Did you run today?

Replies

• FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    After some intense foam rolling today on my left leg. Found a nasty knot in my TFL and Peroneus Longus (Lets just say outer part of calf muscle LOL) I decided to try and run and BAM!!!!. 5K in 29:20...and not a F'n twitch in my knee area....I'M BACK B!TCHES ...sorry that in no means meant to be insulting to anyone...just a little ecstatic with my results.Now for a slower transistion back into running after almost a month off of next to no running or walking.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Wow! Crazy that that was hiding there so long! ! So glad to hear you've worked it out and can get back to it!
  • FireStorm1972
    edited June 2015
    poke987 wrote: »
    Wow! Crazy that that was hiding there so long! ! So glad to hear you've worked it out and can get back to it!

Well we'll see what happens. I will keep foam rolling to take out any knots, it literally almost brought me to tears working some of the knots out. Next 5k run will be Tuesday evening. We'll see how that goes.
  • FireStorm1972
    No running today. 5K planned tomorrow after work. Hopefully no pain in knee.
  • FireStorm1972
    edited June 2015
    5K outdoor run today. Just under 30minutes, NO PAIN. but my cardio is way off LOL. I guess being off for almost a month will do that to yyour cardio.I'm just happy to be running again 8)
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Ok, I've been lurking periodically but not posting since I have been laid off of running due to shoulder injury. Thought I'd say hi to everyone!

@FireStorm1972, glad you are doing better. I completely relate on the difficulty and happiness after being sidelined!

@poke987, I admire you for just walking and elliptical; I was exhausted and worthless while expecting.

@Just_Ceci, you are inspiring. Congrats on the PR!

I officially started back running Monday (I had one cheat walk/run with my sis while she was visiting). I was shocked that I actually ran in the same time I had done the same 5K loop before my injury. Definitely had to push though, particularly in the ridiculous heat and humidity! Signed up for a 5k this Saturday, and plan to get another run in tonight, although I may only do a couple miles due to the weather. I am on the fence about the half I had planned to do on September 12. Going to be super hot and humid, and the 4 weeks of no running put a crimp in my training. Trying a 10k in 3 weeks in Florida; if I can survive that, I may try for the half after all.

Oh, has anyone done/planning to do a Rock N Roll half? If I reschedule, there is one in Savannah that I might do instead.

• FireStorm1972
    I plan on a half in September hopefully.
  • FireStorm1972
    I usually run Wednesdays but holding back to try and ease back into running. Run tomorrow 5-10k hopefully
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I went to my national park yesterday after work for a Brick (Bike to Run). After a good 10 mile ride, I ran 2 miles. I'm wondering if this is ever going to get easier!
  • FireStorm1972
    ran 5k. Decided to try and do a little speed work and finished 29:09. Knee is fine, can feel the legs though, have to get them use to running again LOL. But this is GOOD pain LOL
  • FireStorm1972
    10.06K in 62:19. Pain free in the knee area :) Lets see if the DOMS kicks in later LOL
  • poke987
    Did our local father's day 5k with my dad this evening. He (and my 13yr old bonus son) wooped my *kitten*. But, my goal was only to finish having run the whole thing.

27 weeks pregnant
    5k in 32:02

Next goal is another 5k July 11th. Goal there will also be only to run and finish... we shall see!
  • poke987
    @Firestorm1972 I'm so glad you seem to be over the hump! I'm sure your fitness will pick back up quickly and you'll be back in no time!! 10k is fantastic! !

@Just-Ceci your park sounds like such a fantastic place! Wish we had something local with good trails! Are they dirt or paved?

@hoyalawya2003 how did your 5k go? I'm sure it feels good to be back at it! I'd never make it in a hotter more humid climate! I'm such a wimp when it comes to the sticky heat! I'm impressed with you!!
  • hoyalawya2003
    @FireStorm1972 way to go on the 10k!

@poke987 your 5k time sounds awesome to me! I'm still a slowpoke. :smile:

The 5k was ok--I wish it had started earlier because it felt like trying to breathe through a wet blanket. And the course was hill after hill after hill... I was slower than my last 5k (which was in January!) but a minute a mile faster than I am now running on average, so not going to complain. I just need to log a lot more miles. Ran 3.5 mi at 5:30 this morning; still humid but a lot more comfortable than Saturday!

I've decided to mostly stick with the training plan I was doing but scale up the weekday runs more slowly (by adding a couple extra weeks). I'm supposed to be doing 4.5 mi this week, but going to just do 3.5 instead and run/walk the long run of 7. Hopefully that will avoid the too much/too soon problem.
  • Just_Ceci
    poke987 wrote: »
    @Just-Ceci your park sounds like such a fantastic place! Wish we had something local with good trails! Are they dirt or paved?

There is a 7 mile loop that is paved, as well as several miles of dirt trails. I run and ride on the paved loop. I haven't been brave enough to venture out onto the dirt trails, as I believe them to be very steep!
  • Just_Ceci
    I woke up an hour and a half before my alarm this morning, so I got up and went to the park for a run. Even at 6 AM it was already hot and muggy, but I managed 5.5 miles in just under 57 minutes, 261 feet of elevation change.
  • FireStorm1972
    Ran 4.83K 26:49 8-)
  • hoyalawya2003
    edited June 2015
    Hot and muggy here too. Got my 3.5 in. Not sure when I will work in the 7 mile run on the schedule for this week as we leave for vacation early Friday morning.
  • Just_Ceci
    I did a run/ bike/ run in the gym yesterday to avoid heat stroke.
    2 mi run- 19:22
    10 mi ride- 34:55
    2 mi run- 20:05
  • poke987
    I did 3.43 in 40:16 on monday evening. Ran mostly, but walked up the hills on a local route. Then both my little boys got a bug. I've been housebound since. Did put up 165 bales of hay this afternoon. I figure that counts as cross training. Must find time, but with the hot weather and sick kiddos it's been easy to skip!