My story of sweet revenge (pics)

Replies

• marjete03
    marjete03 Posts: 7 Member
    Wow!!!! You look amazing!! A big Well done !!!!
  • johnreiland
    johnreiland Posts: 19 Member
    Great job. Your an inspiration to so many struggling to get healthy and fit. GOLD MEDALIST
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    Bravo Zulu Devil Dog!!!
  • sazziek
    sazziek Posts: 57 Member
    Great story!! I am also divorced and had that same motivation mind set to "get back at him and everyone we were family / friends with" but the divorce was my decision and I believe for all of the right reasons which I could get into if you were really interested =P Anyway - so proud of your journey! Not only did you become healthier and stronger, you are an amazing mom - giving your kids what they deserve and putting yourself first too! Great job with the degree too! Keep it going!!!!
  • travpsu1
    travpsu1 Posts: 8 Member
    You're a hero, congratulations on a changed life!
  • kimihartung
    kimihartung Posts: 1 Member
    ctalimenti wrote: »
    Wow, you look awesome! Wonderful story and life transformation!

I love your story. Thank you for sharing.
  • wesjack777
    wesjack777 Posts: 29 Member
    Great story. I'm kinda similar to you in that I'm just really starting out like you did. Had this burning desire to show people what they think or say is crap.
    Love seeing success stories. I will be one too!!
  • Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    I'm so very proud of you for answering our questions and showing how you did it. You truly inspired me by seeing your results. ☺️
  • brightpage
    brightpage Posts: 2 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I lied, my story really isn't about revenge. But, it started out that way.

In 2010 my life hit a very low point. I weighed 217 pounds and my husband wanted a divorce. The entire four year marriage had been rough, so divorce was a bit of a relief. The downside of that was having to move across the country and back into my parent's house with two children under the age of two. Being unemployed, a disabled vet, a newly single mom and being fat sucked.

I decided to get revenge on my ex by losing weight and looking super hot. I failed.

It wasn't until I just got tired of being fat that I started making the changes that made a difference. Eating well, working out and learning to just love myself. It was no longer about revenge, it was about taking care of me.

Tomorrow marks a significant point in my life. It marks three years of being single and my first bodybuilding competition. In total I've lost 70 pounds. As a single parent with a full time job and my own little house to take care of I have found a way to get a degree and get in shape all at the same time. I have tons of legitimate excuses to why I can't or don't have the time to eat right and workout. If you want it bad enough you WILL find a way!

tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o2_400.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o3_500.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o1_400.jpg

**ETA: Workouts, I just lift heavy and do little cardio. Eating is TDEE-20% and IIFYM (with macros set correctly for my goals).

Update as of October 2014- Since my original story I have competed in two bodybuilding competitions, placing second and first respectively, as well as two powerlifting competitions, one of which set a world record for deadlift for my weight class. I continue to workout and balance the fun things in life with maintaining fat loss.

*For those of you who have been asking, I wrote a guide on how I lost the weight. You can find it here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
    dupaboo wrote: »
    Dang girl! Nice work...and dedication!

• brightpage
    brightpage Posts: 2 Member
    Wow what commitment and dedication! How did you do it all while earning a degree too?! I'm jealous but in a good way like that's fantastic that you could do it! Maybe there's hope for me. I've got a husband, a teen, and a toddler and I'm lucky just to be able to keep up with laundry, dishes, and chores. I want to know how you divided your time, like what your daily schedule looked like in those 1st few weeks.

I've been carving out and sneaking in some excercise but if I do it everyday, other things don't get done. Falling behind gets me frustrated, restless, and discouraged. I feel like less of a woman that I can't do it all and hold it together and look good in the meantime.
  • nyrlas
    nyrlas Posts: 1 Member
    :)

• 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    good for you! great work, and thank you for your service! :)
  • msharrington315
    msharrington315 Posts: 200 Member
    I love it! What an inspiration! ;)
  • Barbara48
    Barbara48 Posts: 9 Member
    Rue Paul said "what other people think
    Of me is not my business". It's great you're not living for your ex's approval. But I think you're swell and a true inspiration.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    You look great, good for you!
  • vwagar
    vwagar Posts: 78 Member
    Amazing!!!!!
  • felizchestun
    felizchestun Posts: 2 Member
    Great accomplishment. Inspirational
  • wontquittilImfit
    wontquittilImfit Posts: 59 Member
    How amazing!
  • angef70
    angef70 Posts: 1 Member
    What an amazing and inspiring story!!! You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!