Pre Workouts Drinks

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Is this for repairing muscles?

No.
  • W8PushaD
    W8PushaD Posts: 18 Member
    Mr Hyde. Best ever. If you don't make gains or get pumped off that. You might as well quit. I just came off that stuff and its ridiculous!! Loved it
  • BradW99
    BradW99 Posts: 103 Member
    @Imaharidge I'm talking about the original, first formula, DMAA containing, now banned Jack3d. When I heard it was changing, I bought 10 tubs. Lol
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Jim Stoppani's JYM - no jitters, taste isn't bad
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    I want to try C4, any flavor recommendations? I've heard the mojito is a no go...
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    C4 gets so much love on MFP. I wonder why... it's mediocre at best.

Go with Controlled Labs White Flood Reborn, White Pump, or White Rapids
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Body By Vi shakes are awesome for before or after work outs!

I need you to look at this right away!!! (link removed)

Spamming is against the guidelines. I suggest you read them. For lurkers - selling via PMs is also frowned upon and
    should be reported to a moderator.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    I mix my chocolate pure protein powder with prebiotics, probiotics and chia seed with some cold coffee I save in the fridge from the day before and drink that before my 5:30 a.m. workout. I need a little caffeine before my workout due to my inflammation issues (auto-immune disorder). The caffeine helps my muscles warm up faster during my cardio so I am nice and loose for my weight training after my cardio. Yes, I HAVE to do my cardio first before weight training, otherwise it doesn't get done. Plus, I discovered after much trial and error that this is what my body requires to succeed with the weight training.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    dbienz wrote: »
    I want to try C4, any flavor recommendations? I've heard the mojito is a no go...

Fruit Punch and Berry Bomb are the best IMHO. The Mojito is nasty. :s
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Of the two I have tried (On Pre and My Protein Pre), neither of them brought me up and made me motivated/energetic/focused/pumped etc, but both seemed to make me tired, jittery and slightly depressed a few hours later. The posotives were pretty non existent and the negatives were noticable and rubbish. I don't drink coffee so don't have a tolerance to caffeine either. I just don't like how I react to them.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    I see C4 is popular. Looked up the ingredients. It has vitamins and caffine with low doses of amino acids. I just make my own with those separate items and ones i like for a lot less...
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    I took 2 scoops of C4 today... couldn't stop laughing for some reason. Pump was real good though, probably going to stick to 1 scoop though.. I am not made of money ;)
  • Nathan121383
    Nathan121383 Posts: 49 Member
    On epiq power right now. I like it pretty good. Taste isn't the best but have gotten good results out of it. I usually get immune to them but haven't yet on this one. I wanna try jym next.
  • slideaway1
    I took 2 scoops of C4 today... couldn't stop laughing for some reason. Pump was real good though, probably going to stick to 1 scoop though.. I am not made of money ;)

It annoys me that Pre Workouts seem to agree with people lol. I wish I was having fun in the gym! The two that I brought I used for about three days and are still nearly full in my cupboard (about £40 worth). I hate the anxious comedown. I always feel great after a workout (without them), on these things I feel really down and tired. I'm fine with things like RedBull, Monster etc.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    slideaway1 wrote: »

It annoys me that Pre Workouts seem to agree with people lol. I wish I was having fun in the gym! The two that I brought I used for about three days and are still nearly full in my cupboard (about £40 worth). I hate the anxious comedown. I always feel great after a workout (without them), on these things I feel really down and tired. I'm fine with things like RedBull, Monster etc.

The previous time I used 1.5 scoops.. didn't really do much. 1 scoops seemed to do a lot... it's pretty odd.

You can always give me those PWO's ;)
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 wrote: »

The previous time I used 1.5 scoops.. didn't really do much. 1 scoops seemed to do a lot... it's pretty odd.

You can always give me those PWO's ;)

Lol, your welcome to them mate.
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    I ordered some jym, I'd heard it wasn't quite so "in your face" as some other pre's. Looking forward to trying it. Hoping for more focus and just a bit of an energy boost rather than feeling hulk like :p
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    BPI sports 1.m.r is my favorite right now. No jitters, just focus.
  • chismmegan
    chismmegan Posts: 45 Member
    I'm using C4 - Watermelon. Tastes alright..until I worked out too hard awhile back and threw it up. Can't stand the taste now. I have to use just a little water and take it like a shot.
  • biziebun
    biziebun Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2015
    I currently use the fruit punch in C4 and I like the taste. I'm happy with the energy it provides, but then again, I'm wondering if it's my mind placing tricks on me. I'm thinking of trying to go without it for a workout, but then again, will my mind play tricks on me...I guess I'm stuck taking it.