Any fellow C25K'ers wanna be buddies?

Replies

• PaulMcGee2015
    PaulMcGee2015 Posts: 17 Member
    Hi all - I'm really never saw myself as a runner but I'm on a mission to lose weight, get fit and hopefully have some fun on the way. I've just completed day 3 of week 1 tonight and am really looking forward to the rest of the challenge. Feel free to add, I'd love to share support and thoughts/ideas. Good luck everyone.
  • kastephens11
    kastephens11 Posts: 57 Member
    I just finished week 2! Feel free to add me! :smiley:
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Weiser7 wrote: »
    Just started C25K last week, my next go will be week 2, day 3, and I have to say I'm loving it so far. I haven't been running for 8 years and it's nice to be pushing forward to that goal again. This week (week 2) has been easy but I'm nervous for the coming weeks. Did any of you struggle with longer run times?

Oh, and feel free to add me :)

Yes the longer run times are hard, I'm not going to lie. It's all in the mind and you have to stay focussed. When it gets tough I tell myself it's better to say I did it than to say I gave up lol.

mumidebba wrote: »
    Hi, I move on to week 6 tomorrow
    Boy was the last run of week 5 hard?
    Running for general fitness and to shift a stone in weight plonked on from Xmas & beyong

I just started week 6 yesterday. Yes the end of week 5 is hard going but it's so rewarding when you do it. Makes u feel like you can do anything :)
    I'm almost finished the C2K program on the treadmill but as soon as I started running outside it felt like I was close to the beginning of the program. I'm training for the Terry Fox 5K run in September so I'm going to start training outside permanently. Need motivation.

I actually find it easier running outside. The time goes just like that cos you have distractions :)
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Hi all - I'm really never saw myself as a runner but I'm on a mission to lose weight, get fit and hopefully have some fun on the way. I've just completed day 3 of week 1 tonight and am really looking forward to the rest of the challenge. Feel free to add, I'd love to share support and thoughts/ideas. Good luck everyone.

Added :)

I just finished week 2! Feel free to add me! :smiley:

Added :)
  • Xo_c_e_b_xo
    Xo_c_e_b_xo Posts: 70 Member
    I'm Starting it tomorrow ! Any tips from you would be helpful c
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Just finished W4 :) Hopefully W5 will be more consistant and not going more then a day off in between runs. I struggled with d3 last night and I think it was because I hadn't run since Thursday....

Happy trails everyone........
  • PaulMcGee2015
    Hi all, don't know if this is the correct place to ask but I finished W2D1 last night and my left ankle had a dull ache when I finished. Today it is painful to walk on and hurts the full circumference of the ankle. I didn't go over on it and I don't think I've twisted it. I know rest will do it good but I don't want to write off the hard work and start from the beginning again.
    Any thoughts on how best to get over it and mainly avoid it in the future.
    Any advice greatfully recieved.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Hi all, don't know if this is the correct place to ask but I finished W2D1 last night and my left ankle had a dull ache when I finished. Today it is painful to walk on and hurts the full circumference of the ankle. I didn't go over on it and I don't think I've twisted it. I know rest will do it good but I don't want to write off the hard work and start from the beginning again.
    Any thoughts on how best to get over it and mainly avoid it in the future.
    Any advice greatfully recieved.

Are you running on a treadmill or on the road? Maybe you need shoes with better ankle support? It could be one or several things happening. For the meantime, rest and ice.
  • ravenstar25
    ravenstar25 Posts: 126 Member
    I just started week 6 this morning.

I found that at first I had to take more than one week to do the "weeks". But once I got to about week three, that amount of time shortened. Now I am doing it three days a week and moving up along with the program as written.

The first two times I tried it I got really sick. I may have been too heavy or unhealthy at that time or just not taking good enough care of myself in general. But third time has been the charm :)
  • kaniob
    kaniob Posts: 363 Member
    Been doing C25K a while now. W5D1 was this morning for this go-around. I'm feeling good now, but I always get to week 7-ish and life happens and forces me to take a break from running and I'll have to go back to week 3. Frustrating, but at least I'm doing something active!
  • PaulMcGee2015
    Thanks for your replies. @shrinkingletters I'm running on the country roads which is a nice way of flushing the day at work out of my head. Would running shoes make that much difference? I'm just using my gym trainers at the minute. In the mean time ice and rest it is.
  • showjumper
    edited June 2015
    Great job @kaniob looks like I am a day behind you as I will run tomorrow.... keep up the good work!

@ravenstar25 super! :) Doesn't matter how long you spend on a week as long as you are progressing in some way and it sounds like you are! way to go!
  • anikayam1982
    anikayam1982 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm starting next week and am super nervous. I've tried before but had no support and ended up giving up. I'm determined to do it this time as I really want to run an awesome marathon next June. Please add me!
  • TexasPatriot
    TexasPatriot Posts: 63 Member
    I had a set back last month and now I'm starting over. Just finished Day 1....again.
  • Rogue_Esq
    Rogue_Esq Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hey fellow C25Kers,

I'm on Wk 6, Day 2. Doing the Blacklight run on Aug. 8.

I fell behind on the program because I got sick two weeks ago, so last week was brutal. The first time I've felt like throwing up during a relatively slow run, but I finished it.
  • TexasPatriot
    Well, just finished out week 2 today. Took my doberman with me for motivation. She had a great time.
  • TexasPatriot
    Today was Day 1 of Week 3. Rolled my ankle 30 sec into my first interval. Decided I could jog it off. Finished strong.
  • showjumper
    @TexasPatriot great job!!! way to tough it out
  • summerdaze120
    summerdaze120 Posts: 425 Member
    Week 1 Day 3 tomorrow! So far so good :smiley: Feel free to add!
  • TexasPatriot
    Week 1 Day 3 tomorrow! So far so good :smiley: Feel free to add!

Added you. Keep up the good work, I started week 4 today.