They cut my head open, your excuse is invalid!

1151617181921»

Replies

• TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    wow!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    I have an online friend with Chiari. She had her surgery 2 years ago and is still struggling. Thanks for sharing your story and for being such a wonderful inspiration!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I really hadn't either @kittykaida I'm sorry to hear surgery was not an option for you. I'm curious as to why. If you'd like, send me a PM to discuss. Thank you for your compliments. I'm still doing great for the most part!

Haha @TnTWalter I feel the same way when I reread the story I wrote.

Thank you @mygnsac it is sadly quite common for the surgery to not alleviate all of the symptoms
  • nerdgirlinlv
    nerdgirlinlv Posts: 32 Member
    Thank you for sharing your story.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Thanks for sharing your story with us!
  • nickymarie79
    nickymarie79 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello all, I'm trying to figure out my new normal, and figure out what exercises I can and cannot do with my chiair diagnosis. I was just diagnosed August 19th, 2015, so I'm trying to adjust and was hopeful there'd be someone on here with it...I can't believe there's so many. Pleae feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • kristyne41
    kristyne41 Posts: 1 Member
    The most empowering story ive ever read about being healthful! Thank you
  • orchidee1987
    orchidee1987 Posts: 97 Member
    Pfffffffff ....... A mean to get attention and to be applauded (?). We all have issues, sicknesses, worries etc. If one wants to work out, he will, of course there is no need to do so to lose / maintain one's weight. Some put one 50 pounds after the loss of a loved one, would you tell them that's an excuse not to work out ? They might work out later on, needing a break at the moment .... Yeah, just like you had to before the operation.
  • TaniTru
    TaniTru Posts: 6 Member
    Really inspired by this. Your operation would have been the perfect reason to fall off but you stayed on! Amazing - inspired!
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    Pfffffffff ....... A mean to get attention and to be applauded (?). We all have issues, sicknesses, worries etc. If one wants to work out, he will, of course there is no need to do so to lose / maintain one's weight. Some put one 50 pounds after the loss of a loved one, would you tell them that's an excuse not to work out ? They might work out later on, needing a break at the moment .... Yeah, just like you had to before the operation.

Hi @orchidee1987

I am the person who originally posted this story. I deactivated that account recently and created this new one. Anyhow, it seems that you missed the part in the post where I said the title wasn't meant to be offensive. It was to be humorous. I wasn't trying to get applause, I was trying to inspire people who are going through health issues to see that it IS possible to maintain weight in the midst of a difficult situation. That is it. In all honesty, in all the pages of responses to this post, yours is the only one that was negative. I am sorry that it was off putting to you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!