Citizen. Are those nice?!

Also, T-10 DAYS!!!

A couple years ago I bought my husband a really nice Invicta watch. He really likes it.

Not sure about what is allowed as far as pre-wrapped, but if it was me, I'd wrap it in something really soft and keep it in my carry-on and then wrap it for him when you get to your destination. You may even be able to make-shift wrap it in stationary or paper with the hotel / resort logo on it. That would be memorable, I'd think.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member

Also, T-10 DAYS!!!

A couple years ago I bought my husband a really nice Invicta watch. He really likes it.

Not sure about what is allowed as far as pre-wrapped, but if it was me, I'd wrap it in something really soft and keep it in my carry-on and then wrap it for him when you get to your destination. You may even be able to make-shift wrap it in stationary or paper with the hotel / resort logo on it. That would be memorable, I'd think.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    It's been announced, you guys! Tomorrow is Ramadan. :) Bring on the fasting! :smiley:
  • Roonwit
    Roonwit Posts: 7 Member
    I have to confess somewhere, I was naughty, delicious pizza sinning. But oh... so.... good. And just under my calories ... just.
  • rungirl1973

Also, T-10 DAYS!!!

Not sure about the rules about wrapping. I bought my husband a really nice Movado watch last year, and he returned the favor with a Movado watch for my birthday. We both love them.
  • rungirl1973
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

I didn't watch it initially & just thought it sounded idiotic. Then I watched Season 4 for the reasons you described above, got hooked & have watched every season since.

So funny that what happens on the feeds & the network show are 2 very different versions of the same chain of events, hah. Can't decide if I want to keep up with the feeds this year, or just watch the show.

(I'm not one of those people that actually WATCH the feeds, but there are a couple of really good recap sites that tell you the story behind the story. As I'm sure most you know.)

I admit that I did watch some of the Big Brother After Dark the last 2 years. Last summer, I was living in Corporate housing and was all alone during the week, so I had all kinds of time to geek out on BB.

It is interesting to see what they actually show compared to the feeds.
  • sineadt84
    sineadt84 Posts: 51 Member
    This weekend I off my fitbit, didn't log ANY meals and had an entire dominos pizza, a huge chinese takeaway and a bottle of white wine to myself in the space of 24 hrs. It was bliss.
  • sineadt84
    sineadt84 Posts: 51 Member
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

Wow!!! I'm impressed.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited June 2015
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Checking in from page 918. I spent the last 37 hours in bed. No joke. On average, my Fitbit tells me I take 27,000 steps a day. Yesterday, my total was 414. I got so unbelievably sick Monday afternoon that I called my husband home from work early so I could rest. After lots and lots of vomiting(sorry) and sleeping and a tiny bit of food yesterday, I'm feeling much better. Not quite 100% but ok enough that my husband went back to work today (he took yesterday off because we don't have anyone else to help watch our son). Anyway, while I am very thankful that my husband took time off from work checking in on me and making sure I had everything I needed and he kept our son happy, fed, (and alive)...holy cow, the house(kitchen mostly) was a disaster! Like I said, I was literally in bed for 37 hours except for bathroom trips so when I came downstairs this morning...OMG! Dishes, crumbs, empty cans, cat's water bowl just about empty,..etc etc. Thank goodness I'm back to join the living because I'm afraid to see what the house would have looked like after another day without me!
    Hope everyone else is doing well..I've got some catching up to do...in between cleaning!! ;)
    ETA: I hope I don't sound b*tchy...I really do appreciate my husband..so, so much for so many things beyond helping me when I am sick. I think it's just nice to see that I am needed..he got a glimpse into my day as a stay at home mom...it's not just all relaxing with our son playing games, and having fun. There's cleaning, laundry, dishes, and meals to be made, cats to take care of, etc. etc.
    Ok enough.

Hope you are feeling better!

Thank you..and to everyone else who wished me well! I am much better. I'm about half-way through the day and I'm have eaten two meals and a snack and all have stayed down! :)
    And to you Froggy, I'm so sorry for the troubles you are having. It sounds like you know what you need to do even though it's not what you'd like to do. You'll figure it out and make the right decision! Hugs to you!