Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I keep trying to learn to love sushi, but I just can't do it.

Watch "Jiro Loves Sushi" for inspiration.

California roll and smoked salmon roll were my "gateway drugs". From there, progress to steamed shrimp nigiri. Then maybe to a seared fish nigiri or roll. Finally, the jump to raw fish is easier that way.

I wound up living in Tokyo for 2 1/2 years so learning sushi was a must for me.

Good luck with it!

Good documentary!

Did you visit his shop? SO and I are going to do our best to try to get there when we (in a few years) get to Japan.

Still on my bucket list!

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/03/19/21-photos-of-sukibayashi-jiro-sushi-the-best-in-the-world/

ooooh Thank you.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Don't worry @nonoelmo I'm getting ready to go out on the town and be dancing up a storm I'll be doing the rain dance for you!

Thanks Bueller! Hurry up, game is in just over an hour. :wink:
    Have a great time dancing.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

@riderfangal don't forget your deodorant before your date tomorrow night ;)

ETA: posting from an iPhone sucks

Dress up, go out,have fun and wear deodorant. You guys have really high expectations of me

Haha I was playing! We're super excited for you! And maybe living a bit vicariously through you :)

You have no idea how much I appreciate your guys support. Honestly I probably would have declined if it wasn't for a little prodding from all of you haha
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Well, I am old enough to be your mother. I try to give my kids the balance of grace and love and toughness that they need to grow to be healthy, resilient, competent adults. They know they are loved, they know can come to me with anything. But I am far from perfect and make plenty of mistakes. I tell them when I make a mistake and apologize.

I don't know (much) about what your childhood was like but probably my style of parenting is likely different than what you had, that is true. You are grown now, into an articulate, intelligent, kind, lovely woman. Who you are and who you become is up to you. You are in control. Practice everyday being the person you want to be. Surround yourself with people who exhibit traits you wish to have. Set boundaries and maintain them. Love yourself as you are while setting goals for who you want to be. Circumstances can change greatly. Keep your faith, keep you eyes on your goal and every day do something (however small) to move toward your goals. (This advice was given to be at the beginning of my graduate career.)

The potluck was a success. I told a number of co-workers about your hummus recipe. <3 I have a lot of interns this summer and they are doing a great job on all the projects. They also are good cooks. It was fun and we are going to do it again before they head back to school.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I'm sorry guys, I have to skip the last 50 pages or so... I've had a very rough last couple of days. My husband had a seizure and ended up at the ER three days ago. It was a very traumatic experience for both of us. Long story short, hes okay now, but we're both shook up and scared. Hope everyone is doing alright

Hope your husband is doing well!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    I'm heading across town to kickball. Confession, I want a relaxing night at home. I thought about a lot of people I didn't have time to reply to today. Happy thoughts to all!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    I'm heading across town to kickball. Confession, I want a relaxing night at home. I thought about a lot of people I didn't have time to reply to today. Happy thoughts to all!

Enjoy your game!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Shucks I was dancing while curling my hair!! Sorry I failed Dr. No!

Have a great night everyone you're all in my thoughts!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Ok so, they didn't have my dessert!! :( But when I asked and our server saw how sad I was, she agreed that she's sad about it too. She said she really believes that they will bring it back because it's so popular..nobody understands why it's been taken off the menu in the first place.
    So anyway, I had my awesome dinner (same thing I always get when we go there) and for the very first time, I couldn't finish it! I actually had to take some home!!! CRAZINESS! Of course I saved room for my dessert backup...the largest size of Cold Stone Cookie Doughn't You Want It. Then, I even finished off (about 75%) the largest size of the French Vanilla that my husband and son shared...but I added a TBSP of peanut butter! Now, I'm probably about 1500 over maintenance but I'm absolutely stuffed!! And now I even have some leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Yay!
    ETA: thank you all again for the lovely birthday wishes!

Sorry about the desert but sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! It stinks when you look forward to something for that long and don't get it!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Are you confessing to secret woodchucking?

I don't think woodchucking is generally a secret that would garner a confession... Every time we toss out a piece of paper, we're generally chucking wood. :p Maybe he's confessing to wasting too much paper. o:)

You win the internet today! Bows down and then run away embarrassed.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    You don't have to work ever again?!

Okay so here's my real confession for starting myfitnesspal: I'm 29, I'm 5'2 and I weigh 137. I'm overweight and I'be never really been over 130- but I'm getting to the age where I'd like to have kids and I want to be in great shape when I do as I've heard the better shape you're in before getting pregnant the easier it is after pregnancy to bounce back. It's hard as my mother had five babies and was always so super teeny tiny! I want to be the fit hot mom like my mom was when I was growing up! Is that selfish :#

Being a hot mom is my goal! Petty but true!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I bought a $50.00 kettlebell and hardly ever use it.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Guys in case you thought I was dead I am just checking in to say I have to catch up this weekend. Was just to busy the last 2 days. See you tomorrow!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I confess I forgot to put deodorant on before I went for my walk tonight. I walked 3 Miles in 90 degree heat. We'll you get the picture heading for a shower
    I keep deodorant in the car and my desk at work (when I have a desk and a work :( ) because I frequently forget. My daughter did it the other day and said she had to do the T-Rex arm thing all day.

Lol I was hoping everyone I met on the trail couldn't smell me. Please don't smell me please don't smell me

Lol! I keep one at work just in case. When I worked in the bar industry I always had one in my purse! Glad I'm not the only one!
  • riderfangal
    Options

pofoster21 wrote: »
    Guys in case you thought I was dead I am just checking in to say I have to catch up this weekend. Was just to busy the last 2 days. See you tomorrow!

I was wondering where you were.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I bought a $50.00 kettlebell and hardly ever use it.

I have that one beat - I financed a NordicTrack back in the 80's. Still in pristine condition :p
    But I bet it's great for hanging clothes..?