Is it okay for men to wear compression shorts alone?

Options
12346»

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    IHrVoices wrote: »

Strong first post on a necro'd thread.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    davemunger wrote: »
    There is a difference between compression shorts and compression underwear.

shorts.png

The shorts on the left are designed to be worn as an outer layer, the underwear on the right are not. That said, it's rather unusual to see compression shorts in the gym. But it wouldn't bother me to see someone wearing the shorts -- the underwear would be a bit of a problem in my book.

I would have to agree with this.

There IS a difference between the two.

I honestly don't have an issue with actual compression shorts. I'm a firm believer in wear what need to be worn and floats your boat.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    To the OP, if you're comfortable in it - go for it. Screw what the negative chickies on this forum think. They probably have their own esteem issues or jealous they don't have the confidence to pull it off themselves.

In fairness, it seems that most - or at least many - of the supporters are in fact females.

Which is a bit of revelation in its own right! :laugh:

Wonder what said females think of compression garments that show a definite camel toe?
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Definitely NO. Wear shorts over the compression underwear
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    i wear cycling shorts (when cycling to/from work). my OH's friends seem to visit a lot more around the time that i'm just getting home.
  • GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't no.
  • gdyment
    gdyment Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I ONLY wear compression shorts when running (indoor or out) or biking. I'll change into compression shorts at the office for a lunch run and no shame walking around. I had no idea it was even a big deal to some people. But at our fitness place there's an indoor track that goes around all the equipment - compression shorts, compression shirt and off we go.

I don't even own baggy shorts. Inner thigh chaffing is the devil.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I wear compression sometimes and I don't wear anything under. I do however, avoid lighter colors as they're more apt to be see through. It depends on the brand and quality though... some are thicker with better stretch, some are not as forgiving.

Haters gonna hate.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    To the OP, if you're comfortable in it - go for it. Screw what the negative chickies on this forum think. They probably have their own esteem issues or jealous they don't have the confidence to pull it off themselves.

In fairness, it seems that most - or at least many - of the supporters are in fact females.

Wonder what said females think of compression garments that show a definite camel toe?

I do my best to avoid it- but it happens. My black pair are like permanently indented- my blue pair are like that but since they are light blue- its' way more obvious.

So what? Still wear both pairs.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »

Necroed thread, but can't resist.

I won't wear that type of garment because it is incredibly uncomfortable. I had a pair with an unfortunately placed seam that rode up that way and tossed them. If some other woman wants to wear them I have no problem with it, though I will be the one standing off to side shaking my head in puzzlement.

For the record, men wearing compression gear (so long as it is opaque) don't faze me. Just don't wear the quasi-see-through stuff. Please.
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    As for asking a man in compression shorts for a spot when benching.... I'd be tempted to but probably should be concentrating 100% on the actual lift....................

Omg, thought this too. Depends on the view though. ;):blush:
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym to oggle other people, and I expect the same in return, so I don't care what you wear as long as its hygienic for the next person to use your equipment. If it's more comfy, knock yourself out!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Are you advertising? Who is your target demographic? Can you pull it off?

Too many variables to comment on this marketing question.