Do Cigarettes Have Calories?

silly to ask i know, but do cigarettes have calories?
I hear that they do because they have a small amount of sugar in them.
I dont know if thats true or not.
it wouldnt stop me, but i was just wondering because i basically smoke more than i eat.

sgw :smokin:

116647.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Replies

• sarah21
    sarah21 Posts: 30 Member
    it wouldnt stop me, but i was just wondering because i basically smoke more than i eat.

116647.png
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member

116647.png
    :huh: oh I actually never gave it much thought... I personally would be MUCH more concerned about the dangers related to health issues in smoking than if they have sugar/cals in them:noway:

But that's just me:blushing: .... eating healthy food is a much better choice than smoking.... much more satisfying and HEALTHIER the lifetime changes in healthy eating will get a person much further in life than smokes:smokin:

Lots of folks on here have given up smoking...you can see many many 'quit smoking' tickers....very cool indeed!! :bigsmile: :drinker:

oh and I actually don't think any question ask is silly :wink: :happy:

FC:heart:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member

this is taking dieting to far IMO. if you are smoking more then you are eating then that is not good!

Big nod! :huh: :brokenheart: :smokin: Please quit!:heart::smooched:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    After reading your profile and seeing your pics I don't think you "need" to lose any weight. I think you are obsessing about being skinny and that is not healthy. It doesn't matter who you say your doing it for.
    I recommend you talk to someone about working on a healthy self image. And quitting smoking.

Calories are the least of your worries when you are talking about your future health. Another thing smoking does is age you quicker. If you continue to smoke you will look old before your time. I'm sure your not thinking about that now but when you look in the mirror in ten years you'll wish you had quite and never started.

It was easy to quit the first time because you hadn't been smoking long. The longer you continue the harder it will be.

You say you need to learn on your own, that is your choice but don't expect others to encourage you in ruining your health.
  • pparker2214
    pparker2214 Posts: 64 Member
    I'm sorry to be so blunt.. but sweetie.. You really should consider gaining some weight.

It might help to see a counselor or something-- your profile leads me to believe you have a distorted view of reality. You're a beautiful girl, but you seem to be obsessed with what you THINK other people see you as.. like your bf and your mom-- and who ever sees you at pool parties.. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed no matter what size you are. Yet you truly believe the influential people in your life love you more or less because of the percentage of body fat you have..??

Please consider talking to a professional. Someone that can teach you the right amount of carbs fats, sugar and proteins you need for your organs to function. Someone who can teach your that in order to be a reproductive female in the human species you need a some fat.. someone that can teach you there's a difference between skinny and healthy.

Meant with love... :heart:

Please consider watching Ken and Barbie 101...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGsTfCL1Joc
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    I have to agree. In your original post you asked a question and then stated that you really didn't care about the answer and regardless of what you were told were going to continue smoking. In addition to the potential health impact, it turns your teeth yellow, your hands yellow, makes you smell bad, and will age you very quickly. Knowing all that....You're an adult and have the right to do what you want so make your own choices and mistakes just like the rest of us :smile: I would like to say this though because many of us "older" women on this site would have probably benefited from someone telling us this when we were 21.....

I read through your profile and I find it very sad that a beautiful young woman would write:

"I think people would like me more if i were thinner and I know i would. Also i hink people would care about me more as a person if i didnt have so much fat on my body. "

I can tell you that any friends or men who would really honestly like you better or care more because of a few pounds are not worth having. Never choose your friends because of how they look and don't make friends with the kind of people who would judge someone on their looks. I can guarantee that those kinds of friends lead to heartache.

I'm not judging you: I'm just hoping that you'll learn now what it's taken me a lot more years to learn. You have to love and respect yourself before anyone else will and right now, I don't think you do. Good health and a healthy self-esteem are much more attractive than physical perfection and they are both easier to obtain.
  • pparker2214
    pparker2214 Posts: 64 Member
    Good health and a healthy self-esteem are much more attractive than physical perfection and they are both easier to obtain.

That was an amazing quote... did you come up with that? I love it.. it's soooooo true! :heart:
  • sarah21
    sarah21 Posts: 30 Member
    wow, i think i just got ripped apart in here, lol :frown:
    i know that everyone means well, im just trying to slowly perfect things in my life right now.
    Honestly quiting smoking would be too hard for me to do right now but i do have confidence that i will eventually quite to have a family and more of a life.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member

116647.png

No sugar. Lots of tar, formaldehyde, nicotine, and carcinogens though. So they won't make you fat, but they'll probably give you cancer.

It's all about priorities. :flowerforyou:
  • imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    I'm sorry to be so blunt.. but sweetie.. You really should consider gaining some weight.

It might help to see a counselor or something-- your profile leads me to believe you have a distorted view of reality. You're a beautiful girl, but you seem to be obsessed with what you THINK other people see you as.. like your bf and your mom-- and who ever sees you at pool parties.. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed no matter what size you are. Yet you truly believe the influential people in your life love you more or less because of the percentage of body fat you have..??

Please consider talking to a professional. Someone that can teach you the right amount of carbs fats, sugar and proteins you need for your organs to function. Someone who can teach your that in order to be a reproductive female in the human species you need a some fat.. someone that can teach you there's a difference between skinny and healthy.

Meant with love... :heart:

Please consider watching Ken and Barbie 101...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGsTfCL1Joc

She doesn't need to gain weight. She needs to gain muscle. ;)
    but to her post, yes I did have the same question. Smokers who go on diets has tends to quit to improve health. People eventually quite. You can't force someone too, if they can't yet. It's like saying lose 20lbs in 1 day.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    ummmm no, but if they did they also boost your metabolism, not by much though...

I'm a smoker myself and thinking about quitting for health reasons, you should consider the same
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    lol.........
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member

116647.png

Give them up before they kill you. And they will kill you.
  • I'd tell you cigarettes have TONS of calories...if it makes you consider not smoking...

So yeah, stop smoking so you don't get fat :P