How do I delete my account

moniNC208
moniNC208 Posts: 24 Member
i haven't been on in a while and want to start fresh. So I want to make a new profile but I can't figure out how to delete my profile. Help

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    MFP is like hotel california.
  • QueenKristine77
    QueenKristine77 Posts: 67 Member
    Go into Settings, then Delete Account at the bottom. Why do you need to start a new account to start fresh? Looks like you have a ton of friends and everything. Why not start logging today and go from there? Good luck to you! :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    I understand wanting a fresh start, but you don't have to delete your account to do it. All you have to do is decide to are going to make a change. If you absolutely feel you must:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/confirm_delete
  • moniNC208
    MFP is like hotel california.

Lol. So true
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Go into Settings, then Delete Account at the bottom. Why do you need to start a new account to start fresh? Looks like you have a ton of friends and everything. Why not start logging today and go from there? Good luck to you! :)

I like to think of MFP like life. We don't get do-overs. We pick a day to start fresh with all the previous knowledge there to help us.
  • moniNC208

I don't know. That's true maybe I'll just continue on
  • moniNC208
    Ok you guys convinced me just to keep this one and I'll log my new weight and keep marching on. Btw. I don't have delete account under settings lol
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    You can keep your historical weight but have your ticker show your new progress by adding your new starting weight at least one day older than your current oldest date/weight. See alternate c below.

Navigate to APPS > Tickers > Update your weight data. Enter your desired starting weight and click Save Changes. That will update the oldest date/weight in your profile.

Alternately, navigate to MY HOME > Check-in > Edit Previous Entries.
    a. Enter a new value in the Starting Weight text box and click Change; or
    b. Scroll down and click on the highest page number to take you to the oldest date/weight entry. Once you find your oldest date/weight entry, under Add New Entry, enter the new date/weight and click Add New Entry. That will replace the oldest date/weight with your new one.
    c. If you want to keep all of your historical data, Add New Entry at least one day older than the oldest date/weight.