Wheelchair user maintaining ~75 lbs lost for 4 years

I lost the weight rather quickly (75 lbs in 11 months), but despite that I've managed to maintain it give or take a few lbs for the last 4 years, thanks to keeping track of my food on MFP. Maintaining, in my experience, is far more difficult than losing it was, so I'm quite proud of the fact that I've been able to say "I did it" for four years so far. There's no going back.

For exercise I do mostly cardio (50-70 miles a week all in my wheelchair). I do weights occasionally, but it's not my favorite thing to do. I do body-weight exercises 3x/week.

exm4visz7jx4.jpg
p9i7lcgjbp3l.jpg
fbifaw13rtxj.jpg
6cgxqdnt1966.jpg

Replies

• TaurianDoll
    TaurianDoll Posts: 111 Member
    Amazing transformation! You look great!!
  • dnllkey
    dnllkey Posts: 8 Member
    Remarkable! You look great :)
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    You have an amazing smile! I love that I can see your eyes better in your more recent photos!

Very impressed with your mileage. I'm nowhere near that!
  • greenheadhunter
    greenheadhunter Posts: 19 Member
    Fantastic! Stay the course!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,097 Member
    I could say how inspiring you are...how awesome of a job that you have done...I could say all of those standard responses but my thoughts go beyond that. As I looked at your pictures I thought...

You are an example of what a human being is capable of doing if we want it bad enough and are willing to do the work...if we are willing to persevere.

You are inspiring...it is an awesome job...but you are also so much more than that. I feel privileged to have been able to read your story and see your pictures. I will remember this when I struggle to lose the weight...when my body doesn't want to do one more exercise...when I feel like just quitting...I will remember what we as humans are capable of doing.

Thank you for sharing.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 774 Member
    You are just freaking awesome. Congrats
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Incredible!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Awesome! You look so happy, healthy & STRONG! Go, you!
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Congratulations!! You look awesome!
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Thank you for posting you success! My daughter is also in a wheelchair and I am going to share your pictures with her. Hopefully it will encourage her.
  • keana55
    keana55 Posts: 49 Member
    truly an inspiration!
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Awesome. If you can do it, I don't have any excuse in this world not to do it. Thanks for inspiring us.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Congrats! I'm disabled but don't use any walking aids. If you can do this, then I can, too. Great work.
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Congratulations on maintaining. Great job!
  • grahamckas88
    grahamckas88 Posts: 129 Member
    Congratulations! You look so much happier in the recent pictures. Great smile!
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Great job! You look fantastic!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Awesome! You look so much happier. Great job on your hard work!
  • Sparkles281
    Sparkles281 Posts: 14 Member
    It's great to hear stories from people who've kept the weight off! Way to go! :smile:
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    @cindyangotti go right ahead. Sometimes you need to see someone in the same position you are to finally know you can do it too.
  • CoRockChick77
    CoRockChick77 Posts: 39 Member
    Go you! So inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!