Weekly chat July 5-11

Replies

• Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    It's 82 here in Edmonton (had to google the conversion; to me that's 28 Celsius) and I just got in from a quick walk. I've discovered a nature trail a couple blocks from my work!! Right smack dab in the middle of an industrial area. Really cool!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited July 2015
    It's 82 here in Edmonton (had to google the conversion; to me that's 28 Celsius) and I just got in from a quick walk. I've discovered a nature trail a couple blocks from my work!! Right smack dab in the middle of an industrial area. Really cool!
    Angefire Edmonton must be quit a town. I have a very good friend in Canada and they go there once a year and spend the weekend. sort of shopping and vacation combined. and here you live there

Could you sign your name to your post
    marie

• italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Hi all. Another very late night for us but i managed to get in 17 k steps! Earned the 15 k badge from my Fitbit. Woo hoo o:)

Mammaxfive - good luck to your DD at Nationals. I just wish they had food at the venues to feed our kids. One of our dances is a National winner and made it to showcase!

Marie- um the other person in the picture is me. I believe having fun, laughing, and smiling can take years off of us mentally and physically.

Goals for the rest of the week are to drink 8 glasses of water (at the least) and get 10k steps each day. Trying to keep to my food plan as hard at it is being away Plan to weigh in when I get home to see how I do.

The best is yet to come tomorrow!

Good night. Rosie
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    [quote="CALIECAT;33174942"

PS I do need a sugar free dressing, Any recommendations
    Marie[/quote]

Hi Marie.... Have you tried the Bolthouse yogurt dressings? They have very low sugar counts all from fruit, no added sugar or artificial sweetners. Lots of flavors, low sodium too. Just an idea.

Tami
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm grumbly at the moment because of sodium and hungry feelings and getting antsy being so close to 200.

I'm really trying not to do any sabotage. So, I'm eating my appropriate amount of calories, but I'm still hungry! This always triggers feelings of being deprived. It makes it a will power battle to not eat more and it can be a very slippery slope if I give in to that urge. Sometimes I can off-set it with a harder workout, but my energy level is also not cooperating as I'm having sleep problems again, so I'm listless and sort of depressed. I was waking every hour or so last night, which I haven't done in months; add to this it's blood week and, emotionally, energy wise, craving wise=Bad combo.

When I get the deprivation feeling I make a special effort to include foods that might not be the best choices but are within parameters calorie wise and I drink more water. So Taco Tuesday wasn't homemade, it was Taco Bell.
    A very high in sodium choice, but it was within my calorie level. The scale went back up to 205, of course.

Last night I had a fabulous Watermelon Romaine and Cheese salad with a fig and orange balsamic not even 300 calories. Unfortunately we were out of feta and I substituted cheddar, but then the cheddar had these nubs that wouldn't grate and I just ate them straight up.

This morning weight is 202.8 so it's coming back down but still higher than start of challenge. I'll see what I can get a grip on this week. I'll probably be JUST FINE. I just wanted to vent and be accountable, to be "real" with you guys about the whole process not being sunshine and rainbows and success for me. It's a conscious every choice effort still the past 7 months, but I am down 40 pounds.

This journey isn't easy, there are days when you don't want to do it anymore, but then I look at the clothes and I look at the scale and I read the success stories and I decide I really want to be the success story more than I want to stay this way. Glad the challenges are here and you guys too!
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Hi Janice. I am in Ketchikan. That is where the Alaskan bush people(who are an absolute joke) were for a year after their boat sank at the dock. Those idiots couldn't survive their way out of a wet paper sack if you drew them directions. But anyway. That is where I am

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited July 2015
    @Eninad 40 pounds in 7 months is AWESOME! (I'm shaking my head and feeling jealous wishing it were me.( sigh)

You are doing all the right things. It will happen for you...maybe not when you want it to, but still, it's coming. Just breathe and hold on.

The scale is not a true measurement, but we all use it as the Holy Grail of Weight Loss, and that sucks! (I just bought a fat loss monitor and will use it in conjunction with the scale when I begin dieting again.)

" I really want to be the success story more than I want to stay this way."

So...grab that mug/jug of water, follow your plan for the day, and you will be JUST FINE. :)

Connie
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    This journey isn't easy, there are days when you don't want to do it anymore, but then I look at the clothes and I look at the scale and I read the success stories and I decide I really want to be the success story more than I want to stay this way. Glad the challenges are here and you guys too!

Eninad- amen sister! We are all cheering you on. Success is our only option.

Up early and went to the grocery store. Our hotel room has a kitchen with stove top and microwave. Fridge is full with salads, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, Yogart, eggs, veggie & cheese tray. Bananas, watermelon and wheat bread on the counter. Still waiting for DD to wake up......

Have a fantastic day! Rosie (currently in Las Vegas)

ulzmja2zprgq.jpg

• Eninad
    Nice shopping Rosie, breakfast is going to be so yummy! Maybe start making some food smells, like toast and he'll rise up.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    I read "Salt, Sugar, Fat----how the food giants hooked us" and learned so much about why processed foods and fast foods made me hungrier instead of satisfying my hunger. While it is true that you can lose weight if you consume fewer calories than you burn, there are a lot of things that you can eat that don't nourish your body or satisfy your hunger.
  • susiederkins21
    susiederkins21 Posts: 29 Member
    I'm in Florida and our air conditioner quit two days ago. I have been keeping up with my workouts, but it's hard to do when you feel like you're going to die from the heat. And cooking...I hope I'm not salting our dinner with my sweat. On the plus side I'm sure all the ice water I'm drinking is fabulous for my body. That's the only plus side I can think of, though. :)
  • Angelfire365
    edited July 2015
    @Eninad - I can't wait until you hit 199. . . . there's going to be such a huge (forum) party!!!

@CALIECAT - I love everything but the drivers, lol!! It's got a hell of a music scene, festivals and parties left right and center, and so many things to see and do, many of which I haven't even seen/done yet! Of course the downside is that most of this is jammed into the 3 to 4 months of 'summer' we get a year.

-Angelfire
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Rosie -I bet with all your walking and your refrigerator stocked with good food, you will weigh in with a loss, when you get home. Plus the heat in Las Vegas, you had to be sweating alot. Anyway I hope your daughters team does great at your competition, it sounds like a fun place for one, lots to do with your down time.

Esther-we watch that show, they do seems alittle strange. I guess thats the idea to get people to watch it.

Susie-Sorry your air is out, that stinks. I guess the water drinking is the positive way to look at it. Plus again all the sweating cant hurt. Be careful dont get to overheated.

Janice
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    I'm now back too where I was when I started the previous challenge :(

I hate I know what I need to do, I plan it out and by the end of the day I'm lost. I really hate that I make sure my kids have healthy snacks but I don't eat them myself. I need to hold myself to the same standard regarding quantity, quality and timing of snacks.
  • Angelfire365
    danifo0811 wrote: »

I hate I know what I need to do, I plan it out and by the end of the day I'm lost. I really hate that I make sure my kids have healthy snacks but I don't eat them myself. I need to hold myself to the same standard regarding quantity, quality and timing of snacks.

Aww, I'm sorry. That sucks. We're here for you, if you need someone to vent to, or a little advice, or even a couple jokes to get your mind off of things!!

-Angelfire
  • CALIECAT
    Enjoy reading all of your all posting.. Keep them coming

No news around here had a appt. yesterday to go to the Hearing aid place to pick up my hearing aids. my Hubby Jerry went out to Start the car up would not crank up battery dead after 13 years it decided to RIP forever more Now will have to wait till Aug 13 to pick them up. But with a new battery I was raring to go this morning.

Vicky so sorry about your dad. Its hard losing your parents. Takecare
    marie
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    danifo0811 wrote: »

Aww, I'm sorry. That sucks. We're here for you, if you need someone to vent to, or a little advice, or even a couple jokes to get your mind off of things!!

-Angelfire
    Thanks. I feel l a mess with no will power. In good news, I ate my veggies this afternoon like I was supposed to rather than the entire bag of Nibs we are using for potty training rewards

According to my fitbit, I've been averaging an hour less sleep a night than I was in May so I'm going to work on that this month.
  • Eninad
    You'll get it dani, there are so many mini steps to build up with. I failed in the past by adopting ALL the known steps at once because I didn't want to fail...and I knew the steps so I should do them, right?

For me, that was wrong. I needed to pick a focus and get it until it's a solid habit, then add a new one. Yes, this was slower, but...it is making the new journey easier and more importantly sustainable. I'm hoping it makes maintenance a small effort.

We're here for you!
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    I would have like to have been able to get a Fitbit that would record sleep. But I have troubles wearing watches so I knew a wristband Fitbit would be out of the question. I react to watch bands. I have tried them all to no avail. I also have problems with watch batteries dying in 2-3 weeks. I also tries a motion wonder watch..........I over-wound it. Go figure..... So needless to say I have a Fitbit zip. I can tuck it in a pocket or in the bra (my favorite place) or I can use the belt clip and clip it on a belt loop. Oh well. It would probably be a little scary to see my sleep recorded. I chronically go to bed about 11:30 and read until I can't anymore or until about 2ish. Then I am up and awake by about 6:30. However the pain tends to wake me a few times in there as well. Very rarely do I sleep more than 5 hours without waking a few times due to pain. Oh well I have adjusted. I think.....I hope......

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    I found out why I did not like the brand of oatmeal. I was. Using. Not cooking it long enough to suit. Me. Now it is fine. I cook a big batch this time and all I have to do is warm it up which I am fixing to do. And it was great. And cook me some more pinto bean and make my own received. lunch tp day will be bean tastadas love them thing pile high with beans, tomatoes, lettuce. Onion and avacada I aloes my self 2 for lunch supper will be spicy beans, boiled cabbage an carrots cup of green grapes

No plans today.just relax.and eat my meals.
    Marie
This discussion has been closed.