I'm back!

shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
Hi all--I'm back from my hiatus. I'm heavier I know but I'm not even going to weigh, as it will just depress me. So, starting fresh today and will weigh in a bit. Took almost a month to just kick back and basically blow it! And, boy, did I blow it! Didn't track a thing, eat pretty much what I wanted--ate out ALOT, lots of food events at church, vacation etc.

No exercise the whole time.

Got some what of an excuse there though. I hurt my achille's tendon just before I wandered and it's still bothering me. I can't run--and some might remember I had started doing some jogging--but that's out now. some days, I have to wrap it to even take a walk around the block. My DH keeps wanting me to go to the doc with it but I checked online and there's not a whole lot to be done other than rest it.

That was kind of depressing though and helped set my slide in motion. I've got to get back to the gym and the stationary bike though and get back on track.

Still grieving over the loss of my old dog. Still busy at church.

I'm not even going to try to catch up on all the newbies but just a general hello to all!

How's everyone else doing? Anything really "breaking news" while I was out being bad?

Replies

• shorerider
    Hi all--I'm back from my hiatus. I'm heavier I know but I'm not even going to weigh, as it will just depress me. So, starting fresh today and will weigh in a bit. Took almost a month to just kick back and basically blow it! And, boy, did I blow it! Didn't track a thing, eat pretty much what I wanted--ate out ALOT, lots of food events at church, vacation etc.

No exercise the whole time.

Got some what of an excuse there though. I hurt my achille's tendon just before I wandered and it's still bothering me. I can't run--and some might remember I had started doing some jogging--but that's out now. some days, I have to wrap it to even take a walk around the block. My DH keeps wanting me to go to the doc with it but I checked online and there's not a whole lot to be done other than rest it.

That was kind of depressing though and helped set my slide in motion. I've got to get back to the gym and the stationary bike though and get back on track.

Still grieving over the loss of my old dog. Still busy at church.

I'm not even going to try to catch up on all the newbies but just a general hello to all!

How's everyone else doing? Anything really "breaking news" while I was out being bad?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    YAY! Shore's back! I resisted the urge to PM you a couple times b/c I didn't want to bug. It'll be nice seeing you around the boards again! Rest that tendon, lady! :flowerforyou:
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Welcome back Shore...you were missed.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Welcome back. Rest up. Keep US motivated.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    YAY! Shore's back! I resisted the urge to PM you a couple times b/c I didn't want to bug. It'll be nice seeing you around the boards again! Rest that tendon, lady! :flowerforyou:
    Ditto for me!! I thought of you often and hesitated to contact you....next time if you go mising I'll PM you and you can see them when you get back online:drinker: :bigsmile:

You've been missed Shore:flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • shorerider
    Thanks all!

I'll be checking back in more here in the next few days--still catching up after vacation right now.

Missed y'all too!

slider_thankyou.gif
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    welcome_back_banner%5Bekm%5D724x300%5Bekm%5D.jpg
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Welcome back! I too was missing in action but only since last Monday. Back in the grove this morning, and will be logging EVERYTHING! :wink: :drinker:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Welcome back Shore. 2009 is a new year and a new start. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Yeah! I was new in November, and enjoyed reading your posts. I am glad you are back!!:flowerforyou:

:heart:
    Bobbie
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Welcome back!
  • shorerider
    Hey JAD--you planning any Tris this year? I tried to register for The Wild Goose Chase ride but it "sold" out in less than like a day! I'm backlisted for it now. Got my first big ride in March or April--doing the Tour de Cure over in Chesapeake across the Bay.
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    How long is the Tour de Cure? I've never heard of the Wild Goose, where is it?

I'm signed up for Columbia in May (Olympic), Eagleman in Cambridge in June (1/2 Ironman) and the NYC Tri in July (Olympic). I'm looking for something in August but I'm taking September off because my husband and I are panning a trip to Italy in September.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Hugz and welcome back baybee! We've been pretty AWOL too over the Holidaze. Started with Thanksgiving, and a whirlwind till our Anniversary yesterday, but wonderful family, and great times.
    So now back to getting fit and staying healthy, yea!
  • shorerider
    How long is the Tour de Cure? I've never heard of the Wild Goose, where is it?

I'm signed up for Columbia in May (Olympic), Eagleman in Cambridge in June (1/2 Ironman) and the NYC Tri in July (Olympic). I'm looking for something in August but I'm taking September off because my husband and I are panning a trip to Italy in September.

Wow--sounds like you're year will be busy!

The Tour is pick your length--I think they offer 25 up to 100 miles. I signed for the Century but....it's in April and depending on much cycling I can squeeze in between then and now, that can change! It's too cold to ride right now--and windy like all-get-out!

the Wild Goose is in Cambridge. It's a women only ride, which I thought was kind of cool. Plus, I love the jersey!

Here's a link:
    http://www.terrybicycles.com/tours/09WGC_info.html
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    I sort of fell of the wagon during Nov/Dec and when I got back I knew I hadn't seen you. Glad you are back!
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Awe, missed you :love: !!! Just searched through the threads, before I started my own entitled "Where's Shorerider?". You got me worried :ohwell: - it's good it's just you being busy. :flowerforyou:

Don't worry about falling off the wagon. Jan 1st is not the only day to be "a new day" and a "start now" or "resume" day. Good luck :flowerforyou: and keep us posted :wink: .

P.S. Thought you might be out for a photo session :wink: :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • Hi Y'ALL, hi Shore....

I been thinkin' of ya! I been away and i missed all my MFP PALS. So

0002028D.gif

I hope All Your Holidays Were HAPPY ONES!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

greenie's back:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: