Good For Me!

rklein71
rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
Today is my daughter's 18th birthday, which we celebrated yesterday. As usual, the celebration involved our extended family going out to dinner and returning to my house for cake and ice cream. I enjoyed dinner (the Cajun Tilapia at Applebee's is delicious and nutritious) and I enjoyed the small piece of Cold Stone Strawberry Passion Cake. The best part is that I only went over my calories by 185 and I did not go over on my fat at all. While extra calories are not ideal, I am so proud of myself. Before joining MFP and tracking everything, I most definitely would have gone WAY over on everything. Good for me!

Replies

• rklein71
    Today is my daughter's 18th birthday, which we celebrated yesterday. As usual, the celebration involved our extended family going out to dinner and returning to my house for cake and ice cream. I enjoyed dinner (the Cajun Tilapia at Applebee's is delicious and nutritious) and I enjoyed the small piece of Cold Stone Strawberry Passion Cake. The best part is that I only went over my calories by 185 and I did not go over on my fat at all. While extra calories are not ideal, I am so proud of myself. Before joining MFP and tracking everything, I most definitely would have gone WAY over on everything. Good for me!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Congrats! :drinker: That is great. I did not do very well around the birthday. Keep up the great work :bigsmile:
  • that is awesome! Isn't it amazing how we become more aware of what we are putting in our mouths when we are watching what we eat? I found myself doing that last night, I had a piece of cheesecake last night, and I would have ate a huge piece but instead I just ate a small little square piece, and it satisfied me. good job and keep up the great work!
  • amartine
    amartine Posts: 125
    Yay for you!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Thats awesome!!:drinker: :drinker: Today is my birthday too and I HOPE I can do as well!:blushing: Way to go rklein!!:flowerforyou:
  • Good job!
  • Great job!

And Happy Birthday nonibug! :smile:
  • rklein71
    Thanks, and Happy Birthday, nonibug!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!