How to create a BASIC Vision Boards for Weight Loss..STEP #1

VisionBoardCoach
VisionBoardCoach Posts: 43 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
So how do you begin a vision board for weight loss anyway?
I suggest beginning with setting a specific goal. Take me for example. When I began this process I wanted to lose 55 pounds, and I tried everything. Then I decided to try a vision board. I figured since I coach others, why not try it out for myself? So I took my goal of 55 pounds and I asked myself a question.
I want to be .. then I determined my goal weight. I asked myself, what does 130 pounds look like on me? Then I closed my eyes and envisioned myself at that weight. In order to create the perfect vision board, you must first be very clear on the vision you are trying to achieve. Many WANT to lose weight, but if you ask them what that will look like on you, do you know? Being clear on this is the first step.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• jmd543
    jmd543 Posts: 174 Member
    I think visualization is very effective. I look forward to starting my board this afternoon. We are moving next month to a place I've wanted to live for 20 years, and it will inspire many items on the board (e.g., riding a standard bike on the bike trail once my knees improve). Thank you for starting this group.
  • VisionBoardCoach
    VisionBoardCoach Posts: 43 Member
    jmd543 wrote: »
    I think visualization is very effective. I look forward to starting my board this afternoon. We are moving next month to a place I've wanted to live for 20 years, and it will inspire many items on the board (e.g., riding a standard bike on the bike trail once my knees improve). Thank you for starting this group.

You are SO WELCOME!

and you're also very correct in stating that visualization is very effective.. it's a very important part of creating a vision board.. a vision board works as a bridge.... it assists in bringing the vision you hold in your mind.. across the rivers.. (whether calm waters or emotional turbulent waters) to land/or tangible creation..reality. Granted you have to drive across... take action, but they are wonderful tools for success. Please let me know if you have any specific questions or assistance in deciding style, type, etc. :-) That's what this group is for. I'll be posting the steps of vision board creation .... all the way through to manifesting.