Having a big urge to binge on 20 chicken mcnuggets

Plus like a whole mess of ranch dressing. I'd only have to budget like, around 1200 calories or so, including the ranch, right? No problem....

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    That's the spirit.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    I think I ate 20 chicken nuggets not long ago... tasted good.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    960 for the nuggets and 240 for 4oz of ranch dressing. Yep, that's the correct calorie count.

If you're seriously looking at a binge, I'd make sure that these 1200 calories are going to be your best option. I could think of a lot of things better than McNuggets. :-)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Do you. I enjoy some nuggets.
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    I find that once I have hit my calories for the day whatever food I ate to get there it's not very hard to stop there and pick up in the morning. What issues I do have are due to compulsion rather than hunger.

Nothing wrong with it, just don't make it a daily alternative to a good diet.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    DrEnalg wrote: »
    Plus like a whole mess of ranch dressing. I'd only have to budget like, around 1200 calories or so, including the ranch, right? No problem....

Isn't that just a meal? Not a binge?
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    I just binged on proscuitto. I know that is a weird binge, but I could not wrap the rest up.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Go ahead and have some gross food every now and then. I ate two quesaritos and an ice cream cone the other day and made it fit. We didn't even have to call a plumber afterward. See? It all works out.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member

Oh lord. I wish! That's almost a whole day for me
  • Dex37
    Dex37 Posts: 55 Member
    I have only eaten fast food twice this year. It does not appeal to me and I only ate it out of desperation. The cravings for s**t food is gone as long as I eat every 3hrs. If I wait too long though, I tend not to care about my diet.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Eat some yummy rotisserie chicken instead. who knows what they even put in those things.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Girlfriend and I made a big pot of whole wheat pasta with mushrooms, EVO, and romano cheese instead. I had a nice deficit built up and had a very good-size bowl of the stuff. YUM
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    edited July 2015

If this were me I would give myself permission to eat that...just not today.

If I still felt like it tomorrow then I would have it but by that time the strong desire has usually faded to nothing.

In any event, depending on your TDEE, you could incorporate that meal into a day and still end up with a deficit depending on how you eat for the rest of the day or break even. Obviously if it starts becoming a habit there may be a problem but every so often is not that worrying.
  • Timelordlady85
    Girlfriend and I made a big pot of whole wheat pasta with mushrooms, EVO, and romano cheese instead. I had a nice deficit built up and had a very good-size bowl of the stuff. YUM

sounds like a way better alternative to chicken mcnuggets. :)
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member

I think the McNuggets sound better
  • QueenKristine77
    QueenKristine77 Posts: 67 Member
    if it fits in your calories for the day and you really want it then GO FOR IT! You only live once.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member

as a recovering binge eater, i agree. not a binge if its planned and counted, just a luxurious meal.
  • randomtai

Not at all.
  • Timelordlady85
    to each their own. everyone has an opinion, you are not being forced to agree with me...
  • randomtai
    to each their own. everyone has an opinion, you are not being forced to agree with me...

K.