Little bit o'sabotage???

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    MlleKelly wrote: »
    Do you bite your thumb, sir?

No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I bite my thumb, sir!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    seabee78 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I've never had an Egg McMuffin but now I really want to try one to see what the hype is about

I had one once because a friend kept raving about them.

It was disgusting. Really nauseating.

How is an Egg McMuffin any different than if you had breakfast at home: 1 English muffin, 1 sl. ham/back bacon, 1 egg, 1 slice cheese (product). That's even smaller than what I'd eat at home because I'd cook 2 eggs.

Exactly. Thank you.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

Do you quarrel, sir?
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    And now I want to make a breakfast sandwich and bread just won't cut it. I think buttermilk biscuits are in order this weekend fo' sho'.
  • TriciaCh
    TriciaCh Posts: 15 Member
    I prefer the sausage McMuffin or the burrito...I rarely have them but once in a great while it does hit the spot
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Egg McMuffin is about as healthy as drive-thru breakfasts can get, honestly. I don't see why that's sabotage, I see it as something to keep in mind if I'm ever out in a rush.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Rerun201 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why, on a site where I track calories in my efforts to lose weight, I am, right at this very moment, staring at a McDonald's breakfast banner across the top of this page? An Egg McMuffin and small coffee. Really. Something loaded with enough fat, cholesterol and sodium to last a normal person for the whole day. And I'm quite certain it's not a cookie in the browser of my computer. I never surf to McDonald's.

It's to turn you off breakfast.

If I saw that as my banner, I'd feel sick ... as I do whenever I see any mention of McDonald's breakfasts ... and wouldn't want anything to eat for several hours. :)

Agreed. Just the smell of McDonald's makes me gag a little. I haven't eaten there since I was a little kid. Gross.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Do you quarrel, sir?

Something's about to go down up in here. Quick! Call the mods!
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Rerun201 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why, on a site where I track calories in my efforts to lose weight, I am, right at this very moment, staring at a McDonald's breakfast banner across the top of this page? An Egg McMuffin and small coffee. Really. Something loaded with enough fat, cholesterol and sodium to last a normal person for the whole day. And I'm quite certain it's not a cookie in the browser of my computer. I never surf to McDonald's.

Well, I will not succumb to temptation! Up yours, McDonald's. I shall drive past you on my way into work. I shall not stop. I shall not travel your drive-through. I shall bite my thumb at thee...okay, maybe just for coffee, but that's it.

290 cal, 11g fat, 730mg sodium, 17g protein? That amount of fat is less than 20% of my daily goal, and it’s not that much sodium at all. I find McMuffins to be pretty good nutritional bang for your caloric buck.
  • StacyJ8888
    StacyJ8888 Posts: 23 Member
    I lost a ton of weight in high school(and shortly after) while working and eating two meals a day at McD's..my favorite? Chicken sandwich with mac sauce and sweet and sour sauce(disgusting, but somehow worked for me back then..mac sauce and sweet and sour was good dipping sauce for fries too). I was walking a lot, I was running around for my entire shift. As long as you work around it and make adjustments it's probably no worse than any of the processed stuff people buy at the grocery stores.

I am gluten free now and to be honest the smell of a McDonalds now turns my stomach as I remember having cooked finger tips and smelling like french fries and re-con onions all of the time. If I do go, I eat a yogurt parfait(no granola) and I might have an iced coffee ..but I haven't been there since I started logging on MFP.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I quite like an Egg McMuffin every now and then. Generally I avoid them though, because I'll find myself ordering a hash brown too.

Yes exactly this. I like McMuffins and think they are a good breakfast choice. But the hash browns... They are my kryptonite lol
  • elkhunter7x6
    elkhunter7x6 Posts: 88 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I'm sorry but

300 Calories
    17g Protein
    13g Fat
    31g Carbs
    750mg Sodium

is not bad for breakfast in terms of weight loss .. if you like that kind of thing

I do, but I make my own with wheat muffin. Mine are 340 calories.

• TehBunny
    TehBunny Posts: 6 Member
    What got me a few times is the Egg McMuffin may only be 300 calories but I made the mistake of getting the Sausage and Egg McMuffin which is 500.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I prefer their breakfast burrito myself...scrambled eggs, peppers, sausage, cheese are wrapped up and warm....

Burrito over the muffin any day.

So you guys prefer scrambled liquid egg product spiked with sausage and traces of green pepper and "cheese" lost in an excessively large flat bread to a nicely poached freshly cracked large egg served with Canadian bacon and a slice of "cheese", served on a perfectly sized and beautifully toasted English muffin?

Oh, the humanity!

Yes...Yes I do. It's the english muffin...if it was a biscuit maybe...aka Tim's breakfast sandwich.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    North44 wrote: »
    I quite like an Egg McMuffin every now and then. Generally I avoid them though, because I'll find myself ordering a hash brown too.

Yes exactly this. I like McMuffins and think they are a good breakfast choice. But the hash browns... They are my kryptonite lol

OMG try putting the hashbrown on the Egg McMuffin Its heaven - still only 450 calories for the whole thing :)
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Ads are based on your internet history so . . . you're the one to blame, really.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    TehBunny wrote: »
    What got me a few times is the Egg McMuffin may only be 300 calories but I made the mistake of getting the Sausage and Egg McMuffin which is 500.

Gasp....sausage is NEVER a mistake!!!
  • QueenKristine77
    QueenKristine77 Posts: 67 Member
    panda4153 wrote: »
    North44 wrote: »

OMG try putting the hashbrown on the Egg McMuffin Its heaven - still only 450 calories for the whole thing :)

Oh now i have to try this! Hashbrown ON the McMuffin!

• Ck103084
    Ck103084 Posts: 139 Member
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Ck103084 wrote: »
    tyk9l5e2q0xw.jpg

Always one. Oh lawd. Stop.