5'8-5'11 women before/after pics?

Replies

• shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    o67tcgbrxq2p.png
    34pd1tw9zfks.jpg

The year before I started losing weight, so probably 275-285? Started officially at 273, currently at 213. I wish I'd taken better before/after pictures but oh well. Not done, but maintaining for a while.
  • carolineg219
    carolineg219 Posts: 1 Member
    This post makes me so happy. I struggle with the number on the scale! I am 5 11 medium frame and sitting at 170-173ish. I lift weights and so cardio 6 days a week but cannot get to my goal weight of 155!!!!!! So frustrating

You are all so beautiful and inspiring :)n40h0b2jrjf5.jpg
    xw21z5tjaa7q.jpg
  • ElisaJtsu
    ElisaJtsu Posts: 97 Member
    vvew5ke4cflv.jpg

This is my before and after photo. I have lost 70 pounds and currently working on 15 more. I am built like a pear. Small bust but very big hips and butt. I have lost the weight in a course of a year and half. My biggest advice to you is:

1) BE PATIENT- The weight will not fall off at once. This was my biggest obstacle. Like anything in life, great work takes time and dedication. So don't give up! If you had a bad day it's not the end of the world.

2) Weight train: I lost most of my weight when I started focusing on strength training (mostly legs). The legs have the biggest muscles in the body. More muscle=high metabolism===> High metabolism = more weight loss

Good luck with your journey! It will be the best thing you have ever done for yourself <3

WOW! WOW! WOW! I'm going to keep reading your post to keep me going! Thanks for sharing.

• marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    edited July 2015
    aq9kqg5vw3kb.jpg
    8238scvnqmy9.jpg
    n8qs47n1g0wr.jpg
    After having my second child a year ago I focused on weight training now at 150 lbs and more toned. Started at 193lbs then I lost a lot of weight but I was skinny-fat at 145lbs. So I started weight training at it made all the difference!

• Bambalina22
    Bambalina22 Posts: 54 Member
    I'm 5ft 7.6inch...so please can I bump this for later ;)
  • MommaSarabear
    MommaSarabear Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2015
    Following.

I'm 5'7 1/2" tall -- I round up to 5'8"!! :wink: I went to a weight loss physician and they had me stand on a specialized scale and they told me based on my bone mass, etc, etc, the "healthy" weight for my age/frame would be 205! My jaw about hit the floor. I have NEVER heard this before in all my years of weight loss struggle. I'd love to be under 200 (goal weight is 190).

Loving all the progress pics of ladies my height on here!!
  • raellehousek
    raellehousek Posts: 9 Member
    f5dd91rwjn5b.jpg

I am 5'9" Medium frame. Lost 30lbs so far and 20 to go, but here is before and nowish.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    @raellehousek, I love that bathing suit!! (Looking awesome too!!)
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    edited July 2015
    First time photo post so forgive me if it doesn't work. Previous pics are in profile, current pic is shown. I'm 5'10" & 44 years. Starting weight 235 to 152. Currently maintaining for almost 2 years and comfortable around 160-165.

chmu1z0ac8ow.jpg

fg3d2s2zwm8a.jpg

otsj8sij0pjx.jpg

• meaghandyer
    meaghandyer Posts: 24 Member
    It is really inspiring to see these photos. I especially like seeing the women who look so gorgeous and slim, but the scale still doesn't say a tiny number (not that there is a problem when it does). I was a competitive athlete when I was younger and at my absolute lightest was still 175lbs (but pretty slim and very strong). Its nice to remember that some women, especially taller ones, can be so strong and beautiful and that final number doesn't need to be just over 100lbs. I have gained a lot of weight in the last few years and am just starting my journey to lose weight. Thanks for all inspiration ladies!!!!
  • cherub14
    cherub14 Posts: 63 Member
    Ladies these are awesome!
    I'm 5' 8"
    SW 207
    CW 175
    GW 155 ish?? (Have been at 150 before)
    I just measured my wrist and found out I am large frame... No wonder I looked like a living skeleton at 150 lbs and someone else looks hot hot hot at 130! I'm 20 pounds from my goal.
    Can't wait to post my success pics with you all
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    michellesz wrote: »
    First time photo post so forgive me if it doesn't work. Previous pics are in profile, current pic is shown. I'm 5'10" & 44 years. Starting weight 235 to 152. Currently maintaining for almost 2 years and comfortable around 160-165.

chmu1z0ac8ow.jpg

fg3d2s2zwm8a.jpg

otsj8sij0pjx.jpg

Dem arms....you go, gal. Am working to get arms like that!!! Great job all around!
  • ClintSeeber
    ClintSeeber Posts: 115 Member
    f5dd91rwjn5b.jpg

I am 5'9" Medium frame. Lost 30lbs so far and 20 to go, but here is before and nowish.

Stretch that long body!
  • ClintSeeber
    ClintSeeber Posts: 115 Member
    trashheap wrote: »
    ceceliaf wrote: »
    5'11.5
    highest weight: 185
    lowest weight: 158
    current weight: 167 :(
    goal weight: 150

i struggled with an undiagnosed gluten intolerance until i was 20, and as many of you want to say gluten is hooey, it changed my life. my entire body shape changed, my mood, my energy. with the help of living GF and dieting, i was able to get down to 158, my lowest weight since high school.... unfortunately i lost track of my goals, didn't see how much weight i was putting on, went through a rough break up, drank too much.... lost my job and became less active..... now i'm here. i go to mexico in 5 weeks and my boyfriend is coming with. mildly terrified. it's been 3 months now where i've been uncomfortable with my size, but been able to hide it. kicking it into high gear for the next few weeks.

around 185
    THHtGF4.jpg
    298315_10152119229700461_367744661_n.jpg?oh=03d5440b8876af1bd1468ecc7190c5ea&oe=551B1B38

mid weight loss around 170
    200485_10152371700690461_1173558738_n.jpg?oh=220bfadc92fe4baa14557a837f059bdf&oe=54D8ECAC

lowest weight at 158
    0TDEnHq.jpg

currently at 165-167ish
    1506662_10154768388790461_2572716475871159477_n.jpg?oh=e4eef6103ddcf0e14b936a342583361a&oe=551F5912
    Great job, and great tall awesomeness.

You are my height and I can't weight to get to 158 again... can't wait to get back there. Thanks for posting.

I'm 5'3".
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    All these posts are so amazing! And such great inspiration, everyone's done so well and looks so great.
    Mine isn't a before and after as such as it's still a work in progress :) I'm 5"7 (5"8 on a good day, does that count? haha). I have found though that with my weight loss my posture is improving so maybe I'll hit 5"8 and be part of the club!

5c71htzxt1as.jpg

SW: 205 / CW:183 / GW: 160

Gurl, you're so on it.

I've still got a week before my one month progress pictures but you all are making me excited for months two, three and beyond. :smiley:
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    edited July 2015
    All these posts are so amazing! And such great inspiration, everyone's done so well and looks so great.
    Mine isn't a before and after as such as it's still a work in progress :) I'm 5"7 (5"8 on a good day, does that count? haha). I have found though that with my weight loss my posture is improving so maybe I'll hit 5"8 and be part of the club!

5c71htzxt1as.jpg

Holy monkey! That is incredible, what exercise/diet plan are you doing? I hate the word diet because that words makes it seem temporary, but I just mean how many calories/IIFYM/paleo/whatever nutrition/eating plan..
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member

5c71htzxt1as.jpg

Yes, please share your program. Pr/ Carb/Fat breakdown
  • noidles
    noidles Posts: 17 Member

5c71htzxt1as.jpg

Oh my god! YOU have just massively inspired me. You've achieved amazing results. You must be really proud. I'm 194 right now and want to aim to lose 21 lbs in around 3 months.

I have been feeling a huge lack of motivation, but this makes me think it can be done.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    edited July 2015

5c71htzxt1as.jpg

Gurl, you're so on it.

I've still got a week before my one month progress pictures but you all are making me excited for months two, three and beyond. :smiley:

You'd be amazed how much can change in a month! Progress photos are one of the things that motivates me :)
    noidles wrote: »

5c71htzxt1as.jpg

Oh my god! YOU have just massively inspired me. You've achieved amazing results. You must be really proud. I'm 194 right now and want to aim to lose 21 lbs in around 3 months.

I have been feeling a huge lack of motivation, but this makes me think it can be done.

Thank you! that's so lovely to hear, I never thought I'd inspire anyone haha. I am pretty proud of myself for sticking with it for so long when I've failed so many times before, but then I did get myself into this state so its only me that can get me out of it! That seems like a pretty reasonable goal :) It's hard work but 7lbs a month is probably quite doable :) And it definitely can! dont give up :)

5c71htzxt1as.jpg

swiftyoung wrote: »

5c71htzxt1as.jpg

Yes, please share your program. Pr/ Carb/Fat breakdown

Holy monkey! That is incredible, what exercise/diet plan are you doing? I hate the word diet because that words makes it seem temporary, but I just mean how many calories/IIFYM/paleo/whatever nutrition/eating plan..

haha thanks :) I'm not a huge fan of the word 'diet' either but sometimes its shorter/easier than 'eating plan', but I know what you mean :)

I'm not on any kind of low carb/paleo/clean eating etc eating plan. Personally, I dont think its necessary unless you have a medical condition, but if it works for people then that's great! I just couldn't live without carbs or the occasional chocolate bar. The only reason this has worked, and I cant stress this enough, is that I weigh EVERYTHING.

At the moment I'm on 1200 calories. I don't tend to pay too much attention to macros but for anyone interested my goals are 50% carbs (150g)/ 20% Protein (60g)/ 30% fat (40g) . I eat pretty much whatever I fancy but within moderation and with 'healthy' alternatives, and I do try and make sure I get enough protein. (ETA I also occasionally eat to maintenance and have a treat meal about once a week, wether its a meal at a nice restaurant or takeaway, I just make sure I dont overeat)

My main issue was snacking, I'm a grazer, but I've found a few things that work for me. I keep a lot of 100 cal snacks in the house so I know I can grab one if I'm hungry without breaking my calorie limit (kitkats, low cal cereal bars, sugar free jelly pots- some are only 5 cals!, cracker breads with laughing cow low fat cheese etc). I've also replaced a lot of my favourite foods and ingredients with low fat substitutes.

I started off exercising 5 times a week for at least 20 mins, then slowly upped my workouts to 40 mins to an hour. I've recently got a new job so workouts have taken a bit of a back burner but I still make sure I workout on days off, so at the moment my exercise plan is about an hour 3 times a week. I use FitnessBlender and their Youtube channel, and started with the beginner workouts etc (so difficulties 1 and 2).

Sorry for the long post but it's kinda hard to sum up so many lifestyle changes and still keep it concise haha. Hope this helps :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!