anyone else get super frustrated at friends/co workers?

Replies

• dwasson56
    dwasson56 Posts: 15 Member
    kraft_kris wrote: »
    Not my circus, not my monkeys....

This days it all. Love it!
  • dwasson56
    dwasson56 Posts: 15 Member
    dwasson56 wrote: »

This days it all. Love it!
    dwasson56 wrote: »

This says it all. Love it!

• Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Adults can do what they like, but what I struggle with are the kids. Well, the parents of those kids rather.

My partner runs a geeking venue (board games, pc games, that sort of thing) and it has a snack bar. I am there pretty much all the time as our house is attached to the club. There is a couple who visit regularly that bring their little girl along with them - she must be about 8 or 9. She asks for food constantly so that they will come over to her (I think what she really wants is more of their time and attention) and they give in all the time, as well as bringing her things unprompted.

The venue provides free tea, coffee and hot chocolate and because the hot chocolate is so rich (it is a double serving with melted marshmallow on top), most people only have one mug. That little girl has four or five mugs, one after the other. Mom and dad never say no, never suggest something else, even though water and low calorie drinks are also on offer.

I was sitting near her, so I noticed what she ate the last time she was there. 2 bags of chips. 3 chocolates. A small bag of biscuits. A hot dog with extra cheese - in addition to those hot chocolates! It was horrific! Probably twice my calorie allowance all in the space of a few hours and she is a little girl.

It made me feel ill and sad.

Her mother is very obese and takes in a similar amount. Am I wrong in thinking that they are ruining this little kids life and giving her zero chance?
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    well i think when they say things about us its really a COMPLAINT OR DIG about themselves.
  • QueenKristine77
    QueenKristine77 Posts: 67 Member
    most of the people i work with are healthy and work out so they actually KEEP me motivated
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Soopatt wrote: »
    Her mother is very obese and takes in a similar amount. Am I wrong in thinking that they are ruining this little kids life and giving her zero chance?

That poor little girl is doomed, her parents are perpetuating the cycle. It could almost be considered a form of child abuse.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    as someone said

ede62c_4869a95ddb4d4d0089777b402737e480.jpg
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    most of the people i work with are healthy and work out so they actually KEEP me motivated

Me too! Appreciate my co workers so much after I read all of this. If someone, especially at work, tried to tell me how to eat or said something negative about what I was eating I would flip
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Not frustrated, really. I wish I could help them, but I've learned that people won't accept the right kind of help until they're ready. It does make me a touch sad at times, though.