Why isn't sexual activities included in exercise list ?

If cooking and prep is ... and cleaning is .. why not sex ? it definitely gets your heart rate up and I figure that's got to do some good in weight loss :)

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    for the same reason it wasn't included last week, or the week before, or any of the other 574 times someone has created this thread in the last 2 years
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    I'm shocked this has been asked more than once. Shocked. Really. ;-)
  • itzmebabe
    itzmebabe Posts: 4 Member
    just trying to increase the exercise levels... talk about a tough crowd :neutral: and so friendly to the newbie :smiley:
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Incidental exercise. It's just a bonus. Like using the stairs at work, but better :p
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    Sex should be a part of your daily activities. You should not be including "cleaning" "mowing the lawn" "putting away the groceries" "sex". That sort of thing should included in your calculated calorie count as it is. So basically by logging it, you will be over estimating your calories because it is already calculated in your typical day.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    TBH, it looks sad when people log stuff like that as opposed to real deliberate exercise.
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Any exercise that only take 3 minutes probably isn't worth logging ;)
  • lukos05
    lukos05 Posts: 39 Member
    edited July 2015
    itzmebabe wrote: »
    just trying to increase the exercise levels... talk about a tough crowd :neutral: and so friendly to the newbie :smiley:

I was curious just for fun, too. If you are really serious, put it under yoga or wrestling, lol! Honestly, I wouldn't, though; or the cooking and cleaning because those are/should be normal activities.

But, hey, could be worse. Could have asked about calories in semen. ;)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited July 2015
    So what would the entries look like?

"Sex, male, missionary"

"Sex, female, lioness"

Is that really what we're asking for? Or do we just go with "Sex, top" and "Sex, bottom"?
  • itzmebabe
    lukos05 wrote: »
    itzmebabe wrote: »

I wondered, too. Put it under yoga or wrestling, lol! But, hey, could be worse. Could have asked about calories in semen. ;)

Bahahah... more calories :smiley:
  • itzmebabe
    edited July 2015
    slider728 wrote: »
    Any exercise that only take 3 minutes probably isn't worth logging ;)

3 minutes :neutral: increased fitness will fix that :smiley:
    well obviously I only joined this site for the tracking and community.. its winter where I live and I thought it would be great to track everything I ate and did to see why every winter I gain about 7kg..
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    So what would the entries look like?

"Sex, male, missionary"

"Sex, female, lioness"

Is that really what we're asking for? Or do we just go with "Sex, top" and "Sex, bottom"?

actually I was thinking it would be like all the other entries.. low? moderate? intense? ect
    if I can list fishing sitting or standing :wink:
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Because some people are the masters knowing all, doing all, and some people are surprised that it's happening and before they can build up momentum it's over. I guess rate of speed and intensity varies too much to put a caloric output on the hibbity dibbity.
  • blueyellowhorse
    blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
    Because some members can't get laid and that would upset them
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Sorry to laugh but I love the comments these threads bring ...
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Cut off half my post must have been the dots. Seriously op I think it would just be too hard to put a number on - too many variables! Just think of it as a lucky boner - I mean bonus!!
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    edited July 2015
    dakotababy wrote: »
    TBH, it looks sad when people log stuff like that as opposed to real deliberate exercise.

If someone has made a conscious decision to spend 3 hrs lugging a push mower around a lawn as opposed to spending 30 mins doing a half-hearted elliptical session whilst watching Dr Phil who are you to judge the worthiness or logability of said "exercise"

Sometimes general work becomes exercise through necessity due to the time restraints of busy people. Either way the person is attempting to move more and make conscientious decisions about their activity levels. Just because you find it "sad" doesn't make it any less valid.
  • Lifeonmars2015
    Lifeonmars2015 Posts: 667 Member
    Because some members can't get laid and that would upset them

Not from a want of trying though lol :#
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Clarewho wrote: »
    Cut off half my post must have been the dots. Seriously op I think it would just be too hard to put a number on - too many variables! Just think of it as a lucky boner - I mean bonus!!

This was my favourite :smiley:
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    I mean how specific do we want to get here?

Seriously, do I want to know how many times a day / week people are having sex? Also I guess it depends on what you do and how many calories one could burn, again do I really want to see the intimate details of people's sex lives on mfp?

Besides sex isn't an exercise, how romantic would this be - "I have to lose 2lb more this week my love, so... how about it?" hmmm, that would get me, at the very least, a very withering look from my wife and rightly so. Take it as an added bonus but don't try and log it :-)