Worst fitness plans ever!

Replies

• spartan_d
    spartan_d Posts: 727 Member
    moyer566 wrote: »
    so long as their moving. the ones who want to do more will do more. I'm not to judge anyone. what I do might seem like nothing to a lot of the people here
    Using that logic, one can do a single bicep curl each morning, then say, "At least I'm moving!" An effort that's next nothing is worth, well, next to nothing.

Besides, it's one thing to say that they're at least moving somewhat. It's yet another thing to actually recommend putting in some minimal effort. Even an absolute beginner can do much more than just ten crunches.

And of course, none of that justifies saying that chillaxing in a tanning bed qualifies as exercise. Sitting in a massage chair will do virtually nothing as well, especially for such low-effort workout programs like these.

• northdog
    northdog Posts: 43 Member
    Why would you need to join a gym? You can do the majority of those things in your living room. I think beginners should just invest in a pair of walking shoes.

• paris458
    paris458 Posts: 231 Member
    I dont know, besides the tanning I think that is good for someone I know that barely moves. I keep trying to get them to take short 10 minute walks through out the day. any one who moves throughout the day though is not going to benefit from doing this at all
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    LMAO. That's like saying that getting out of bed is a fitness routine. Those "plans" aren't even a warmup... and TANNING? Seriously?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    spartan_d wrote: »
    moyer566 wrote: »
    so long as their moving. the ones who want to do more will do more. I'm not to judge anyone. what I do might seem like nothing to a lot of the people here
    Using that logic, one can do a single bicep curl each morning, then say, "At least I'm moving!" An effort that's next nothing is worth, well, next to nothing.

Besides, it's one thing to say that they're at least moving somewhat. It's yet another thing to actually recommend putting in some minimal effort. Even an absolute beginner can do much more than just ten crunches.

And of course, none of that justifies saying that chillaxing in a tanning bed qualifies as exercise. Sitting in a massage chair will do virtually nothing as well, especially for such low-effort workout programs like these.

All those days should say till failure and see how many folks go to failure.
  • yopeeps025
    paris458 wrote: »
    I dont know, besides the tanning I think that is good for someone I know that barely moves. I keep trying to get them to take short 10 minute walks through out the day. any one who moves throughout the day though is not going to benefit from doing this at all

Is this is a good workout for post surgery? Other then that I feel bad for people who get so out of shape that this is a workout to them. It's like wow have you really not care about your health enough.
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Wow, I thought my bf was joking when he said they gave out free pizza at Planet Fitness. How counterproductive, wtf smh
  • paris458
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Is this is a good workout for post surgery? Other then that I feel bad for people who get so out of shape that this is a workout to them. It's like wow have you really not care about your health enough.

People do get to the point where they dont care anymore. I didnt say anything about surgery. They have to start some where and I think once they accomplish that workout maybe they feel proud and move up the next week or month. maybe that is point of it. I know if its too hard so many people will be like I cant do this and quit. So you make it easy for people to feel accomplished. It's definitely not for the normal person because we can do alot more.
  • yopeeps025

People do get to the point where they dont care anymore. I didnt say anything about surgery. They have to start some where and I think once they accomplish that workout maybe they feel proud and move up the next week or month. maybe that is point of it. I know if its too hard so many people will be like I cant do this and quit. So you make it easy for people to feel accomplished. It's definitely not for the normal person because we can do alot more.

And I need you to talk about surgery before I mention it?
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Wait, are you all seriously saying that there's a gym that won't let people do deadlifts (Why??) and hands out free pizza and lets people eat said pizza while exercising? How is this a real place? :o
  • paris458

And I need you to talk about surgery before I mention it?

No, I was confused about what you were saying.
  • yopeeps025
    Wait, are you all seriously saying that there's a gym that won't let people do deadlifts (Why??) and hands out free pizza and lets people eat said pizza while exercising? How is this a real place? :o

They added jump roping to the ban list too from what I hear.

• Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    I am a one month member at planet fitness and I don't see any of what people complain about here. I dead lift often. They do have a weight limit on it but fortunately I am not close to maximum. I have yet to see the lunk alarm go off although I am waiting for it. The pizza? Why is it a problem? It is once a month and the reward of pizza is enough to get my daughter running her butt off. A good thing. Tanning is crap but they have the red light therapy which cleared up a skin problem I had in a very short time. Hydromassage rules.

Very heavy people are so uncomfortable in a 'regular' gym, myself included.

I did have an employee say 'you are in here all the time " like it was a bad thing. That I didn't like. But I am in much better shape than I was.

Is is hokey? Yes. Are there fat people there? Yes. Does it work if you go? Yes.

The original workouts that are posted here are crazy stupid though.
  • yopeeps025
    I am a one month member at planet fitness and I don't see any of what people complain about here. I dead lift often. They do have a weight limit on it but fortunately I am not close to maximum. I have yet to see the lunk alarm go off although I am waiting for it. The pizza? Why is it a problem? It is once a month and the reward of pizza is enough to get my daughter running her butt off. A good thing. Tanning is crap but they have the red light therapy which cleared up a skin problem I had in a very short time. Hydromassage rules.

I did have an employee say 'you are in here all the time " like it was a bad thing. That I didn't like. But I am in much better shape than I was.

What is the deadlift weight limit?

• QueenKristine77
    QueenKristine77 Posts: 67 Member
    Sounds like the GTL Jersey Shore workout, sans the "Laundry" hahaha i crack myself up
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member

Not sure. I am not even half way down the rack of what I can pick up. I will look tonight.
  • yopeeps025

Not sure. I am not even half way down the rack of what I can pick up. I will look tonight.

IDK how many times you go there but something tells me if you had a five day per week routine there staff would look at you differently as in "Why do you keep working out. This is not the Planet fitness clientele." I heard the membership is so cheap that if everyone ( like how people should workout 3x a week at least)went they would not really profit.
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    I am a Planet Fitness member, but I do not follow any of these "plans" that they have, and I don't utilize their free tanning.

I do 50mins cardio, followed by a 30-40 weights session, working different muscle groups... I have never attended their "free pizza" night, nor their free breakfast either... I just don't get why they do it.

One of the many downfalls of the gym, is that some of their employees are not well trained in the machines they have(I saw one employee teaching a member how to use one machine, and they had terrible form... Hence why I always check videos online if I am not sure how to do a move)...

I do say that for the cost, it's worth it for me (It's literally in the same plaza as my job, so I'm not going out of my way to get there), but I am looking to find a new gym once my membership is up this fall, and hopefully I can join one that has classes or at least just more knowledgeable employees!

And to add, that plan just sounds crazy. I would not consider tanning a "workout"... :/
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member

61cK0%2BhYLRL._SL1252_.jpg
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member

Some are corporate owned. Some are franchised, so the rules can vary a small bit. Many of them have banned it outright.

Glad you're able to get the deadlifts done.