Blood type A

I want to do the diet for your blood type. I have a wheat allergy so it's funny my blood type can't tolerate it lol so i thought sister reading the book maybe I should try it. I'm type A so basically says I need a vegetarian diet and I have been vegetarian before. But after living in tx for a few yrs I find it so hard to give it up. is there a way to ease into it? Like meat every other day, etc. I feel myself craving it at the end of the day. Dinner is when I usually cave :/ lol
I honestly can't remember before how I digit, I know I digit because I was running cross country and it made me feel better.
Any suggestions? And has anyone tried this change in eating habits for your blood type?

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    I haven't tried to change my eating habits for my blood type but I have epstein bar and so I also have to eat a vegetarian diet. I live in Texas too so I feel your pain! Its so hard to stick to it when everyone around you is eating a steak! I would start out just cutting red meat out of your diet. Its hard but you would be surprised how delicious a veggie burger can be! After a while you will get used to it. I never crave meat anymore just because of how sick it makes me.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    I'm A+ and still eat meat, always have always will. I reduced red meat just because I realized I don't really like it much.

I just think the blood type ones are gimmicks like any other gimmick diet IMO. A true allergy is different.
  • ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Well red meat I really don't have a problem because it makes me feel sick. I'm a total chicken person. And it's weird but I honestly feel gross thinking about eating a bird ugh and I eat veggie burgers almost every day lol love em! I don't like the sodium though
  • MJStory
    MJStory Posts: 42
    I have type A blood, as do all of my immediate family. We eat meat just fine, and I've never heard of being vegetarian because of blood type. I like vegetarian fare when it's available, and I like eating nuts and cheese in preference to meat, but also eat chicken & beef. No problems with anyone in our family. I'm familiar with vegetarian diets, and grains are usually in many meat substitutes; that could include wheat. Egg-fu-yong might be a good choice for you. Chinese food usually uses rice flour instead of wheat flour; it takes a while to get used to cooking with it, but it's good stuff. Chinese also use small pieces of meat in some of their dishes; that would help you transition into vegetarian diet without shock. I hope this is useful for you.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    if you're trying to go veggie, maybe start by doing "meatless Mondays" or something. i am easing into vegetarianism slowly. so far, no meat this week!
  • stevedolenec
    stevedolenec Posts: 4 Member
    Day 2 1 kilo down

ginny1214 wrote: »
    I want to do the diet for your blood type. I have a wheat allergy so it's funny my blood type can't tolerate it lol so i thought sister reading the book maybe I should try it. I'm type A so basically says I need a vegetarian diet and I have been vegetarian before. But after living in tx for a few yrs I find it so hard to give it up. is there a way to ease into it? Like meat every other day, etc. I feel myself craving it at the end of the day. Dinner is when I usually cave :/ lol
    I honestly can't remember before how I digit, I know I digit because I was running cross country and it made me feel better.
    Any suggestions? And has anyone tried this change in eating habits for your blood type?

• MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    This thread is 4 years old
    and
    Your blood type has about as much bearing on your diet as your horoscope has on your love life.

Well that explains the lack of pouncing and shredding ;)

It's actually interesting...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    MFP in ye olde tymes was so derpy. Oh, wait....
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited July 2015
    I know, right? I can't believe people are still doing this nonsense...
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    This thread is 4 years old
    and
    Your blood type has about as much bearing on your diet as your horoscope has on your love life.

Yeah, because I'd still be a virgin if it did ... Wait, that's my astrological sign. Nevermind. O_O
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    I gave up on the blood type diet when I found out being Rheses positive did not mean I could eat unlimited rheses pieces, or even unlimited rheses monkeys.
    0 /10 would not diet again.