Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Good job, Lori.
    Just an update to let you know that my father died this afternoon. It was not unexpected. The congestive heart failure just caught up with him. I know he's in a better place, but my heart is heavy. We'll miss him.
    Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    @kaye-- so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Lori- Congratulations on your time.

Kaye- Sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs and prayers.

Karen- My dad is still in the hospital and will be until Wednesday or Thursday, then he will return to rehab. According to my Mom he was doing better today and actually stayed awake this afternoon. Found out today that the blister on his heal was infected with MRSA. At least it did not move into the bone. I think you are right, all the issues with my dad are taking their toll on me and affecting my sleep. I hope it calms down soon.

As I mention to Karen, the issues with my dad are taking their toll on me. It is very hard watching your love ones deal with illness where progress back to health is very slow. While I am dealing with my emotions, I am also hearing from my Mom on how tired she is of going to the hospital everyday. We are into the third month of Dad's health not being great. Mom won't take a break from going to the hospital since she wants to make sure he eats something and also wants to know what the doctors are saying. It is frustrating but I am trying to stay positive.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @laurie-- glad they found the MRSA before it did more damage. That's a scary bacteria. Also good to hear your dad seemed better today and will be back in rehab soon. I hope your mom finds a way to balance his health needs with her own.

@lori-- woohoo! congrats on your improved time. Can't wait to hear more details? Did you improve a lot in one particular event, or shave a bit of time off of each?

AFM-- Walked gunner with the intention of running outside, but it was way to sunny and humid. I can handle the humidity if it's overcast, but the bright sunshine beating down on my just makes me feel ill--even when I'm not running--so I went to the gym instead. Did some core work and ran speed intervals on the treadmill. Afterward, I planted a few day lilies I had left over from dividing out my plants. I didn't meed anymore for the flower bed, so I just planted them in some empty pots to brighten the patio.

Monday Check-in:
    I've been doing really good on calories the past couple of days even though I changed my net calorie goal from 1610 to 1510. I've been under calories almost all week, but there were a few days when I went out to eat and had to estimate. Since Friday, however, I know my numbers are accurate, and I've been well below my calorie allowance. I don't like to go too low for too many days in a row, so tomorrow I will go shopping for some more calorie dense snacks.

Tuesday Goals:
    I have a few for the week--
    1. Bathroom floor cleaned DONE and tile sealed DONE
    2. Backyard flower bed weeded DONE, edged DONE, and plant some new flowers DONE
    3. Go to Ulta to pick up shampoo/conditioner DONE
    4. Clean wood cabinets/surfaces in kitchen STARTED
    5. Drop off clothes to GW

July Goals:

Run another 8k (Thanksgiving 2014 8k = 56:49, NYE 2014 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16; 6/22 = 59:10)

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Mon--rest day (donating blood)
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--walk gunner + PT
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner + PT
    Sat--walk gunner

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    @kaye So sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Even though it wasn't unexpected and he had expressed the desire to move on it is still a heart wrenching loss for you and your family. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    @grandmakaye44 - So sorry for your loss.
    @Lauriek70 - Please remember to take care of yourself too.
    @skinnyjeanzbound - Woot on the lower calories!

The race was fab. The girl who was to be doing the race with me backed out last week. There was another girl at the gym who was already signed up. We ended up in the same starting wave. She is a much better swimmer than I but I did a really good transition time and caught up with her on the bike. We rode together for more than 1/2 bike leg. I had a mount for my phone on the bike so I could keep track of my speed and I did the bike leg in under 1 hour. The second transition went super fast but I was a bit slower on the run. Overall I finished in 2 hours 2 mins and am so very happy with that time.
    I am contemplating doing one more race this season. But am not sure which one. There is a Duathlon south of Milwaukee and one in Green Bay. I could do either one.

Feeling quite tired today and will prob go to bed early. Also I am retaining water, my feet are swollen. I will drink extra fluid today to deal with that. Back on plan for food. Not sure where I will be on weigh in tomorrow.

There were some pretty bad storms up here last night. Trees down and last night was garbage night so there is trash all over my street. I picked up some this morning and will have to do more tonight.

Very busy week at work so I will be putting in some extra hours. Also oldest son's group treatment was changed to AM's, so I will have to get him there and back 3 times every week. The installation job at the hotel is slow going and we are about 1/2 done. I was hoping to finish in 8 working days but it may be 9 or 10 by the time all is done.

Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    @jtconst - well said. @grandmakaye44 - take comfort in knowing you had him with you for a really long time and he was ready to go. God bless you and your family in this time of grieving and loss.
    @cblue315 - congrats on your race time, not sure if I'll ever do something like that but it sounds exciting.

AFM - I DID IT! Weighed in at 194 today, 43 lbs down and still have a week before seeing my PC, so I am jumping for joy. My BD is the 31st, maybe by then I'll be even closer to my original goal of 50 lbs! My sister and niece and I have planned to go on a spa day for my birthday, I am so looking forward to it.
    Tracy (TX)
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Tracy- Congrats on losing 43 pounds. That is awesome.

Today was an okay day but still a hard day. My dad is having a procedure done tomorrow morning that we hope will help with the circulation in his legs.

Today, I did a running workout which was good but long. It involved some strides meaning start out walking and gradually increase to a run, run for a few seconds then back down. After doing several reps of that moved onto tempo runs at my faster than normal pace. Started at 5.0 for 1/4 of mile, then 5.2 for 1/2 mile. It was tough but I did it.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @laurie-- I hope your dad's procedure goes well and helps his continued recovery. I just read an article with some great interval workouts to improve speed. Here is the link, if you're interested: http://www.runnersworld.com/ask-coach-jenny/run-a-5k-faster-with-these-five-fun-workouts?cid=socTP_20150707_48400226&adbid=10152896943296987&adbpl=fb&adbpr=9815486986
    I just did the first one at the gym yesterday and really enjoyed it.

@tracy (goins)-- congrats on meeting your goal--and a whole week early!! Woohoo!

@lori-- that's so great that you had someone to race with for part of the day. It sounds so exciting, it makes me want to do a tri. Then I remember that I'm a horrible swimmer and don't even own a bicycle. LOL! We also had crazy storms early this morning. Gunner woke me up about 3 am due to distant thunder. Then about 5 the storm hit. I thought our 60 y/o silver maple was going to snap the winds were so strong.

Tuesday Goals:
    4. Clean wood cabinets/surfaces in kitchen STARTED

AFM-- well, I lost track of the days and did my Monday check-in a day early. Oops. :smile: Today was a lazy day due a lack of sleep (see above). I did head out to donate blood and had planned to spend some time afterwards working at Starbucks. However, the SB next to Lifesource must have closed down (it's now a pizza place), so instead I went to the car dealer and had my oil changed. That took longer than expected, so I didn't get home until almost 5pm. I may do some more cleaning in my kitchen tonight if I don't crash from donating.

July Goals:

Run another 8k (Thanksgiving 2014 8k = 56:49, NYE 2014 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16; 6/22 = 59:10)

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--rest day (donating blood) DONE
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--walk gunner + PT
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner + PT
    Sat--walk gunner

• sherrsuntha
    sherrsuntha Posts: 55 Member
    Hello everyone.

Today I managed to do 2 hours and 15 minutes in the pool. 1 and a half hours of lane swimming and a 45 minute aquafit class. I managed to eat fairly well today which makes me pretty happy. I slept over at a friends house and we went on a road trip with some other friends so my eating was not the best, but I am trying not to concentrate on that and rather stay on track now that it is a new week.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    edited July 2015
    Some other excitement this evening. I went outside with Gunner around 8 pm, he promptly ran behind the shed, and emerged with a bunny in his mouth. Luckily, DH was home to take care of disposal. Yuck.

Here's a picture of my hunter with a stuffed carrot. Incidentally, he left said carrot in the yard yesterday. Bait? Perhaps he's an evil genius...

zlvb5bkef3n9.jpg

• GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    @sherrsuntha - that's an awesome swim/water workout. I used to have a 24HR Fitness membership and I spent a lot of time in the water area, but I don't have that membership anymore and because of the cancer treatment last year I'm supposed to be concentrating on gravity assisted workouts and staying out of the sun, so I'm not swimming this year yet.
    @skinnyjeanzbound - we have lots of bunnies around my five acres, my Colonel spends lots of time chasing them. Not sure if he's caught any or not. Today he entertained himself chasing a frog around, it was so funny to watch!
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    I do a lot of lurking but not much posting but I wanted to share to encourage others. I reached my 100lb loss today!!! It has taken me almost a year. Mostly low carb 30 - 50 a day, walking about a mile a day. I appreciate reading your lives stories.
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Hi all. Sorry I disappeared a few months ago. Life got so busy with softball season and a bunch of other stuff that I pretty much only ever went online to check my emails and that was it. I miss checking in with everyone for the accountability and just to chat! I'm on summer vacation now, and just got back from 2 weeks at the beach. Now its time to focus on me and hopefully get myself back on track.

Hope everyone has been doing well. I am going to try my best to come back in here and post daily. Have a great Tuesday all!

Erin
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    edited July 2015
    @erin-- so great to see you back!!

@ledbetter-- another familiar face. Hooray for reaching such an amazing milestone!

@tracy (goins)-- Yes, gunner has a strong prey drive, so he'll "hunt" anything that moves. He once killed a skunk (the horror), but mostly I see him chase bugs and frogs. Every once in a while he'll kill a mole--they are so tiny it's easy clean-up. However, when he came running from behind the shed with a larger animal, it freaked me out a bit. I wasn't sure if it was a squirrel, bunny, or what, but I didn't want him to disembowel it in my yard. We had a cat growing up who killed a couple of rabbits--both times it was a bloody mess. Fortunately, gunner dropped the rabbit when my husband grabbed his collar, so it was still intact although very dead.

@sher--great water workout! And good attitude about the eating on the road trip. We can't stop living our lives, so there will be always be occasions when our eating isn't perfect. The key is to get right back to healthy eating and make those occasions the exception rather than the norm. :smile:

AFM-- I finished most of the kitchen tonight, so I'm going to check that off my list. Just in time to create a new list tomorrow!

Tuesday Goals:
    4. Clean wood cabinets/surfaces in kitchen DONE

July Goals:

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--rest day (donating blood) DONE
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--walk gunner + PT
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner + PT
    Sat--walk gunner

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    I need to check in, just for the accountability. I'm doing terrible with my food choices and snacking. The stress is really getting to me. This afternoon DH's blood pressure was a little better, but back up tonight. He slept all morning, some of the afternoon and went to bed at 9:30 tonight so I know he isn't well.
    Thank you for your words of love and concern, and your thoughts and prayers. I am trying to help plan Daddy's funeral over the phone as my sisters are all in UT. Nicole was a busy beaver and found 2 vacation rental homes that we can share to help cut down on the travel costs for the family. The funeral is on the opposite side of the state. Cardiologist says that DH is okay to travel, but I have to continue to keep a log of his blood pressure 2 or 3 times a day for awhile.
    Congratulations to those who have made major milestones and goals recently. I must get back into the program!
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    @grandmakaye44 - There will be time to get back on plan. Right now you have so very much to take care of. Be gentle with yourself.
    @skinnyjeanzbound - We had hunting dogs when I was growing up, one brought home a wild mink. Smells almost as bad as a skunk. They were sprayed by skunks several times also. Your post brought back so many memories.
    @ereilly311 - Welcome back!
    @2ledbetter - Congrats! 100 pounds is a great milestone, thanks for sharing. :)
    @sherrsuntha - Water workouts are a fantastic calorie burn, good job.
    @Lauriek70 - Hope all goes will with your dad.
    @GOINSTD12 - Woot on the 43 pounds!

AFM - Still feeling the after affects of the race. Took a rest day yesterday and today back with the trainer and weigh in today. Not sure where I will be on the scale but time to get back to work. I would like to be below 175 by the end of the month.

Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    @Kaye~I’m so sorry to hear about the passing of your father, even though it wasn’t unexpected it’s still hard. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family. :heart:

@Karen~Zoe :love: bunnies and wishes she could catch one--she paces in front of the door or window when she sees one. :lol: Gunner is such a cutie (when he isn't acting on his hunting instinct and bringing you "presents").

@Laurie~Thoughts and prayers that your dad’s procedure goes well today. I hope you and your mom are able to find some balance and get some much needed rest soon. :heart:

AFM~I’ve been lurking a lot lately. I think of you all often, just not much to contribute. Work and life are unbelievably busy right now. Got out for a long bike ride in the heat on Sunday, I went earlier in the day but it was really humid and over 90 by 10:00—so hot my phone overheated towards the end of my ride. :confounded: Jumped in the pool as soon as I got back—was not refreshing at all! :wink:
  • sherrsuntha
    sherrsuntha Posts: 55 Member
    2ledbetter wrote: »
    I do a lot of lurking but not much posting but I wanted to share to encourage others. I reached my 100lb loss today!!! It has taken me almost a year. Mostly low carb 30 - 50 a day, walking about a mile a day. I appreciate reading your lives stories.

Wow that is amazing, congratulations! You must be so proud of yourself!!!!!!!!
  • PoppyClarice
    PoppyClarice Posts: 9 Member
    I've got to do something. I'm at my all time high around 245 with a goal of 139. I have mini goals of 199 and 169. I seem to start out well for a day or two then fall away and go back up and then some. I joined a challenge group and hope to fast track to 199 by mid October when I have a trip planned. The weight usually comes off the easiest in the first few months, so I'm hoping that happens now. I have a fitbit and am trying to get in at least 10,000 steps a day. I'm also trying to do fairly low carbs. Carbs seem to be my downfall when I'm working on my fitness goals.
    This group seems to offer a lot of encouragement and support. I hope to add to that in addition to benefiting from it. I can't wait to read more of your posts.