UGH STUCK IN NEUTRAL

13»

Replies

• Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Thanks Sabine I will keep the Mendopause in mind.

My eating the past week has not been as good as it should be. I know my body doesn't like refined sugar or white flour yet I still eat it at times. Usually when I'm stressed and the emotional eating kicks in and I get the I'll just have one mentality and 1 leads to 2..... and then I feel like crap, I get tired, headaches and I lose motivation.

It never ceases to amaze me how food and hormones can wreak such havoc on your body.

• getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    No Whoosh Fairy today. :( I thought I was done with the hot flashes, but they have come back. I have a Mirena in so I have no idea if I still have a cycle. I'm 53. Two 1/2 years ago, the Dr said I was in menopause and said not to replace it. When he took my old one out, I started again. So I had him put a new one back in. On a side note - I'm replacing the batteries in my scale I'm so frustrated. lol
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Thanks Sabine I will keep the Mendopause in mind.

My eating the past week has not been as good as it should be. I know my body doesn't like refined sugar or white flour yet I still eat it at times. Usually when I'm stressed and the emotional eating kicks in and I get the I'll just have one mentality and 1 leads to 2..... and then I feel like crap, I get tired, headaches and I lose motivation.

It never ceases to amaze me how food and hormones can wreak such havoc on your body.
    You're so right! Deksgrl was just talking about this as well.

I've been "off" grains again for the last while and of course, I'm feeling better. I know this...you'd think I wouldn't keep forgetting. ha.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    I've tried buckwheat flour which apparently isn't a flour but a seed that is ground. It's great in muffins and pancakes I just need to make some and freeze them so I have something readily available.
  • RamblinRosita
    RamblinRosita Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, all --
    I face pretty much all of the same challenges discussed here. I am 51 and for the past six years it has been so much more difficult to keep my weight down (or keep it from rising) compared to earlier in my life! I would love to be each other's super-motivational cheerleaders if anybody would like to add me as a friend. I especially need encouragement not to eat after 8:00 and to skip that glass of wine or beer. Otherwise, my diet is pretty healthy and whole foods-oriented. I am pretty fit, but am currently struggling with some chronic back, hip and leg issues that make it hard to get intense exercise. Nice to virtually meet you all!
    -Rosita
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Hi Rosita and welcome.

Sending you a friend request now.

Karen