Unexpected results of weight loss

Replies

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    woodybush wrote: »
    When I lie in bed on my side and my knees are so boney against each other... so uncomfortable!! Had to start sleeping with a pillow between my legs

@woodybush I found a tolerable position when the upper-leg's knee rests on the bottom-leg's calf and the calf bone crosses the lower-leg's foot right by the ankle - You have to fiddle with the right angles, but it'll click after a while :smile:

Freaky... I'm lying exactly how you describe right now... :worried:

I've never been very big but get back pain frequently at night....that works REALLY well! How have I not figured that out on my own? lol.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Oh, and as for me...I'm back to bringing jackets to every restaurant again. :) I was a sweaty mess when I was 20lbs heavier.
  • Sassymama66_75HARD
    Sassymama66_75HARD Posts: 91 Member
    bump
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    It may be hard to believe, but I feel kind of sad that I can no longer buy from certain stores. The smallest band available for my favorite bra is too big, and I have to work really hard to find a decent T-shirt because most of woman's T-shirt's sleeves are too short for my comfort, and too short overall. I sometimes feel like I'm doomed to boxy mens T-shirts forever, which is sad because I like my curves.

I can relate to not being able to shop in certain stores. I really like the bras and underwear and I am about 10 pounds away from not being able to buy them there anymore. I have already transitioned to Victoria's Secret a little, but their bras are so expensive and I like a little more coverage usually.

About your shirts, I know some stores like Gap sell women's tall shirts. Maybe that would work for you?
  • raregem99
    raregem99 Posts: 88 Member
    bumppp
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    missh1967 wrote: »
    I nearly had a panic attack recently thinking I had thyroid cancer or a large tumor in my neck.

Well no. I just don't have a bunch of neck fat covering my trachea. :D

lol that is awesome. I thought I had some kind of bony growth on my back one day and it was my spine.

I'm loving this. Still a long way for me to go, but I'm really looking forward to seeing some of my insides from the outside. :wink:
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    edited July 2015
    Not all size 11 blue jeans are created equally!!! For example.. A size 11 from kohls fits me whereas a size 11 from hollister won't even go up past my hips.. I guess I have a new goal lol
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    jennlaw89 wrote: »
    Not all size 11 blue jeans are created equally!!! For example.. A size 11 from kohls fits me whereas a size 11 from hollister won't even go up past my hips.. I guess I have a new goal lol

Women's sizes are awful for that. They are all over the place, I have three sizes of pants in my closet that all fit at the same time. Its crazy
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    I had to get my wedding ring resized down. Jeweler stated that he had never had to do that before in his career.
  • lucyholdcroft363
    lucyholdcroft363 Posts: 124 Member
    My asthma that I have suffered with since I was about 3 years old has completely vanished!
    I have to wear a coat now as it can get pretty chilly!
    I bruise a lot more easily...especially on my arms!
    I LOVE exercise. It makes me feel fantastic and I look forward to it.
    Clothes shopping is a treat rather than a nightmare, I love getting new things for myself.
    I don't have to untie shoes to fit my ankles into them anymore...
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    woodybush wrote: »
    When I lie in bed on my side and my knees are so boney against each other... so uncomfortable!! Had to start sleeping with a pillow between my legs

@woodybush I found a tolerable position when the upper-leg's knee rests on the bottom-leg's calf and the calf bone crosses the lower-leg's foot right by the ankle - You have to fiddle with the right angles, but it'll click after a while :smile:

Freaky... I'm lying exactly how you describe right now... :worried:

I've never been very big but get back pain frequently at night....that works REALLY well! How have I not figured that out on my own? lol.

Glad I could be of service - learned it the hard way - last year around this time of July I fell asleep in a sleeping bag not knowing the above, I woke up late in the night in excruciating pain, not being able to stand up and walk, with bruises on the sides of my knees :#
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Alidecker wrote: »
    jennlaw89 wrote: »

Women's sizes are awful for that. They are all over the place, I have three sizes of pants in my closet that all fit at the same time. Its crazy

Yeah it's definitely crazy! Sizes should match up no matter what brand they are :neutral: it makes shopping so difficult sometimes.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I had to get my wedding ring resized down. Jeweler stated that he had never had to do that before in his career.

unfortunately mine's made of surgical steel - can't be resized, have to be careful in winter.. :/
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    CSARdiver wrote: »

unfortunately mine's made of surgical steel - can't be resized, have to be careful in winter.. :/

My jeweler placed a "cleat" inside of my ring. It is virtually invisible and springy, so it will continue to adapt to my smaller and smaller fingers! Now I can wait until I have reached final goal and only have it resized once! This cost less than $50! Bonus...it keeps your rings from spinning around, so your gems are always on display!
  • bfisher31286
    bfisher31286 Posts: 1 Member
    I have this problem where the things in my pockets are no longer pressed against me and I contstantly have to check if they are there. I have checked for my cell phone and wallet seriously over 50 times today.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    i
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I love this!!

Really the main one is the brain! I still have no idea how much space I take up and I always bring the wrong clothes into the dressing room. I still look at myself in the mirror knowing I've lost 115 pounds but I still see a 320 pound girl. Come on brain, you're killin me!

Look up "cortical homunculus", not only because it's hilarious to say that even in your head, but it's a map that your brain makes of your body in order to position you in and move you through space. It takes time to update it, so that disconnect you feel is not imaginary! Well I mean it is imaginary but also real...ugh something something consciousness..

Ok I'm only @10 lb down but I've already gone shopping in my closet. Yesterday I dropped off some work pants at the cleaners that I haven't worn in @2 years. It's like winning free clothes!

i love being able to "shop" in my closet. All those clothes that I hoped to wear again someday.. This is motivational for me.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Looking at pics and seeing arm and leg muscles. It's awesome.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    So many old clothes I fit comfortably into now. XXL t-shirts have a lot more room, and my shorts keep wanting to slide off!
  • frontdoorangel
    frontdoorangel Posts: 34 Member
    Realizing that my weight actually matches the number on my driver license :#

Haha! This.
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    KevannC wrote: »
    Maybe tmi LOL but for the guys... I've lost 85 so far and the weiner is more revealed hahahhahahaha

Yeah, tmi, but...my husband lost a lot of weight & it doesn't just look bigger. :o
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!