Looking for more motivating pals that are around 5'3 and needing to lose around 50 pounds!

PerlaRubi2013
PerlaRubi2013 Posts: 110 Member
edited June 2015 in Getting Started
Hello I have been on Myfitnesspal for over 2 years and I lost 52 pounds with it, since then I have gained close to 20 pounds. I am desperately needing to get back on track because I am not willing to go where I was after all this hard work! I started at 219.4 pounds went all they way to 166.6 last August, my clothes was starting to look nice on me and I felt so good about myself! I loved to look at myself in the mirror! But now I feel very discouraged and upset with myself because I let myself go! I didn't stop exercising but I wasn't doing it as often and I was not logging my food which is the most important part of this journey!! My clothes are so tight on me but I refuse to buy bigger sizes! This should be a motivation to keep going forward!! So here I am looking for pals that are on the same path as me so we can motivate each other!! Support from other people usually is the key to success!!

Replies

• pedrovazquez1981
    pedrovazquez1981 Posts: 10 Member
    Sounds good add me
  • mollymattlang
    mollymattlang Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I only want to lose 15-20, but I think we can encourage eachother! I used to love to exercise, but now, I don't seem to do it much at all! I am thinking about my eliptical upstairs...at least I'm thinking about it! lol
    Molly
  • PerlaRubi2013
    Hi! I only want to lose 15-20, but I think we can encourage eachother! I used to love to exercise, but now, I don't seem to do it much at all! I am thinking about my eliptical upstairs...at least I'm thinking about it! lol
    Molly

Once you start you'll get back in track!! The first days are always the hardest!! ;)
  • lilredhead314
    lilredhead314 Posts: 52 Member
    I'm in the EXACT same place as you. Went from 215-ish to 165 and then got off track and I'm back at about 190!
  • PerlaRubi2013
    I'm in the EXACT same place as you. Went from 215-ish to 165 and then got off track and I'm back at about 190!

Wohoo!! I found my twin Fitness Pal!! I know it sucks to be back from where we were but we can do it again!! Lets work hard at it and continue on this wonderful journey!!!

• Walrozz
    Walrozz Posts: 40 Member
    Refusing to buy bigger clothes is a great way of keeping motivated! I also hear that drinking a lot of water helps to speed up metabolism, so make use of the water option on here. I'm not on the same path as you, but you're welcome to add me.
  • micheledarley2012
    micheledarley2012 Posts: 24 Member
    I'm 5'4 and need to lose 50 pounds. I would love to give and get support so please add me. I did this once before on WW but now my weight gain is from meds. :'( I just started a medically monitored weight loss program and I've lost 10lbs in 2 weeks but I feel like I'm anorexic.
    I'm leaving on Sunday for Mexico to celebrate my wedding anniversary at an all inclusive resort. I'm hoping I can get some exercise in and keep my sugar low. If anyone has advice on that I'd love it!
    Michele
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    My biggest fear in my new "journey" is that I will become lazy, or uninterested in logging food. I definitely need to be held accountable for that for sure. I've only lost 19 lbs on my 5'2 frame and what...55+ to go. We can do this!
  • brittsir
    brittsir Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. I'm 5'3" and need to lose about 80 lbs. I lost 25 and gained them all back. I can't exercise much due to a chronic illness, but I am counting calories. Good luck on reaching your goal!
  • mickeywolfie
    mickeywolfie Posts: 17 Member
    I'm on the same path! Trying to at least lose 50 pounds. I've started up on here again,but I can't find the motivation to do more workouts and I don't even know how to go about losing weight lol.
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    I'm 5'2" have been on MFP for approximately 2 months and have lost almost 13 pounds. I'm currently looking a losing at least 3 more pounds ( I might do more depending on how I feel at that point). I am on every day. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Hey. You can add me if you like. I am 5'2" and have lost 11lbs so far and have 24 lbs to lose.
  • PerlaRubi2013
    Walrozz wrote: »
    Refusing to buy bigger clothes is a great way of keeping motivated! I also hear that drinking a lot of water helps to speed up metabolism, so make use of the water option on here. I'm not on the same path as you, but you're welcome to add me.

Yes water intake is a very important element and that's all I drink my goal is 90 oz a day!! =)

• PerlaRubi2013
    I'm 5'4 and need to lose 50 pounds. I would love to give and get support so please add me. I did this once before on WW but now my weight gain is from meds. :'( I just started a medically monitored weight loss program and I've lost 10lbs in 2 weeks but I feel like I'm anorexic.
    I'm leaving on Sunday for Mexico to celebrate my wedding anniversary at an all inclusive resort. I'm hoping I can get some exercise in and keep my sugar low. If anyone has advice on that I'd love it!
    Michele

Have fun in Mexico and enjoy it to the max!! ;)
  • PerlaRubi2013
    bbontheb wrote: »
    My biggest fear in my new "journey" is that I will become lazy, or uninterested in logging food. I definitely need to be held accountable for that for sure. I've only lost 19 lbs on my 5'2 frame and what...55+ to go. We can do this!

Don't think negatively! Stay positive and keep logging to stay on track!! ;)
  • elsabe3
    elsabe3 Posts: 21 Member
    I'm 5 foot 5. Lost 20 pounds over the summer, then gained them back to medication. I need to loose at least 40-50 pounds. Friend me if you want to.
  • PerlaRubi2013
    I'm on the same path! Trying to at least lose 50 pounds. I've started up on here again,but I can't find the motivation to do more workouts and I don't even know how to go about losing weight lol.

The first step is to start logging all your food!! Then slowly incorporate exercise!! Once you log your food you'll start to learn how to manage your calories!! ;)
  • usagiannora
    usagiannora Posts: 10 Member
    I am in the same boat. I am 5'3" and I weigh just under 185 lbs! This is the heaviest I have been in my life. I've gone through so much medically in the past 8 years that I didn't have a choice but to be on bed rest what felt like 24/7. I am ready to get back to working out, getting in to a routine, and starting to live my life again. I don't have a lot of friends on this app/website. So please add me and we can encourage one another.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Great job getting back on track! Feel free to add me. I'm 24 lbs. into my journey, with another 25-30 to go. I've been on a maintenance break (not entirely intentional) for the last month or so, but I'm ready to keep going!
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    I'm 5ft 5 lost close to that if you'd like support add me