July 2015 Running Challenge

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Ms_Chai wrote: »
    If I am new to this, can I join and set a low goal of 20? It will literally be my first 20 miles in about 2 years.

I guess it will also be "jogging" rather than "running" for me.

20 is an awesome goal! Welcome aboard.

• virtuesplea
    virtuesplea Posts: 2 Member
    I didn't do the running challenge last month, just running on my own motivation and ended up taking the entire last week and a half of June off, for a total of 57.75 miles last month. I should've been close to 100 miles for the month.

So perhaps this will help keep my motivation up. Goal being 100 miles, with a stretch goal being 140 with the 10% increase rule.

w2oUY33
  • artlover47
    artlover47 Posts: 76 Member
    I am truly a beginner to jogging/running because I am just recently small enough to do it where it doesn't bother my knees. I only get to jog when my husband can watch my 2 toddlers for a bit, and it is inconsistent, but I'm going to shoot for 12 miles this month. He isn't sure if he can commit to watching them every other day or I would go for 16. Good luck to anyone else just starting out!!
  • jbearl2009
    jbearl2009 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm setting my goal at 20 miles (I'm still a walker but it will give me a reason to make sure I get up every morning and do it) I have usually taken weekends off but now it may just be Sundays that I take off! Now to get me a cool ticker thingy to put up!
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    My aim is to do more than I did in June, and make it through the month without another injury :) So I'm in for 50km.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    I've been not feeling well again again. I tried a run this morning and kind of failed miserably...I managed 3.4 KM out of 50km for the month.
  • bigorangemichael
    bigorangemichael Posts: 27 Member
    I'm going to try for 130 miles in July. I've had a great month in June, but the weather cooperated. I figure at some point, there will be some rain that slows me down.
  • CrimsonWhite
    CrimsonWhite Posts: 104 Member
    I'm just getting back into running the last few weeks myself, so I'll join in to try and keep motivated!
    I'm trying to get off the treadmill and run outside more, (although these darn summer evening thunderstorms are making it hard) as well.
    I'll shoot for 35 miles for July.
  • amberjo1986
    amberjo1986 Posts: 50 Member
    I'll be finishing up my Zombies, Run! 5k training plan right before my 5k run on July 11th. After that it's going to be all about that base, about that base.... (building up my fitness base, that is).
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    In for July for 60 miles! :)
  • mhooge
    mhooge Posts: 42 Member
    Hi I'm trying to get back into running. I was doing good a couple of years ago but fell off the wagon. So I'm excited to start again. Wish me luck!
  • mhooge
    mhooge Posts: 42 Member
    Hmm so I guess I have to set a goal.... Just getting started so I'll say 60 km.
  • Paedin337
    Paedin337 Posts: 7 Member
    IN. I work on an oil drilling ship 14/14 so i'll be splitting between treadmill and land running. Im going with 50miles as the goal. Looking forward to it.
  • eyethree
    eyethree Posts: 29 Member
    I'm new here. Just graduated C25K this week and started Bridge to 10K this morning. I'm in for 50 miles, completed 43 this month.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,373 Member
    Welcome to all the newbies! This is a great group of very supportive and encouraging runners of all levels! It's a great place to ask questions, seek advice, share your accomplishments and challenges and just have fun!!

I'm in again for 110 - want to go for 120 again but I am in half marathon training/taper mode with the SF (1st) half at the end of the month!
    Tomorrow is a rest day for me - see you all on the 2nd!

Thanks Stan (@Stoshew71) for organizing/herding us all here once again!
  • jfitz444
    jfitz444 Posts: 12 Member
    Can't wait to start running again. 32 miles in July :)
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member

exercise.png

Finally got a few weeks of training in without getting ill, so in for this month.

Initial goal of 100 miles in July.
  • robinessex
    robinessex Posts: 13 Member
    155 miles in July for me
  • robinessex
    robinessex Posts: 13 Member
    exercise.png
  • JimCrackinDandy
    JimCrackinDandy Posts: 146 Member
    @Runningmischka - Lovely Baby Girl! Many blessings to you and your hubby as you raise her.

I'm in for 130 this month! Come on all, "Let's do this thing!"

exercise.png