WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2015

1141142143144145147»

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    @GodMomKim - actually, it took me so totally by surprised, I did not say anything; but, I would have told her to tell my DH what she wanted to convey to him. I have gotten pretty good at stepping away from an argument; like the time she told him that we needed to change our satellite company. I told her that we had a contract that would cost $300 or so to get out of. She just continued telling DH we needed to change. I asked her 'what part of no, we can't get out of the contract and anyway we are happy with our television company and had been with them over 12 years'. She thinks that DH is a push-over, that can't be further from the truth - he just doesn't like to 'argue' a point. He'd rather just keep his mouth shut and hope the conversation will end for 'lack of interest'. I had been laying down because of a bad headache; but, it was just too loud for me to stay in bed with it. I know that he was thinking ... 'what's what the girl at the picnic said . . .'. "No, we're happy with our set-up!"
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Please pray for my BnL; called from ER - they 'think' he might have had a heart attack. Doing more testing; but, either way they are going to admit him, at least overnight.
  • loralou1571
    loralou1571 Posts: 11 Member
    Good morning ladies! So I started jogging again last night on the treadmill. Forgot to stretch and today my legs are tired and sore. Granted I only ran for 15 minutes but dumb that I forgot to stretch. I won't forget that again! Does anyone else have difficulty with getting enough protein in daily? I have discovered quinoa and love it. But don't want to consume to much of it. A girl can eat only so much fish and chicken before developing gills and feathers! :) Any heathy suggestions would be much appreciated. Also just purchased peanut butter powder. Looking for some suggestions for its use besides smoothies. Weather looks good today in central Ohio so I'm going to make the most of it! Until next time enjoy the weekend!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Morning ladies,
    Here at work until noon,kitchen floor being done as we speak..
    Slept well last night but woke up in the middle of the night drenched :s thought I was done with all that stuff...hope everyone is enjoying the day <3 .
  • loralou1571
    Grandmallie, my husband and I did our kitchen floors ourselves 2 years ago. That was allot of work, more than what we anticipated! We took up five layers of old linoleum and subflooring. We anticipated a full week to take up the floor and replace with new and then to paint and refinish the cabinets! No such luck. It took us a week to take up the subflooring and to put the new flooring down. Don't get me wrong the floor looks great but it took two full weeks to finish the project! We decided we are to old to take on that kind of project again. It was a work out for sure and the sweat equity was worth it! :)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Go back a few posts and click on the link for July 15 (this site changes every month). Make sure you highlight the star on the upper right-hand corner; and delete it for the month of June.
  • madrecon_3
    madrecon_3 Posts: 12 Member
    Hello Chatters new to the site!! My name is Tawanda. My July goals are increase water intake, I don't want to be a scale monster, continue logging in daily, (I have already lost 14 lbs!!)and I would love to be a motivation to others and find motivational friends so feel free to message or add me!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Everyone who's posted since June 30 - we're now over here:
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10200034/women-ages-50-for-july2015?new=1
  • loralou1571
    madrecon_3 wrote: »
    Hello Chatters new to the site!! My name is Tawanda. My July goals are increase water intake, I don't want to be a scale monster, continue logging in daily, (I have already lost 14 lbs!!)and I would love to be a motivation to others and find motivational friends so feel free to message or add me!!

Welcome, glad to hear from new people. You don't have to be a scale monster or a diary addict to benefit from the help here. Congratulations on our you 14lb loss! :)
  • SharonK247
    SharonK247 Posts: 3 Member
    Good morning everyone. Just returned from a week in NY. Stayed with my daughter and we did a 60 mile bike ride together on Saturday. Long distance biking is new for her, but we both had a great ride. However, traveling to NY is always a challenge for me as I follow a vegan diet and there are just so many amazing vegan options that I can not find in Wisconsin (especially desserts) that are extremely tempting. But I made up my mind before I went that I would follow my plan and I did, YAY! I just kept reminding myself that even gaining a few pounds will make a huge difference when I bike up hills and that kept me motivated. This weekend my daughter is coming to Wisconsin and we will be doing the Scenic Shore 150 which is a 150 mile ride over two days along the shores of Lake Michigan raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Its a beautiful ride and Im starting to plan my foods in order to keep adequately fueled without eating any "junk" food (readily available throughout the ride). My priority today was to get back to tracking my foods and exercise so here I am. Have a great day as we all work towards our July goals.
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Good morning beautiful women. I am working very hard to stay the course and record all my MFP commitments. My mother n law 85yrs took fall and has a traumatic brain injury. Please pray that God hand will be merciful and let things go smoothly. She will leave rehab on Friday and move to ASL. The apartment we picked out is really nice and she has use of all amenities. I think this is the most stress we as a family have ever come through. Even the death of our fathers has not been this hard. The fall caused a brain bleed and advanced her dementia ten folds. Trying my best not to stress eat. I am continuing to jog a 5k 5x a week but time is getting so squeezed.
    My distraction for now is I am studying for my Real Estate License. My daughter returns to UF in August. She is such good company I will miss her. Our son is working a lot of hours in AC biz.
    Have a great week. hope to check in when time allows.
    Patsy
    Lutz Fl