• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    In for July for 60 miles! :)

June 1st - 3.2 miles

Total - 3.2 miles

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    7/1 - took the 0-fer today after taking my wife to the ER at midnight, I slept in :/
    7/2 - 5 miles on a perfect morning for a run in DSM...you all should be jealous!

exercise.png

@7lenny7 - you should celebrate any moment your total is ahead of @Stoshew71 !!

Love seeing all the new folks joining the challenge!! Welcome!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    I am in for 100 miles this month!

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    7/1 - 3.3 miles - usually my rest day, but keeping my streak alive (3 more days!)
    7/2 - 4.6 miles while eating lots of breakfast gnats yuck!

7.9 of 100 miles

exercise.png
  • mandync5497
    mandync5497 Posts: 56 Member
    Last month my goal was 10 and I didn't complete that due to a family death and going back home for funeral and family. This month I will push myself and set my goal for 20 miles. exercise.png
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    edited July 2015
    Did 55 in May, 83 in June, shooting for 100 in July...

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    @karllundy how is the Mrs?
    @elise4270 I live a couple miles from @stoshew71 and he's so right, if you drive 15 mins in almost any direction it gets a bit "country". I have a great neighbor, but for the love of God I can't understand him half the time he talks to me. I need a Southern translator.
    @honunui wow what a great picture
    @7lenny7 too funny about being ahead of Stoshew71, come race with him all I see is the back of him while he leaves me in the dust ha ha!!! Hope the achilles is feeling better today.
    @drmartz55 you just started a few weeks ago and did your first 5K already...fantastic :star:
  • KOW75
    KOW75 Posts: 92 Member
    And off we go!

exercise.png
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    July 1 - Rest day (sort of - helped son & daughter-in-law move and clean old apt for 8 hours)
    July 2 - 2.2

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    7/1 - 12 miles
    7/2 - 6 miles (18 total)

Goal 200 miles

exercise.png

• briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    DATE ... MILES
    7/1 ... 5
    7/2 ... 5.5

10.5/150 goal
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited July 2015
    Stomach wasn't too happy for today's speed work session. I think the lesson is either just not to eat beforehand, or do so more than 1 hour prior.

7/1 - 6 miles
    7/2 - 6 miles (w. 0.25-0.5-0.75-mile-0.75-0.5-0.25 ladder @ 7 min/mile pace)

Total: 12 miles, 1 speedwork session
    Goal: 140 miles, 5 speedwork sessions
    Remaining: 128 miles, 4 speedwork sessions
  • kellyhenly
    kellyhenly Posts: 11 Member
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. This is a continuation from the June (2015) Running Challenge which can be found at:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10174616/june-2015-running-challenge

Anyone can join in. New & Old. And if you found this thread late, you can join in at any time.
    We have members that are total beginners all the way to marathon maniacs and beyond. We are a friendly and encouraging bunch.

Here the details from last month that applies here again.

Anybody want to join me for a running challenge? Set a goal here and mark it every day here. OPTIONAL: You can post your progress by creating a ticker at http://www.tickerfactory.com (If creating ones seems difficult, then don't let that stop you. Just type in your daily miles here.)

You can run, walk, or do treadmill. Just be consistent. I am setting a goal for 180 miles. However, don't let that worry you. Some can do 25, 50; whatever you like. We can help motivate each other. What do you say? if you are new to running, set a low goal.

You can set your goal now but wait until Wednesday July 1st to log your runs.

Also, don't forget to join our group which can be found at:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/21182-monthly-running-challange

There you will find lots of good info, and it's a place where everyone can talk to each other for further motivation. It's also a place to find help when there is a problem with this thread.

*******OPTIONAL TICKER*************
    Info on tickers since I know there will be questions. Sign up for an account http://www.tickerfactory.com and create your ticker.
    Then you need to update it after you do a run and post it here. Here is what you will need to do.

After setting up your ticker, you will need to make note of the weblink they give you so you can return. An example would be:

http://www.tickerfactory.com/exercise/w6K1EiX/ <<<< the last part will be a part of the image link (explained below) that will be supplied to you after you initially create your link.

When you return to TickerFactory with the weblink, go to your settings page. Make sure you type your pin in that you set when you created your ticker account.
    Then where it says "Your current cumlative value, there is an add button. Just add what you just did and the cumlative value automatically changes. Then hit next.

Now after you added your new miles (or km's) to your ticker you need to post it here.

After you hit next, it will give you a bunch of codes suggesting on how to display your ticker.
    Use the one at the bottom where it says Direct Image URL:

It will look something like:
    http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png

To display that correctly in your post, make sure you place the img tags around that link. So it will look, (removing the spaces in the img tags):

[ img ] http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png [ /img ]

^^^^^^^ Don't forget to remove the spaces between the brackets. ^^^^^^^^^^

Some key things to pay attention to when posting your ticker.

1: Use the link that ends in .png
    2. Remember the [ img] and [ /img] tags go in between the link
    3. remove the spaces in the img tags before posting
    4. YES, there is a / in the second /img tag

Good luck! And happy running (or walking or treadmilling, ect). If you have any trouble or have questions, please feel free to PM me.

Stan

• Chrissy_1516
    Chrissy_1516 Posts: 639 Member
    Hi Folks!
    I stumbled across this group at the end of June and since a couple girls from work and I doing the same challenge, I thought I would join here to for more motivation!

I operate in the world of Kilometers and my goal is a 100 km this month.

So far:
    July 1: 6.84 kms
    July 2: 3.87 kms

Total: 10.71 kms
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,468 Member
    I'm revising my goal. I looked over my training plan for the month, and how much I ran last month, and realize 70 miles is too low. I'm bumping it up to 80 miles.

As of now:

6.3 miles down
    73.7 miles to go
  • bbandme
    bbandme Posts: 90 Member
    Only 1.1 tonight but I guess it's a start. I just felt like lead, I did kettlebells yesterday and some cycling earlier so maybe it just wasn't meant to be a running day today. Still, I'm off the mark for the month :smile:

exercise.png[img][/img]
  • bigorangemichael
    bigorangemichael Posts: 27 Member
    I'm going to try for 130 miles in July. I've had a great month in June, but the weather cooperated. I figure at some point, there will be some rain that slows me down.

Forgot to include a tracker. I've got one now.

exercise.png

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    @karllundy how is the Mrs?

Doing OK, thanks for asking! She has rheumatoid arthritis and between the illness and the immunosuppressive drugs she takes, she is very prone to infections. Has a pretty nasty kidney infection and it was making her dizzy, nauseous, etc. So, when she got off work at midnight, I took her in.