What's everyone currently playing?

Replies

• interrobanger
    interrobanger Posts: 13 Member
    draznyth wrote: »
    Dragon Age Inquisition. Well, replaying it at least. The grinding and fetch quests were obvious in my first playthrough, but on my second it's getting to be a bit unbearable. I think I'm going to skip the Hissing Wastes in this playthrough because urgh. The Forbidden Oasis wrecked me.

Actually getting nostalgia for DA2. I might start up another playthrough for that one after DAI. Also, I'm probably one of the 7 people in the world who enjoyed DA2, so it's nbd for me to replay it again.

oh hey, let's go to the city

oh hey, let's go to the city in the dark

oh hey, let's go to this one area with a ridge and some bandits

oh hey, let's go back to the city

oh hey, let's stay in the same 5 zones the entire game and just change it from night to day

DA2 in a nutshell. anyone else reading this, you're welcome

although this is from the guy who thought DX:IW was a (relatively) worthy successor (and DX is GOAT for me so that's saying a lot), so take all this with a grain of salt

but DA:O is still miles above DA2.

and DA:I I won't even touch after the abysmal user scores and vids I watched. You could just be playing W3 instead...

Won't deny the repetitiveness of the DA2 environments. Other than that, and several other clearly rushed issues due to the extreme time constraints, I had a good ol time with it.

lol. It's a good thing CDPR delayed W3 last year - there are tons of annoying comparisons now, but DAI would have been utterly wrecked if W3 kept its original release date. This is coming from someone who prefers the DA games btw.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    I'm running through the HALO remastered with my 7 year old as my wingman. It is epic!!! We've replayed the final level of 1 and 3 too many times to count.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I don't even get how people hate DA:I. It's so awesome.

Such a huge difference between critic (8.5) and user (5.8) Metacritic scores. Interesting. It's old enough now to be showing up in the discount bins, think I'll pick up a PS4 copy.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited July 2015

I didn't look much at the single player but a friend wanted to 4-man the multiplayer and I watched some videos about the p2w cash shop and almost punched myself in the face. as far as the single player goes, I was already waiting for w3 to drop :tongue:

Mr_Knight wrote: »

Such a huge difference between critic (8.5) and user (5.8) Metacritic scores. Interesting. It's old enough now to be showing up in the discount bins, think I'll pick up a PS4 copy.

also, this. although it's not really that interesting post-GG (post-Gerstmann, really). we all know critics get teh paids for teh metascoerz. I have a friend in game dev (and multiple others have commented on this online) who says his bonus is related directly to the metascore the game gets.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member

Seems like a lot of the 0 reviews are about 1) poor performance on PCs and 2) people who felt like they had to farm a lot. Personally I felt that they provided more than enough side quests that I rarely ever felt like I was farming. I like the busywork in the game, but apparently a lot of people didn't. They want all plot. I prefer breaks from the plot so it worked great for me.
  • FitForL1fe

Seems like a lot of the 0 reviews are about 1) poor performance on PCs and 2) people who felt like they had to farm a lot. Personally I felt that they provided more than enough side quests that I rarely ever felt like I was farming. I like the busywork in the game, but apparently a lot of people didn't. They want all plot. I prefer breaks from the plot so it worked great for me.

DA2 wuch much disappoint after DA:O so I guess that killed it for me. a friend played through DA:I and enjoyed it.

dat w3 doe
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member

DA2 wuch much disappoint after DA:O so I guess that killed it for me. a friend played through DA:I and enjoyed it.

dat w3 doe

Ya well after 8 hours in ER the other day (I'm fine, blah blah kidney stone) I'm pretty certain that my xbox one savings have vanished :( I'll try to resume W2 maybe this weekend.
  • FitForL1fe

dat w3 doe

Ya well after 8 hours in ER the other day (I'm fine, blah blah kidney stone) I'm pretty certain that my xbox one savings have vanished :( I'll try to resume W2 maybe this weekend.

ahhhhh sux

w2 was def awesome...played through it pretty quickly in anticipation of 3. I had a PT that I started and abandoned a year or two back, so I just started a fresh one.
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Elite Dangerous: got it on Steam Sale
    GTA 5 (PC): first PC playthru. I completed it on Xbox360 back in the day
    Witcher 3
    Little bit of HoTS
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    100-150 hours in and still playing Witcher 3. Bought Arkham Knight, which my son finished in 3 days and I told him "Yep, gonna play it as soon as I am done with Witcher 3."

So, I am thinking sometime in 2017. Hey look 47 more question marks just showed up......gotta go see what they are because they are QUESTION MARKS and you can't NOT see what they are!!!!!!
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    100-150 hours in and still playing Witcher 3. Bought Arkham Knight, which my son finished in 3 days and I told him "Yep, gonna play it as soon as I am done with Witcher 3."

So, I am thinking sometime in 2017. Hey look 47 more question marks just showed up......gotta go see what they are because they are QUESTION MARKS and you can't NOT see what they are!!!!!!

I just got my Yen and Cirilla cards, *kitten* don't know what hit them!
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Also, after writing what I was playing I downloaded ChronoTrigger. This will be my first playthru. Some I'm doing that as well.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    I played Elite on the Commodore 64. I might have to give that a try when I upgrade my PC..
  • kikomansauce
    kikomansauce Posts: 59 Member
    Just got The Stanley Parable. UGHHHH.
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    WoW is a staple for me, I play on and off, though lately I'm obsessed with getting my mains to 100. Also still trying to finish Dragon Age 3, Sims 4, and the newest Mortal Kombat. Will have to check out Mercenary Kings.
  • worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Dragon Age Inquisition. So far it's OK. Glad I got it from GameFly though because I would not be interested in owning it.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    I picked up Valkyria Chronicles in the steam sale, but I'm not very good at it so I've been going back to Civ 5 when I get frustrated... I've also been playing some Pokemon in memory of Satoru Iwata :( RIP Mr Iwata. Thank you.
  • galabrielle98
    galabrielle98 Posts: 507 Member
    STWOR!! Gets in the way of exercise. ;)
  • MissKrueger
    MissKrueger Posts: 10 Member
    Fantasy Life on the 3DS, Lego Jurassic World, Splatoon!!!