From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Replies

• mustangtiff21
    mustangtiff21 Posts: 21 Member
    Amazing work!! Do tou stick to the cals recommended by MFP? Amazed that tou dont lift entirely heavy and have awesome definition. Ive started lifting heavy and all im doing is adding weight and pants are getting tight. Ugh.
  • crecynthia
    crecynthia Posts: 8 Member
    Amazing job!
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    @gemmi33 and @79dawn: That's awesome, girls! Way to go. And don't forget your protein afterwards!!! :wink:

I want to start "work out with me" videos eventually too! Hopefully soon. Maybe a series by muscle groups or something like that.. Not sure yet. Maybe even 20-30 min, full work outs!! Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out. :sweat_smile:

That would've amazing!
  • momamia3
    momamia3 Posts: 53 Member
    momamia3 wrote: »
    Hello. I read almost every comment on this post... and I agree you are one dedicated lady.. I have been struggling my whole life. at 32 I am the heaviest I have ever been. .. I have to get in shape . I am 5'3" 1/2 and 225lbs... I am a mom of 2 boys. .. how did you change ur will power and stay motivated .. .I know I am the only one who can change my habits. .... I took before picture and was shocked .that should b more then enough to keep me on track this time.

I feel for you because I was close to where you are now, minus 20lbs.. You just have to go for it and not look back!

I have my daughter but I also had a son. He was 10 years old when he suddenly passed in 2010. Sometimes, the deeper the pain, the more fight there is in us. I encourage you to do this for yourself and for your 2 boys who are here with you. We don't want to waste our lives away in a depression and somber day after the next.

You have it in you, you just have to dig deep and make up your mind that you want this, that you CAN do it and that you WILL do it. :heart:
    Wow. I am so sorry for ur loss .. I couldn't imagine how hard that would be.... my oldest son is almost 9... u must truly b a strong woman.. and again great job on the weightloss. And it's people like u who will inspire many other to believe in themselves. ....I will be having a look at the u tube links below .....
    thanks so much.
  • WantBestME
    WantBestME Posts: 128 Member
    Amazing!! You look stunning... I am close to my ideal weight but i need to toneup.. you are a great inspiration..I'd love to see ur plan but i am unable to read about ur complete journey.. that link isn't working...can you please check? :(
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Hello. I read almost every comment on this post... and I agree you are one dedicated lady.. I have been struggling my whole life. at 32 I am the heaviest I have ever been. .. I have to get in shape . I am 5'3" 1/2 and 225lbs... I am a mom of 2 boys. .. how did you change ur will power and stay motivated .. .I know I am the only one who can change my habits. .... I took before picture and was shocked .that should b more then enough to keep me on track this time.

I feel for you because I was close to where you are now, minus 20lbs.. You just have to go for it and not look back!

I have my daughter but I also had a son. He was 10 years old when he suddenly passed in 2010. Sometimes, the deeper the pain, the more fight there is in us. I encourage you to do this for yourself and for your 2 boys who are here with you. We don't want to waste our lives away in a depression and somber day after the next.

You have it in you, you just have to dig deep and make up your mind that you want this, that you CAN do it and that you WILL do it. :heart:
    Wow. I am so sorry for ur loss .. I couldn't imagine how hard that would be.... my oldest son is almost 9... u must truly b a strong woman.. and again great job on the weightloss. And it's people like u who will inspire many other to believe in themselves. ....I will be having a look at the u tube links below .....
    thanks so much.

Thank you. My faith is what makes me strong. :heart:

I hope you enjoy the videos, hope to have the next one posted this weekend. Will be on what I eat and what I feel helped me in regards to my dieting plan for the first year. :smile:
  • GenElizabeth
    edited July 2015
    WantBestME wrote: »
    Amazing!! You look stunning... I am close to my ideal weight but i need to toneup.. you are a great inspiration..I'd love to see ur plan but i am unable to read about ur complete journey.. that link isn't working...can you please check? :(

Thank you! Here is the link to my channel and my strength training routine video (looks like it's working): https://youtube.com/channel/UCcleAGgBB_MHpF9Uyyx6K_Q

I hope you find it helpful! Feel free to ask me anything else that I may not covered! :blush: ... And yes, there is a typo at the beginning, lol. :open_mouth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF5QIMq-Uzc
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    Get it girl! Love weight training and iifym! :D
  • mustangtiff21
    mustangtiff21 Posts: 21 Member
    I watched all of your videos. ..awesome. I left ke your routine. ..simple and effective. Im going to adopt it with a few extras put in. Are your macros still at 35/35/30?
  • GenElizabeth
    edited July 2015
    I watched all of your videos. ..awesome. I left ke your routine. ..simple and effective. Im going to adopt it with a few extras put in. Are your macros still at 35/35/30?

Thank you! My current macros are set at 45p/25c/30f, as of a few weeks ago.

My home routine was only doing so much for me at this point, so I have been lifting heavy at the gym now for about a month and doing a ton of new exercises. Had to adjust to accommodate the higher intensity work outs. :blush:
  • momamia3
    momamia3 Posts: 53 Member
    Love videos..... I changed macros today .. .and I'm going for it workouts start tonight.
    thanks
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Excellent results - based on excellent program - laying foundation for most excellent future.
  • bwilliams66
    bwilliams66 Posts: 2 Member
    Just amazing! I have been having a really hard time getting started on my transformation- you are inspiring!!
  • GenElizabeth

Love videos..... I changed macros today .. .and I'm going for it workouts start tonight.
    thanks

Awesome!! Let me know how it goes for you! :blush:

• GenElizabeth
    edited July 2015
    heybales wrote: »
    Excellent results - based on excellent program - laying foundation for most excellent future.

Thank you, appreciate that. I'm excited about my future now, for sure!

@bwilliams66 Thank you! Believe in yourself!! I wish you best. :smile:
  • mjgrin
    mjgrin Posts: 883 Member
    You absolutely killed it. I'll be coming back to this thread to check out your pictures when I feel like quitting. This is my dream! I want to lose weight, but be fit too!
  • kerryadams21
    kerryadams21 Posts: 11 Member
    heybales wrote: »

Thank you, appreciate that. I'm excited about my future now, for sure!

@bwilliams66 Thank you! Believe in yourself!! I wish you best. :smile:

Day 3 of your lift routine today and extra weights added to my birthday list!

I was wondering in the early days of lifting at home did you use protein shakes/bars?
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Can I just said you were babely before, too?! Like, seriously. You're a babe! And congrats on the strength! I'm sure you feel awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!