JULY 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,188 Member

exercise.png

Adding another 11 miles for 147 out of 300. If the forest fires don't let up here I'll be wearing a respirator to ride in.
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    adding 5.6 miles

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,898 Member
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 wrote: »
    @ darkrider - a wealth of information as always. Who knew about those cell towers. Glad you are able to work on increasing cardio again.
    Thanks for the cheer on increasing my cardio! :smile: Dean was the one talking about the cell towers tho....but I bet you knew that and it was just a little typing oops is all. I just don't think I should take credit for Dean's smarts. :laugh:

Dave

LOL! I was racing through my update and got confused. It did cross my mind briefly that it was odd you knew about cell service in Montana! That should have been my clue.... but for this coastal girl Minnesota and Montana are kind of the same. I mean they both start with M, have lots of snow, and neither has an ocean, right? @ Dean - thanks for the interesting lecture.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,188 Member
    Not a problem Janet. If you want to call me Dave, I'm OK with that. Great attitude, good looking and making a great comeback on the exercise. I'll consider it a compliment. :smile:
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    7/10 - .58 miles
    TTD - 2.24
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,791 Member
    clepant wrote: »
    @hkristine1: Hope all continues to go well with your foster daughter. how old is she.
    @Lovemyalex: My dad had knee surgery about 15 years ago and I showed him your knee. If your bandage is off, and you so desire to humor me, I would love to show him a pic of your scar(s). He had the old knee replacement when they almost amputated your leg. He is 92.

Sure... The scar to the left is when I had total reconstruction of my knee back in 1985 ( car accident)9bfmug3op52x.jpg
  • Lovemyalex
    What do you all think....are we going to hit our 500,000 All-Time miles milestone this month?? :sunglasses:

Only 6,010 more miles....I think we can get pretty close anyway!!! :drinker:

Dave

Yeah... I know we can do it... I just wish I could give more miles.... But every little bit counts... :)
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited July 2015
    new ttd 37.25 miles would have been more but its too warm out for me and my hands started to swell up
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Going for 800 miles again in July as I have some holidays coming up

01-07: 40.60 miles
    02-07: 34.24 miles
    03-07: 40.19 miles
    04-07: 65.18 miles
    05-07: rest day
    06-07: 45.11 miles
    07-07: 40.14 miles
    08-07: rest day
    09-07: 41.08 miles
    10-07: 43.06 miles
    11-07: 32.05 miles
    11-07: 25.59 miles
    July miles: 407.22

YTD miles: 4665
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    @Lovemyalex - healing nicely :smiley:

4.1 mile walk. I was going to go out this morning and actually run while it was cooler, but for some reason I ended up watching three hours of Spartan races and an hour of an Ironman race. Don't ask me why, I have no clue. So, just a walk in the hot weather, possibly meeting my brother and family for dinner, so good to have burned off some calories to pad my daily numbers.

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,340 Member
    @Lovemyalex: I showed dad and he said that your scar is about the same as his. About 10 inches long. He said to tell you thanks. It looks like it is healing nicely.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,340 Member
    edited July 2015
    @Dave: I am so impressed with your determination to get back on your exercise routine, sweat and all. I know what you mean about being drenched. I come back every workout soaked due to the humidity. We have had 7 out of 11 days of some sort of precipitation for this month. Lets throw last month out the window because it was something like 25 days of rain.
    @vhuber: I really love your new photo!

I went to my PT consult yesterday and I have a pinched nerve...mostly likely a C7 that is at the Scapula. Thus the pain down across my shoulder blade and down my arm. The spasms are due to tightening, inflammation and muscle fatigue thus the pain in my left pectoral muscle as well. The good news is that I am not having reoccurring heart attacks and that it is retreating even though there are days when I would like to cut my arm off. Well maybe not to that extreme but pretty darn close. The bad news is no lifting any heavy objects...and weights and no Sprint Triathlon August 7th. Two miles of kayaking, a 20K on the bike and the 5K run would probably acerbate the pain back to the finger tips. They are attempting to help me get through my half marathon next Sunday. Thank you! No Duathlon either....maybe next year. I am bummed about not being able to ride my Lexa. It has been my alternate cross training. But I realize that my body is more important to any race or riding my bike.

July 10: Last day of cycling for a while. 10 Miles- 5 miles cycling and 5 miles walking
    July 11: 10.75 Miles - 7.75 miles running and 3 miles walking
    TTD: 110.75 miles

exercise.png

• JTH11706
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

@clepant - hope things continue to improve. Is it just a matter of waiting or is there an active treatment?
    @lovemyalex - It looks like a nice clean scar to me, but more importantly our favorite nurse says it's healing nicely!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    @Lovemyalex, all I can say is "Oh My That looks Nasty" but a terrible scar is better than pain! I have some nasty scars too! It looks like your healing well!
    @clepant, I'm glad you like the pic (I never like my pics). I wanted a change & this was the very first pic I posted when I joined mfp. I do need to update some photos but I am not into computer stuff & I could not find where you put the memory card on the newer computer. I'll ask my sons when they stop in sometime. My hair is much longer & I look much older now!! LOL With what is going on with your pain/nerve problems have you considered going to a chiropractor. Like I mentioned to "anaconda" I could not survive without one & pinched nerve symptoms are horrible with tingling/numbness in hands, legs or feet. They get me straightened out right away! Love him!!!
    @ all of you getting too much rain, PLEASE send some to us. It is HOT, WINDY & DRY! Our wheat crops are getting VERY thirsty!!!
    I did walk 2 miles with furries this morning but will post later after I get in some ex biking.
    Hope you all are enjoying your weekend!
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    7/11 - 4.1 miles walking, running and hiking

MTD - 29.31 miles
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Total for the day is 10. (2 walking & 8 on ex bike) I felt lazy ALL day. I think working outside in the heat the last couple of days sorta did me in.

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    6.90 miles walked today

61.33 miles walked to date
  • Lovemyalex
    kar328 wrote: »
    @Lovemyalex - healing nicely :smiley:

4.1 mile walk. I was going to go out this morning and actually run while it was cooler, but for some reason I ended up watching three hours of Spartan races and an hour of an Ironman race. Don't ask me why, I have no clue. So, just a walk in the hot weather, possibly meeting my brother and family for dinner, so good to have burned off some calories to pad my daily numbers.

exercise.png

Thanks... :)
  • Lovemyalex
    vhuber wrote: »
    @Lovemyalex, all I can say is "Oh My That looks Nasty" but a terrible scar is better than pain! I have some nasty scars too! It looks like your healing well!
    @clepant, I'm glad you like the pic (I never like my pics). I wanted a change & this was the very first pic I posted when I joined mfp. I do need to update some photos but I am not into computer stuff & I could not find where you put the memory card on the newer computer. I'll ask my sons when they stop in sometime. My hair is much longer & I look much older now!! LOL With what is going on with your pain/nerve problems have you considered going to a chiropractor. Like I mentioned to "anaconda" I could not survive without one & pinched nerve symptoms are horrible with tingling/numbness in hands, legs or feet. They get me straightened out right away! Love him!!!
    @ all of you getting too much rain, PLEASE send some to us. It is HOT, WINDY & DRY! Our wheat crops are getting VERY thirsty!!!
    I did walk 2 miles with furries this morning but will post later after I get in some ex biking.
    Hope you all are enjoying your weekend!

Thanks.... :)
This discussion has been closed.