July 2015 Running Challenge

Stoshew71
Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
edited June 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi everyone. This is a continuation from the June (2015) Running Challenge which can be found at:
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10174616/june-2015-running-challenge

Anyone can join in. New & Old. And if you found this thread late, you can join in at any time.
We have members that are total beginners all the way to marathon maniacs and beyond. We are a friendly and encouraging bunch.

Here the details from last month that applies here again.

Anybody want to join me for a running challenge? Set a goal here and mark it every day here. OPTIONAL: You can post your progress by creating a ticker at http://www.tickerfactory.com (If creating ones seems difficult, then don't let that stop you. Just type in your daily miles here.)

You can run, walk, or do treadmill. Just be consistent. I am setting a goal for 180 miles. However, don't let that worry you. Some can do 25, 50; whatever you like. We can help motivate each other. What do you say? if you are new to running, set a low goal.

You can set your goal now but wait until Wednesday July 1st to log your runs.

Also, don't forget to join our group which can be found at:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/21182-monthly-running-challange

There you will find lots of good info, and it's a place where everyone can talk to each other for further motivation. It's also a place to find help when there is a problem with this thread.

*******OPTIONAL TICKER*************
Info on tickers since I know there will be questions. Sign up for an account http://www.tickerfactory.com and create your ticker.
Then you need to update it after you do a run and post it here. Here is what you will need to do.

After setting up your ticker, you will need to make note of the weblink they give you so you can return. An example would be:

http://www.tickerfactory.com/exercise/w6K1EiX/ <<<< the last part will be a part of the image link (explained below) that will be supplied to you after you initially create your link.

When you return to TickerFactory with the weblink, go to your settings page. Make sure you type your pin in that you set when you created your ticker account.
Then where it says "Your current cumlative value, there is an add button. Just add what you just did and the cumlative value automatically changes. Then hit next.

Now after you added your new miles (or km's) to your ticker you need to post it here.

After you hit next, it will give you a bunch of codes suggesting on how to display your ticker.
Use the one at the bottom where it says Direct Image URL:

It will look something like:
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png

To display that correctly in your post, make sure you place the img tags around that link. So it will look, (removing the spaces in the img tags):

[ img ] http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png [ /img ]

^^^^^^^ Don't forget to remove the spaces between the brackets. ^^^^^^^^^^

Some key things to pay attention to when posting your ticker.

1: Use the link that ends in .png
2. Remember the [ img] and [ /img] tags go in between the link
3. remove the spaces in the img tags before posting
4. YES, there is a / in the second /img tag

Good luck! And happy running (or walking or treadmilling, ect). If you have any trouble or have questions, please feel free to PM me.

Stan

Replies

• JeraldTX
    JeraldTX Posts: 42 Member
    I'm setting the lofty goal of 20.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,454 Member
    I'm in for 75 miles.
  • harryrarabrown
    harryrarabrown Posts: 42 Member
    I'll make my goal 50 miles running on the treadmill this month, although hoping to exceed that easily
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Last month I wasn't sure if my projected training miles would really be as high as forecasted so I picked a slightly lower number and wound up in between, beating my stated goal of 130, but not as many as I initially was trying to hit in training.

Looking at my planned July miles, I'm tempted to pick a slightly lower number again.

I'm going for 200.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Hmmm...not sure where to go. Missed by a lot in June and no races planned until September. Gonna try to hit 120 again and will just have to be more disciplined.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Since I'm traveling for a week and there's a good chance I'll only have a dreadmill to run on, I'm going with 100 this month.

Thanks Stan!
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    OK, I'm in for 140, now let me see if I can get that ticker up and running (pun intended).
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    I'm in for 50 :)
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    NSV thanks for the tips Stoshew71

exercise.png
  • username301
    username301 Posts: 247 Member
    Well it's been a while. But here I am again. Last time I took part in this was November 14 and its difficult to believe I was running as far as my posts said I did (12km long run with 35min intervals)

But seven months with no completed runs later I had a quick jog last week and man it hurt. My goal is to get to December and be able to run as far as I did at the end of November 14.

July Goals:
    13 runs
    67km
    10 minute intervals
    6km long run.
    5km under 40min
  • keekykay123
    keekykay123 Posts: 3 Member
    Awesome. I will set my goal for 60 miles.
  • KOW75
    KOW75 Posts: 92 Member
    June was a wash because of plantar fasciitis and lack of dedication. Going for 100 again in July.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    I barely made my 30 miles in June so I am keeping the same goal for July. The humidity is to much for me right now so I am looking for shorter, more frequent, runs with either no or less walk breaks.
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Since I'll be in physical therapy for three weeks of this month, I'll aim for 50 miles.

exercise.png
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Since I failed my 130 goal last month, I'm going to plan on 115 in this hot, humid Georgia July....
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    I'm in for 70ish. (Send cool weather this way please. Or early AM discipline. :wink:)
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm in for 35 miles... I got to 27.5mi completed in June

exercise.png

• annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    I'm on vacation as of the mid of the month. I will be bringing along the running shoes, but... I ran 80 km in June due to a few weekends missed to illness (including this morning).

I'm in for 50 km for July. If I go over--great. If I'm under--hey I'm on vacation for 1/2 of the month.
  • asbm3278
    asbm3278 Posts: 18 Member
    My first time in a running challenge, but I'll aim for 50km for July.